BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

I would like to see Brereton/Gallagher play as a striker with both Dack and Holtby in behind. Two players who can thread a ball and are creative in thought may help our goal scoring issues. 

We have to somehow make one of them a player. 

I don't think being played out wide helps either at all. They will also most likely be 'training wide' as well, so switching between the two different roles cannot be easy. They are very different roles. 

On 13/10/2019 at 08:21, Ossydave said:

Martin Olsson is still a free agent ain't he? Not amazing but still a Bell upgrade

Probably one of the more depressing sentences I've read on this site. How we continue to fall.

There must be a solid centre back under 35 with a decent fitness record and championship experience hanging around somewhere looking for a club. Or someone released from a club higher up who have looked to trim their wage bill i can't see why we dither about so much in defence with this manager.

Mind you if you've paid an alleged million pound loan fee for someone i suppose you need to justify that first, still need solid back up though.  Oh for a Moran or Tony Gale or even Baptiste type who might not have the legs they once had but who can come in and use their experience to marshal that defend and put their nut on things !!!!

Just now, tomphil said:

There must be a solid centre back under 35 with a decent fitness record and championship experience hanging around somewhere looking for a club. Or someone released from a club higher up who have looked to trim their wage bill i can't see why we dither about so much in defence with this manager.

Mind you if you've paid an alleged million pound loan fee for someone i suppose you need to justify that first, still need solid back up though.  Oh for a Moran or Tony Gale or even Baptiste type who might not have the legs they once had but who can come in and use their experience to marshal that defend and put their nut on things !!!!

John MacNamee ? Graham Hawkins ? Where are they all these days ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Anyone know what happened to the bury left back gregg Leigh. Came through the city ranks and looked a good player when he played against us. With bury going to the wall maybe he could do a job Until Cunningham gets fit. He looked strong, fast , could dribble, defend and cross. Only seen him play that one game but he really excited me. Although if he was that good surly he would be snapped up by now so maybe it was a flash in the pan game

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Anyone know what happened to the bury left back gregg Leigh. Came through the city ranks and looked a good player when he played against us. With bury going to the wall maybe he could do a job Until Cunningham gets fit. He looked strong, fast , could dribble, defend and cross. Only seen him play that one game but he really excited me. Although if he was that good surly he would be snapped up by now so maybe it was a flash in the pan game

He's now at Aberdeen on loan from a Dutch club

• Like 1

Our defence is fucked. Cunningham out all season (still might hang around for some reason, I assume we paid a loan fee and are therefore committed to the full season loan and wages so he might as well stay here since the lads love him so much...). Lenihan for 8 weeks. Hart out. Grayson out for a couple of months or so. Bennett a game from suspension. Williams and Tosin are injury prone. Right down to the bare bones, and we were shit at the back before any of this happened.

We absolutely need to be scouring the free agent market for a CB, now.

4 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

I want to know what happened to that Oldham right back, the one that was so good/dangerous that we had to play both Williams and Bell at home against them just to nullify him.

Tbf, it would probably take both of them on the left just to nullify me. Wouldn't let yourself get too excited about him on that basis.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Our defence is fucked. Cunningham out all season (still might hang around for some reason, I assume we paid a loan fee and are therefore committed to the full season loan and wages so he might as well stay here since the lads love him so much...). Lenihan for 8 weeks. Hart out. Grayson out for a couple of months or so. Bennett a game from suspension. Williams and Tosin are injury prone. Right down to the bare bones, and we were shit at the back before any of this happened.

Don’t disagree but 12 games in I doubt many will be match fit and in Tony’s regime he doesn’t pick them for 6 months even when they are 

1 hour ago, TBTF said:

Don’t disagree but 12 games in I doubt many will be match fit and in Tony’s regime he doesn’t pick them for 6 months even when they are 

Doesn't really matter at this point. But Holtby kept himself in good nick.

He'll play them if we are all out of defenders.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Magloire loaned out and injured and Mulgrew at Wigan!