BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

My guess is frustrated at his own performance on Saturday he Reacted badly when pulled up by Mowbray in the dressing room , probably said something he shouldn't of done and Mowbrays decision was made for him ..... Just incredible we didn't move to bring in a replacement in the 4-5 days after that ?

Edited by AJW

Watching Norwich taking a hammering against Liverpool. They have created some good chances but are totally falling at the back. Hanley looks shellshocked, and their promising full back just can't cope defensively with Liverpool's movement. 

Just now, briansol said:

Watching Norwich taking a hammering against Liverpool. They have created some good chances but are totally falling at the back. Hanley looks shellshocked, and their promising full back just can't cope defensively with Liverpool's movement. 

Making Charlie look like Beckenbauer. JK

Just now, briansol said:

Bet he wishes he had signed for Blackburn now lol 

• Like 2

On 08/08/2019 at 14:51, Mercer said:

Surely not - they've only just arrived in the building and had no time on the grass!

Right you are.Merc, will take them till March or so to bed in and displace the incumbents when TM will slot Cunningham in as a right winger.

On 08/08/2019 at 14:54, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Even when the players are yours the more successful players can get taken away by the bigger fish. What you need is what the Dingles had, a really successful, coherent, logical way of playing that doesn't rely on too many star players but on a hardworking bunch with a good team ethic and workrate so when you are ultimately successful you can hold on to most of them. At this moment we are a million miles away from that point.

You forgot one thing, most importantly, a top notch manager who knows what he is doing.

• Like 1

On 08/08/2019 at 15:00, jim mk2 said:

One thing is clear.

All hopes of a much stronger squad this window and a push for a top 6 place have disappeared.

As it stands, I think we'll be mid table at best and it will be another season wasted. 

Unless something remarkable happens in the January window, I know I know, I think mid table would be over achieving.

• Like 1

On 08/08/2019 at 16:28, Paul Mani said:

Mowbrays stance against Mulgrew for me is a sign that he knows he’s under pressure. Mulgrew and Bennett are piss poor defenders. If he’s cslled them out then so what. More importantly he’s seems to have fired Mulgrew off to Wigan for his insolence. The squad may be feeling a little unnerved. Good, I say. There’s a few in there like Dack, Mulgrew, Bennett who’ve been coasting for months. 

Maybe it’s a shot across the bows of the players who’ll be thinking “Jeez, you don’t wanna piss the gaffer off. If he can shift the club captain out in half a day he can get rid of any of us!”

Yet he keeps picking Bennett leaving a better defender with real pace on the bench.  WTF.

23 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Skrtel

Ashley Williams

That lad from QPR in ripped jeans and tatts

Thats about all i know without looking.

Would love Skrtl here.  Prone to the odd blunder but damn good defender.

22 hours ago, Mercer said:

There will be some very disgruntled individuals in there.  Nyambe, Rothwell and Brereton to name but three (and can you blame them).

Mulgrew, like Raya, will feel like he's been hung out to dry.  Mulgrew is very influential, an international with some 40 caps or more, and you can be sure others will take note of both his displeasure and likely castigation of Mowbray.

Absolutely not Merc, rank bad management, rank bad vision, rank bad motivation.  What must these pro's be thinking.  Clearly they can see as well as us that Mowbary is picking lesser quality players ahead of them.  It has to infuriate and or demotivate.  Question remains why.  By all accounts BB had an encouraging pre season, then when chasing the game he brings on Buckley.  Had he brought on BB and he scored can you imagine the boost the lad would have got.  Course he may not have scored but at least he is not wondering wtf he has to do to get a kick.  Really swinging to the Mowbary out group now.

22 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't doubt the wage bill was full to bursting.

However Mowbray brought this entirely on himself by unnecessarily handing out new deals to the likes of Graham, Evans, Bennett, Smallwood, Mulgrew, and replacing the superfluous Conway with the even older and presumably more expensive Downing.

Spot on with the money part Rev.  Sigh, if only our owners actually understood footy. 

16 hours ago, geedog13 said:

To true, and this may be the kick up the ass they all need, I mean if the captain isn't safe no one is so they should all play for there jobs, it's not a charity its football play properly or f@#k off 

Kick up the arse?  Charlie is off to play football somewhere else where he will still be paid handsomely.  Same would apply to all our other players, do they really give a toss?  I'm betting not, some may be worried about a pay cut but that would be about it.

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You can be as facetious as you like yet no-one came into replace Mulgrew therefore that does not suggest the move was long in the planning.

Or the plan is that Tosin and Lenihan are the clear first choice pairing and that we have enough cover in the existing squad. 

Or we are planning on signing a free agent to add additional cover. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Glosrover said:

just how it should be ....

a friend {Glos based PNE fan} pointed me to this post on the PNE forum, interesting perspective on Rover's business in the window 

quite why they consider Rovers as 'Plastics' is beyond me, but presumably some obscure reference to us competing at the very top of the top level through the 1990's along-with the so-called big boys, [it's also quite ironic as PNE were last in the first division in 1961 when plastic probably hadn't even been invented].

Maybe Rover's transfer business looks better from the outside than from our own perspective?

Wow, a reasonably balanced Both Ends fan,.who'd a thunk.

• Like 1