BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Rodak was excellent for Rotherham at Ewood & he's had a lot of recognition throughout the season on the football league show or whatever it's called this time round. Would probably be a great signing but I very much doubt Fulham would be open to selling, their main keeper is only on loan so they might want him in the side next year, especially with them being back in the Championship.   

Very wary of it's authenticity but saw this article suggesting we're back after Ben Heneghan. Tall Sheffield United centre back on loan at Blackpool who's doing really well by all accounts. We tried to sign him previously but Sheff U pipped us to him. Regardless of the article being written by a chancer, I wouldn't be overly surprised to see him through the door along with Patrick Bauer, knowing TM's past recruitment approach.

https://www.clubcall.com/transfers/2019/03/24/blackburn-back-on-trail-of-blades-defender/

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

My ideal CH pairing to start next season is Bauer and Hanley

Both getable and both would improve us immensely 

Aye. Hanley had, and will have his critics but I thought he was really good in his last season for us & became the leader of the side. Might make the odd slip up but half of the goals we've conceded recently wouldn't have gone in with him in the side, and if he was a better player than he is he'd be in the premier league and we wouldn't have a hope of signing him. Really like the look of Bauer too. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Don Said said:

Rodak was excellent for Rotherham at Ewood & he's had a lot of recognition throughout the season on the football league show or whatever it's called this time round. Would probably be a great signing but I very much doubt Fulham would be open to selling, their main keeper is only on loan so they might want him in the side next year, especially with them being back in the Championship.   

Very wary of it's authenticity but saw this article suggesting we're back after Ben Heneghan. Tall Sheffield United centre back on loan at Blackpool who's doing really well by all accounts. We tried to sign him previously but Sheff U pipped us to him. Regardless of the article being written by a chancer, I wouldn't be overly surprised to see him through the door along with Patrick Bauer, knowing TM's past recruitment approach.

https://www.clubcall.com/transfers/2019/03/24/blackburn-back-on-trail-of-blades-defender/

Why do we keep getting linked with the same players window after window?

Do we have no scouts at all, just a dusty notepad left behind by the last one that we keep having a bash at?

Just now, Stuart said:

Do we have no scouts at all, just a dusty notepad left behind by the last one that we keep having a bash at?

I suspect there is a large amount of tumbleweed in the depths of Ewood, just waiting to blow around a bit more.

Edited by Proudtobeblue&white
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Stuart said:

Good timing Stuart.

Rovers are continuing to monitor Charlton defender Patrick Bauer

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17528978.rovers-monitoring-out-of-contract-league-one-defender/

We're being linked with a couple of tall central defenders which I'm under the impression that we really need (certainly the goals against column suggests so). Granted, it's early days and said Centre Backs aren't Van Dijk pedigree but still, why the negative reaction to this speculation?

After the cool breeze of the dynamic young England side I suppose it's back to the fetid, dreich misery of this place.

Edited by deryck guyler's spoon

That article suggest we're looking in the full back areas too. Hopefully that means Bennett and Williams will be shipped out in return.

14 minutes ago, Don Said said:

Good timing Stuart.

Rovers are continuing to monitor Charlton defender Patrick Bauer

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17528978.rovers-monitoring-out-of-contract-league-one-defender/

I've said in January that Bauer would sign here in summer. I think its a done deal. Similar to Rothwell one in summer

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

That article suggest we're looking in the full back areas too. Hopefully that means Bennett and Williams will be shipped out in return.

Why would Bennett be shipped out? Played out of position for majority of the season and someone I rate highly. Williams hopefully will be. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I've said in January that Bauer would sign here in summer. I think its a done deal. Similar to Rothwell one in summer

Why would Bennett be shipped out? Played out of position for majority of the season and someone I rate highly. Williams hopefully will be. 

Let's hope he play's Bauer more than he does Rothwell. As for Bennett being played out of position the problem with Bennett is that he doesn't have a position. He's a jack of all trades master of none who is continually  shoehorned into the team by Mowbray who unfortunately has blind faith in him despite the fact he has been ineffective all season. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Because he's shit Chaddy.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

We're being linked with a couple of tall central defenders which I'm under the impression that we really need (certainly the goals against column suggests so). Granted, it's early days and said Centre Backs aren't Van Dijk pedigree but still, why the negative reaction to this speculation?

After the cool breeze of the dynamic young England side I suppose it's back to the fetid, dreich misery of this place.

You say that like it's a succession of posts, when it's one at best.....

1 hour ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

I can't see any negative reaction to the players we're linked with?

People on here have been wanting Bauer for ages, he'd be a good signing and it seems we all recognise that.

At worst the model of going back to old targets might be a bit worrying to some as it might indicate our net isn't cast far, nothing more.

Just now, K-Hod said:

You say that like it's a succession of posts, when it's one at best.....

I said that there was a negative reaction which there was. There was no suggestion of a number of posts or "succession". I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion?

I'd be guardedly optimistic if both or either player were to sign. I'd at least hold the opprobrium for a few weeks.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, deryck guyler's spoon said:

I said that there was a negative reaction which there was. There was no suggestion of a number of posts or "succession". I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion?

I'd be guardedly optimistic if both or either player were to sign. I'd at least hold the opprobrium for a few weeks.

Reaction would indicate a general thing, to be honest. If you'd felt it was only one post, then I would have thought you'd simply quote the offending post?

Edited by K-Hod

Just now, K-Hod said:

Reaction would indicate a general thing, to be honest. If you'd felt it was only one post, then I would have thought you'd simply quote the offending post?

It was two to be fair one of which was from somebody who has a bit of a hissy fit if I quote him.

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Let's hope he play's Bauer more than he does Rothwell. As for Bennett being played out of position the problem with Bennett is that he doesn't have a position. He's a jack of all trades master of none who is continually  shoehorned into the team by Mowbray who unfortunately has blind faith in him despite the fact he has been ineffective all season. 

Bennett is one of the 1st names on the teamsheets. Last couple of games he has one of our best players. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Bennett is one of the 1st names on the teamsheets. Last couple of games he has one of our best players. 

Completely disagree. He's looked out of his depth throughout the season. Great guy just not what we need! 

We need to sell:

Smallwood and Williams. Bennett maybe.

• Like 1