BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Think Holtby was here training in July/August. Few good free agents still available Simpson and Hutton would be good for the Rb option. Can’t believe Wilfred Bony, Giuseppe Rossi, The Olsons , Abate and Josh McEachran are all still without clubs.

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Could also push Travis down the pecking order. 

Still, I think I would rather take that risk.

We're only an injury away from Evans being back to a mainstay in the midfield which just makes me shudder.

• Backroom
Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Still, I think I would rather take that risk.

We're only an injury away from Evans being back to a mainstay in the midfield which just makes me shudder.

Well, we have other options. Buckley, Bennett and Tosin are all able to play in that position. If TM chose Evans then that would be on him rather than because of a lack of squad depth. Holtby would seem like a real waste of a wage when we have other positions that need addressing beforehand.   

Lewis holtby would be a great signing and the fact is you can never have enough quality. To get us up it’s not only what you put out has a first eleven but the quality of the replacements. If he’s available and he wants to come let’s get him in and worry who gets pushed where later

• Like 2

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

He can and has played CB in his career and any additional cover there would be welcome. Also anything that pushes Evans and Smallwood further towards the exit door is excellent business imo. Worth a punt on a 12 month deal 

From what I've seen he's more of an attacking midfielder, probably play on the left or right side of the attacking three behind a striker. Reports  here in Germany seem to think he will likely sign. Would be surprised if he could play as a championship standard defender.

He also refused to play in the game(s) that decided Hamburg would be relegated for the first time in their history! Can't remember what his reasons were though.

Thing Bennett is the best option we have of standing in for Travis or Johnson when injured as that was where he has performed best. Allows a proper rb to play too. Sign a defender, and let Bennett cover midfield more. Appreciate won't happen as Bennett has to start.