BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

• Backroom
Just now, robbojohnno said:

The Cairney replacement finally about to arrive? Holtby, if motivated, is a top player at this level.

Don't we already have Dack and Rothwell who can play the Cairney AMC role though? 

A good player when HSV were in the Bundesliga the season before last. Lost form last season. 

Has trained with Rot Weiss Essen recently.

HSV are a basket case of a club who are only now looking capable. They are a bit of a joke in Germany so there could be a million reasons why it didn't work out for him. 

Likes making forward runs. Not a defensive midfielder. On his day, much better than any player we have now.

Deep lying pass-picker, technically gifted. 

Could be coup. Let's hope it's another triumph for our under the radar scouting network.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DE. said:

Don't we already have Dack and Rothwell who can play the Cairney AMC role though? 

Dack plays off the striker or even false 9 at the moment. Rothwell mostly plays on the wing and neither are left footed so I wouldn't compare them to Cairney and Holtby. 

Mowbray said in the LT today that we also looked at re signing Lucas Joao.

Our striking search seems to have lacked a little imagination this summer, were Marvin Emnes, Anthony Stokes and Fode Koita also considered?!

Still feel like a prolific striker could have been the key, Gallagher is both the most underwhelming signing IMO that we made this summer and also the only one that cost a transfer fee. The other 6 look in the main to have very much improved us.

Still think Graham is out on his own as our best striker, regardless of age.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray said in the LT today that we also looked at re signing Lucas Joao.

Our striking search seems to have lacked a little imagination this summer, were Marvin Emnes, Anthony Stokes and Fode Koita also considered?!

Still feel like a prolific striker could have been the key, Gallagher is both the most underwhelming signing IMO that we made this summer and also the only one that cost a transfer fee. The other 6 look in the main to have very much improved us.

Still think Graham is out on his own as our best striker, regardless of age.

didn't we look at him in the same summer as we bought Brereton instead? 

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Joao has by far the more natural skill and ability than both rovers strikers but just like ravel Morrison and many more he will never fulfill it due to a poor attitude and work ethic. That reason alone I would rather have Gallagher and Brereton than joao

Exactly would have Gallagher or Bereton everyday of the week. Joao was a lazy arse when here. It appears Reading fans think the same. Attitude before apptitude at this level every time. The option with players like joao is one good game in ten or a player like Gallagher who works his socks off every game. 

Apparently when Mowbray took over him and Emenes turned up late for the game and where sent out of the team talk. Did they care no laughing in the corridor. He reminds me of the bad days when you looked at our players and it made you embarrassed. Waste of time and space and in reality not that good. I’m at a loss how anyone could find anything positive to say without a short memory.

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

Exactly would have Gallagher or Bereton everyday of the week. Joao was a lazy arse when here. It appears Reading fans think the same. Attitude before apptitude at this level every time. The option with players like joao is one good game in ten or a player like Gallagher who works his socks off every game. 

Apparently when Mowbray took over him and Emenes turned up late for the game and where sent out of the team talk. Did they care no laughing in the corridor. He reminds me of the bad days when you looked at our players and it made you embarrassed. Waste of time and space and in reality not that good. I’m at a loss how anyone could find anything positive to say without a short memory.

Spot on

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/07/2019 at 23:20, briansol said:

Looks like a proper defender. Can head and likes a tackle

If only !!! 
I see he is in Croatia squad to play Wales this weekend .We always knew we would regret no getting one like this in and after 12 games we look in bother with defensive injuries . What a surprise eh Tony?

any body still think we are dark horses???

11 minutes ago, Amo said:

Kinda scary to think that Gallagher was the only player we paid money for this summer. Everyone else was a freebie or a loan deal. And we got £3m for Raya, so that's only a £2m net spend.

Money for Nuttall too

Just now, Miller11 said:

Money for Nuttall too

True. Doubt we got much for him, though.

Preston, Leeds, Swansea all spent peanuts this summer, so I shouldn't be giving Mowbray excuses. And we've been able to keep hold of Dack for another year.