BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

No confidence at all in the, well whatever you call him, manager is it?

Happy with my choice of no season ticket and will attend very little. If the manager cant even use common sense, and is so determined to play shite players, and at the same time have the backing of some knob jockeys running the freak show, then whats the point. Fuck off tony.

• Like 1

Just now, savage90 said:

Forest sign Chema Rodriguez (CB from Spain) and Carl Jenkinson. Let's face it other teams are more advance in their thinking and setups. They have delved into Europe and signed ample cover for key areas. It's about scouting, organisation, having a plan, getting your business done early and then adding to it. We started off OK but have now failed. I've always supported Mowbray but he has proved that he isn't up to the task of moving us forward. It will be a long season. Even teams under a transfer embargo have done better.

QPR for example have signed:

Lee Wallace (LB)

Marc Pugh (LW)

Todd Kane (RB)

Geoff Cameron (DM)

Yoann Barbet (CB)

Luke Amos (DM)

Nahki Wells (ST)

and Jordan Hugill (ST), amongst others.

Under a transfer embargo!! 

I said it at the start of last season and so did Mowbray, we have to look at Europe for help, yet an advert is still out proving we can't do it. That's what last year should have been all about. Our owners and management are still holding us back from a serious promotion push.

Leeds, Bristol City, Brentford, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Fulham, Stoke, Swansea, Forest, Cardiff and West Brom are miles ahead of us and will finish ahead of us. Unfortunately that is half of the league.

So basically we have to sign 7 new players to have a good transfer window?

Also Jenkinson is guff. Can't defend for toffee, which is a worrying feature for a right back. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover

Just now, Tormund said:

He’s hardly a good player is he? Been shipped around everywhere, never settled anywhere. 7 games for Birmingham on loan. 

That was injury as ive said. Many a people have said, if injury free hes a top flight player. I cant be assed arguing mate, defence is shite, manager is useless, fucked off with it all.

Interesting that many are lauding some teams buying largely unknown players from abroad. People have short memories  - remember the Portugeuse experiment ?

This window will be defined by whether we get a half decent out of contract central defender. Also huge pressure on Tosin coming good.

For all the criticism of TM - I wonder how much he has been limited by our wage bill. For which the lack of season ticket sales won't have helped.

• Like 3

Just now, savage90 said:

Leeds, Bristol City, Brentford, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Fulham, Stoke, Swansea, Forest, Cardiff and West Brom are miles ahead of us and will finish ahead of us. Unfortunately that is half of the league.

Some of those have had huge upheaval. They may have brought players in, but at least a handful have had to by losing their big hitters.

I'd happily bet here and now that we'll finish above at least a few of those sides.

• Like 3

Just now, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Interesting that many are lauding some teams buying largely unknown players from abroad. People have short memories  - remember the Portugeuse experiment ?

This window will be defined by whether we get a half decent out of contract central defender. Also huge pressure on Tosin coming good.

For all the criticism of TM - I wonder how much he has been limited by our wage bill. For which the lack of season ticket sales won't have helped.

Lack of sales? We’ve sold our standard amount.

Why would last season’s 15th place finish and average to poor window have led to flogging more?

Unfortunately we remember fecking everything under these knob jockeys. We even have all acquired the ability to see into the future. Including what we all know, will be tony mowbray here for another 25 years with no defence.

37 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

I think £3 million for Reed is fair enough. Not sure I'd pay £5 million for him. Johnson, Travis and Buckley are all be better than him. 

Cunningham, Johnson and Gallagher are excellent signings. We are stronger now imo, with much more height and heading ability.

Come on! Travis and Buckley are puppies - they may be one day better than him but not now.  We'd be fighting off bids if they were. Johnson too, he is the closest in ability but at an age where he is not viable to many clubs. We didn't really have much competition to sign him did we. Fulham should have just picked him up on a free. Whenever i visited opposition fans forums last season, there were only two players that were commonly mentioned from our team that they would like to have - Dack and Reed.

Just now, AAK said:

Unfortunately we remember fecking everything under these knob jockeys. We even have all acquired the ability to see into the future. Including what we all know, will be tony mowbray here for another 25 years with no defence.

While I blame the owners for our current predicament  - you just need to look at Bolton and Bury tò see how much worse it could be.

Considering we were a business deal - unlike the labour of love Rovers were for Jack - I am amazed they continue to fund the club in the way they do.

• Like 2

We were literally one decent centre half away from a good window IMO but the lack of strengthening there is so crucial that it makes it a poor window, especially when looking at how many goals we conceded last season. A lot of responsibility lies in Tosin this season and it seriously calls into question why Mowbray made this signing. Backed himself into a corner regarding team selection, paid a fee for a player on loan when Wigan are signing Pearce from Leeds for 200k!!! They haven't a fecking clue about the market or even about many players, who they are, their strengths, etc... That's obviously why they have a recruitment team. The best signing he's made is one that he saw with his own 2 eyes, Rothwell, Brereton was one he had no idea about that was suggested by the recruitment team. Lack of knowledge about the market and footballers in general is alarming. 

Also... Has Mulgrew even gone? Would have thought this would have been announced by now. 

• Like 3

Reed would have been an excellent addition to our squad.

Has a bit of versatility about him, which Mowbray loves.

Beyond Johnson and Travis, our centre mid options aren't great. Smallwood and Evan's aren't particularly good and Davenport is turning into the new Vinnie Grella.

• Backroom

Has the Mulgrew deal fallen through I wonder? 

Would be awkward if he’s still here tomorrow, assuming Lenihan will be confirmed as the new captain 

Can someone post some Centre backs who are free agents who could be potential signings? If you say Joel Lynch I’ll be asking the mods too ban you. Throw some names at me somebody, surely there’s someone out there who may be an option for us? 

Just now, Butty said:

Can someone post some Centre backs who are free agents who could be potential signings? If you say Joel Lynch I’ll be asking the mods too ban you. Throw some names at me somebody, surely there’s someone out there who may be an option for us? 

Skrtel

Ashley Williams

That lad from QPR in ripped jeans and tatts

Thats about all i know without looking.

Ah the old wage bill again, the same one carrying his new 35 yr old signing Downing amongst others.  It's just like transfer fees - unbalanced chucked away in big numbers here and there and scrimped on in others.

No excuse not to get some decent defenders in at all when you can splurge millions on strikers and short term oap pals.

• Like 1

Just now, JacknOry said:

Skrtel

Ashley Williams

That lad from QPR in ripped jeans and tatts

Thats about all i know without looking.

I mean Skrtel would be some signing I’ll give you that! We definitely need an experienced head at the back that’s for sure.

8 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

It’s ironic that other clubs think that we’ve had a decent window. Puts it into perspective.  

Uh where have you seen that other clubs think we have had a decent window?

In fairness, if you just look at who we have brought in in isolation, ignoring fees, whether perm or not and the glaring weakness in our defensive area, it probably does look 'decent'. But the priorities have been all wrong.

35 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I'm not a great fan of Directors of Football but as I have said previously if Mowbray was to manage us this season then a condition of that should have been a DOF being brought in, as he showed last season he is not up to it in the market.

I'm a fan of the Director of football/head coach structure. Look how it worked so well for Norwich. Webber record of signings there and Huddersfield is excellent. 

I mention Brentford structure and how well its serves them. 

Hopefully we will bring in this structure after Mowbray reign here. 

21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think this window just shows Mowbray and Waggott are not up to their respective jobs.

IMO, no strategy, no nous, just smacks of panic.

Our three defensive signings are all loans - where the feck does that leave us next season!?

Mulgrew has been an influential figure since the day he arrived and I think we are seeing growing signs that Mowbray is losing, if he hasn't already lost, the dressing room.

I have never been convinced by either Mowbray or Waggott since they first arrived and concerns about their inabilities and credibility grow with each passing day.

I firmly believe that if our club is to progress, Waggott, Mowbray, Venus, Lowe and Benson need sacking at the earliest opportunity.

Mowbray is losing the dressing room? Not sure at all of this. He is right to get rid of Mulgrew. 

Hopefully we will sign Cunningham permanently next summer. Mowbray has 9 months to find a new number 1 keeper and number 2 keeper. Plus 3 and half months to find a centre back who is a leader on the back

9 minutes ago, savage90 said:

sadly the game isn't played on paper. Look at how much Stoke spent last season and finished behind us. How many of us tipped Norwich to win the league last season

Swansea lost James and McBurnie

Fulham look very strong and pleased I put my money on them winning league. Sheffield Wednesday recruited well. Unsure about Bristol City as they have lost Adam Webster. Leeds have lost Jansson, Roofe and Clarke(but loaned back). 

16 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

So basically we have to sign 7 new players to have a good transfer window?

Also Jenkinson is guff. Can't defend for toffee, which is a worrying feature for a right back. 

Are you listening Tony?