BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, rog of the rovers said:

Surprised we haven't jettisoned any of the fringe players for League One or League Two loans.

Smallwood, Grayson, Platt and maybe even Chapman.

Unless we're saving them for PL2 survival!

Smallwood seems the type to want to fight for a place. Grayson has had a taste and its not like we have too much depth at the back. Chapman, seems, in my opinion, to be a little miffed that he is not getting game time. I think his attitude might also be holding him back, you can be miffed without downing tools - effectively making it even harder to get game time. I fi was him, id be working my coks off in training and in the u23s so that TM has no reason to ignore you. 

Platt, agree, should have been loaned out. Possibly Butterworth but like you say, we do want our PL2 survival.

6 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Smallwood seems the type to want to fight for a place. Grayson has had a taste and its not like we have too much depth at the back. Chapman, seems, in my opinion, to be a little miffed that he is not getting game time. I think his attitude might also be holding him back, you can be miffed without downing tools - effectively making it even harder to get game time. I fi was him, id be working my coks off in training and in the u23s so that TM has no reason to ignore you. 

Platt, agree, should have been loaned out. Possibly Butterworth but like you say, we do want our PL2 survival.

Be careful, most of us only get one

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

Surprised we haven't jettisoned any of the fringe players for League One or League Two loans.

Smallwood, Grayson, Platt and maybe even Chapman.

Unless we're saving them for PL2 survival!

4 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Platt, agree, should have been loaned out.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/august/platt-returns-to-holker-street/

:)

(With his 1-year contract renewal, guess it was Platt's last gasp here and he wasn't quite up for it. Shame, but hopefully he finds his feet at a lower level.)

Edited by RoverCanada

33 minutes ago, RoverCanada said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/august/platt-returns-to-holker-street/

:)

(With his 1-year contract renewal, guess it was Platt's last gasp here and he wasn't quite up for it. Shame, but hopefully he finds his feet at a lower level.)

We really don’t have any joy when it comes to defenders. Even Wharton has been on loan forever.

Major failure in being able to bring through promising youngsters into the first team. Mowbray prefers to play midfielders there. A bit like we also struggle with wingers, Mowbray prefers to play forwards there.

• 2 weeks later...

After the first 7 games, how would people judge our transfer window with a added element of hindsight?

Cunningham as I felt at the time is a superb signing, I just wish it was permanent. Dissapointed by his error at West Brom but his general level of performance has been terrific.

Walton looks better than I had anticipated. Seems far safer in terms of commanding his box and deals with most things with minimal fuss.

Adarabioyo has barely played but in his 2 games has looked pretty good. We do look lacking in options behind him though.

Downing has been the one that has surprised me the most. Bar Cardiff when he was shocking, he has looked very good technically as youd expect. Ineffective wide right and should never play there, left or central he looks very good.

Johnson coversely has dissapointed me somewhat. Really poor on the half turn and often loses possession needlessly. Obviously a goal threat but needs to be much better than so far. Certainly has the pedigree.

Gallagher was not a player I wanted us to sign and has done nothing sadly to convince me that I was wrong. Another 5 million spent and no closer to finding a striker that can at some stage take the mantle away from the increasingly out of favour (but still by far our best striker) Danny Graham.

• Like 3