Neal

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Any chance we could get a 'transfer links only' thread like last year, for the people who only want to view that, and have the discussion here? I don't know why some people moaned about that system, I thought it was far better.

I'm going to try to summarise the players I've seen us linked to, best as I can recall (no links sorry, cba):

• Stewart Downing (Winger, predominantly left-sided)
  • Scott Carson (GK)
  • Frank Fielding (GK)
  • Adam Maher (Midfielder)
  • Sam Gallagher (Striker/shunted onto the wing)
  • Patrick Bauer (CH)
  • Liam Lindsay (CH)
  • Daniel Bentley (GK)
  • Bassala Sambou (Striker)
  • Joe Malkin (Striker)

The last two are clearly for the youth team initially. I assume we are scouting a few European countries but the only one I've heard confirmed is Holland.

8 hours ago, JoeHarvey said:

I'll tell you what, I'll offer up a challenge:

For weeks I've been told I'm this that and the other, but you know what, if one of you, just one, could back it up with some evidence that would be great. 
This morning I asked somebody to find evidence that I was "self-promoting" and they declined to do so (presumebly because I have never self-promoted myself)

So... based on some accusations from the last few pages.

Can someone find evidence that I've started an argument?

You started an argument when you joined.  Told you you need thick skin.  

7 hours ago, Madon said:

Haha yeah, I said Assombalonga in jest aftet Januarys goings on!

...if the away kit’s not grey & yellow you’re coming on the pod to explain yourself BTW...😆

Speaking to someone who was talking to Anthony Pilkington’s relation, said he really wanted to come to Rovers before signing for Wigan, and that Rovers said the reason they didn’t want to sign him,was a policy of not signing anyone over 30.

So this rumour re Downing could just very well be a rumour,also thought that TM said he’d like to bolster the squad with 2/3 mid twenty’s who could go straight into the side alongside his younger ones coming through from the u/23s. Looking forward to see what happens.

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

...if the away kit’s not grey & yellow you’re coming on the pod to explain yourself BTW...😆

Grey halves! A strange pattern in one of the half. Not sure about yellow! If I'm wrong I understand I'm in for it😂

2 minutes ago, Madon said:

Grey halves! A strange pattern in one of the half. Not sure about yellow! If I'm wrong I understand I'm in for it😂

It sounds fucking awful, so you're in for it if you're right!!

7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We play with a lone target man, so I am sure Big Andy would fit in just swell.

Well maybe not actually, because we are moving to a technical, possession based style with false a 9, 10, 11 and possibly 1 if Raya doesn't sort his shit out. Maybe we should inquire about Messi? Actually, he is probably too old. 

Unless he's on a pay-as-you-play deal, Carroll would be a horrendous signing. He's the most crocked player in history. 

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

And if nobody offers him a contract with a sizeable guaranteed wage (I assume you mean sizeable, as obviously he'll get some sort of guaranteed wage regardless)? Do you think he'd rather retire? Probably can't afford to wait until January for someone to change their minds.

Nah it was just pointing out that no one would accept a purely pay as you pay contract, as you say he would have to receive a guaranteed wage, even if he ends up on much less than he was at West Ham. 

Just now, Ossydave said:

Waste of time being positive about Brereton on here when the forum is full of people wanting him to fail because he wasn't their personal first choice signing. So much so I rarely even bother on here anymore.

People pay good money to watch their team hoping that the 7m striker plays rubbish because its more important to justify him not being their first choice signing? Right.

He’s had criticism for his performances has BB but I don’t think there’s ever been a player I’ve wanted too succeed as much at Rovers since Grabbi. I think all of us are dying for him too do well, the idea anyone wants a player too fail for their own club is nonsense.

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

Also Joe, don’t feel you have to respond to them all.

That's the key!

2 hours ago, unsall said:

Speaking to someone who was talking to Anthony Pilkington’s relation, said he really wanted to come to Rovers before signing for Wigan, and that Rovers said the reason they didn’t want to sign him,was a policy of not signing anyone over 30.

So this rumour re Downing could just very well be a rumour,also thought that TM said he’d like to bolster the squad with 2/3 mid twenty’s who could go straight into the side alongside his younger ones coming through from the u/23s. Looking forward to see what happens.

Sharpe in the LT has already confirmed Mowbray is talking to Downing.

Sad to say but usually when we get linked with something that most feel is underwhelming it usually has legs.

I think this one is a goer.

Just now, 47er said:

Might as well as have all our scouts in Middlesborough!

Be nice if it was Assombalonga on a season long loan we were really talking too he would be worth the wages, make a better right winger than Samuel 😅

46 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Nah it was just pointing out that no one would accept a purely pay as you pay contract, as you say he would have to receive a guaranteed wage, even if he ends up on much less than he was at West Ham. 

Sure. That's not what people mean when they say pay as you play deal though. They just mean it's very heavily weighted towards appearance bonuses and not very much in guaranteed wage. I'd be surprised if anyone is being literal enough when they say it to mean the player doesn't get a bean unless he plays. That's probably actually illegal anyway.

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

But theres no way that he would accept a contract without a guaranteed wage.

Obviously. It will be interesting see where he ends up 

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

And if nobody offers him a contract with a sizeable guaranteed wage (I assume you mean sizeable, as obviously he'll get some sort of guaranteed wage regardless)? Do you think he'd rather retire? Probably can't afford to wait until January for someone to change their minds.

Oh, he can afford it alright.

image.thumb.png.7007b8ff4ca8dcf6121071ea209ee8c5.png

37 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Oh, he can afford it alright.

image.thumb.png.7007b8ff4ca8dcf6121071ea209ee8c5.png

That's crazy...I didn't mean he'd be destitute though, just that with his injury troubles his stock would fall further by January. There'd be no point holding out for a better offer because he'd get a worse one.

Don't really want him anyway...partly because I consider him the most overrated player of his generation (or at least one of them). The info you posted there being a good indicator of it.

On 04/05/2019 at 16:46, Fraserkirky said:

Hope it’s that Vlap guy from Heerenveen, he looks like a skinny Dennis Bergkamp.

Jacob Murphy the guy from Newcastle that cant get a game, left winger. Ran us ragged in the cup game. Would like him

Looks like Jacob Murphy’s name has just came up on twitter. Mentioned him back on May 4th, he destroyed us in the replay at Ewood. Would fit in nice with Rothwell and Dack in the three behind. This one has legs.

Ticks all the right boxes in our scouting department too:

image.thumb.png.90aa0b4518f538232f810a6b410e5456.png

Seriously though, this will cost quite a bit wouldn't it? Transfermarkt does say he is out of contract at the end of June however, which would then not make me feel confident as he would have a whole heap of admirers.

Edited by JacknOry

47 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Looks like Jacob Murphy’s name has just came up on twitter. Mentioned him back on May 4th, he destroyed us in the replay at Ewood. Would fit in nice with Rothwell and Dack in the three behind. This one has legs.

Reliable account or just some random?

48 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Came up linked with us? There’s some reported itk posted something a few days ago but I can’t see much...

cracking player!