BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, JacknOry said:

Well, in your own words, I think ill trust the opinion of a manager that surely knows more than some random forum poster about whether BB is good enough to replace DG at this current time.

But nobody will trust the manager when he signs him hahahaha laughable.

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

You did suggest it, you quite clearly implied I'm some bogus tipster. That suggests I'm a liar.

Everyone can comment on things, but there's no need to make derogatory comments at me about an unrelated topic, for saying I think BB is a good player.

''self-promoting tipster'' was the phrase I used, no mention of bogus or any accusation that you are a liar. At least be accurate.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The evidence of my own eyes. What is he good at ?  Is he quick like Bellamy  ? Is he a physical player like Dickov ? Is he good in the air like Gestede ? Is he a goal poacher like Garner ?  What does he bring to the table ? I can't see any of those assets and for £ 7 million I'd want to see at least one of those. We won't be the first club to spend big on a 19 year old and have wasted our dosh. Look back at under 19 teams from say 15 years ago and see how many made it big. Usually its about 2 out of the 11 that go on to the big time and half of them end up in non league. 

But why the insistence that it wont work out? Do you not want him to turn out good? He's barely played, how can you at all write him off?

I'm saying that he was brought in because he could be good enough. We spent £7m on him because he COULD make it.

TM isn't giving him a chance to make that happen, which is frustrating, but that's a completely separate issue, he obviously thinks it's not time to let him develop yet. 
But the point about him having potential still stands.

If we were a top half Premier League side that would be a gamble worth taking, but we aren't. For Rovers we were betting the ranch.

• Like 1

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

''self-promoting tipster'', no mention of bogus or any accusation that you are a liar. At least be accurate.

Name one time I've self-promoted myself? I bet you can't.

I don't post my own articles here, I don't bring them up.

Edited by JoeHarvey

If we were a top half Premier League side that would be a gamble worth taking, but we aren't. For Rovers we were betting the ranch.

But the bet is placed. At least give it a chance.

But nobody will trust the manager when he signs him hahahaha laughable.

I am just highlighting the large dose of hypocrisy here.

When we signed him, i think most were actually quite excited to see we have spent big on a young striker and were wondering what we were about to get. It wasnt until he barely got any action, didnt look all that when he did that the criticism (of the transfer, not the player) started. 

But the bet is placed. At least give it a chance.

On the evidence so far, he's a bad bet. And it's clear the money should have been better spent on a centre half and other positions where we are weak. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

The point is, if TM and his scouting team, and the England youth set up didn’t think he could make it, he wouldn’t be here. 

And they know a lot more than anybody on here.

You could equally say that if Forest thought that he could make it then he wouldn't be here. We can only judge Brereton on what he has done on the pitch and I think that it is fair to say that he has been very poor so far.

But I can guarantee at 20 years old, nobody was sat around saying "he'll never be good enough", which many suggest about BB, because the weight of expectation at Rovers is insane.

Regarding Lowe I said " He won't be good enough " after seeing him play one game. Same story - what did he bring to the party ? Could he tackle ? Could he pass the ball long and short ? Was he a good header of the ball ? Could he run with the ball ? Did he find space ? All he could do was to run around to no real purpose.

Now tell me I was wrong.

But why the insistence that it wont work out? Do you not want him to turn out good? He's barely played, how can you at all write him off?

Althought i get other peoples points. I think i'm with you here mate. I see glimpses in him. How many games has he started? Not many. Is he worth 7m? Definatly not.

I would defiantly start the lad more.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

My opinion, you know that word for sure

Your answer to the question "Name one time I self-promoted myself?" is to not give me one, because there isn't one...

Regarding Lowe I said " He won't be good enough " after seeing him play one game. Same story - what did he bring to the party ? Could he tackle ? Could he pass the ball long and short ? Was he a good header of the ball ? Could he run with the ball ? Did he find space ? All he could do was to run around to no real purpose.

Now tell me I was wrong.

You want me to make comment on a supposed "opinion" you formed of Jason Lowe 8 years ago, something which I have no indication as to whether is true or just made up for the purpose of this conversation? No.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

We all thought Lowe was shite from day 1, Shirley?

When he was a teenager? No, and it's a false memory to pretend everyone wrote Jason Lowe off when he was 19/20 years old. They didn't.

But because BB had a fee attached to him, people are desperate to scrutinise him.

When he was a teenager? No, and it's a false memory to pretend everyone wrote Jason Lowe off when he was 19/20 years old. They didn't.

But because BB had a fee attached to him, people are desperate to scrutinise him.

You are turning into Chaddy2......

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

You are turning into Chaddy2......

Whilst I don't know who Chaddy2 is, I'll assume this isn't a compliment. 

I just feel like somebody has to stick up for BB, he's not been given enough time to be judged so heavily by the entire fanbase.

Even with very young and in experienced players you should be able to see something. My eldest son used to work for Chris Lucketti's dad. Chris was playing centre half for Bury at the time and we got complimentary tickets for Bury games. I recall watching them playing Norwich. Bellamy had just got into their team and you could tell right away he was a star in the making. His pace, desire to get on the ball, will to win, eye for a goal was obvious for anybody watching. He wasn't the finished article because he was still developing physically but he was still a handful.  

Even with very young and in experienced players you should be able to see something. My eldest son used to work for Chris Lucketti's dad. Chris was playing centre half for Bury at the time and we got complimentary tickets for Bury games. I recall watching them playing Norwich. Bellamy had just got into their team and you could tell right away he was a star in the making. His pace, desire to get on the ball, will to win, eye for a goal was obvious for anybody watching. He wasn't the finished article because he was still developing physically but he was still a handful.  

I'm not saying BB definitely will make it, but I'm saying he could, and surely with DG turning 34, it's a risk worth taking.

Just imagine your wrong, wouldn't it be great? Imagine if BB did come good, it would be great news for everyone at the club. 

It could be Chaddy if it wasn't for the lack of spelling mistakes.

Definitely not a compliment then. Who is this Chaddy you speak of? A quick search of this forum suggests he isn't well liked. 

Was he a "self-promoting, bogus tipster", a "liar" or a "spinster" too?

Comparing Bellamy to BB doesn't work. Bellamy in my eyes was one of the best strikers in the league in his prime. I don't think BB will ever be as good as him. But like some have said, people are jumping on the bang wagon far to soon in my eyes. Lets see what happens after a few starts this season. Then we can judge. BB's price tag does not help him in anyway.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

I'm not saying BB definitely will make it, but I'm saying he could, and surely with DG turning 34, it's a risk worth taking.

Just imagine your wrong, wouldn't it be great? Imagine if BB did come good, it would be great news for everyone at the club. 

It'd be more than great on several levels. That's why it was a crucial signing. The goals would be great, the team would be better to watch and most importantly of all the Chicken Chokers may decide to put some more money into the club.