Jump to content
Neal

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t know anyone who plays with out and out wingers these days tbh.

A common myth. Look at last season. Benrahma, Canos and Watkins at Brentford. Hernandez and Buendia at Norwich. Harrison at Leeds. Barkhuizen at Preston. Murphy, Montero, Barnes and Phillips at WBA. Adomah, Green and El Ghazi at Villa. Wilson, Jozefzoon and Holmes at Derby. Lolley at Forest. Eliasson at Bristol City. James and Dyer at Swansea. Grosicki and Bowen at Hull. Ince and McLean at Stoke. Taylor at Rotherham. Maghoma at Birmingham. Osayi Samuel at QPR. Edwards at Ipswich. Ameobi at Bolton.

One or two of them may be wingers who play on their weaker side and cut in, but wingers are very much still effective. I also think from our current team, Armstrong is 100x more effective on the right playing as a winger than on the left repeatedly coming into traffic.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

 

One or two of them may be wingers who play on their weaker side and cut in, but wingers are very much still effective. I also think from our current team, Armstrong is 100x more effective on the right playing as a winger than on the left repeatedly coming into traffic.

 

Armstrong isn't a winger. A good winger can beat a man and cross a ball; Armstrong can't do either.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jim mk2 said:

Armstrong isn't a winger. A good winger can beat a man and cross a ball; Armstrong can't do either.  

No he's not Jim, but if he's going to have to play out wide I'd rather see him on the right than the left.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jim mk2 said:

Armstrong isn't a winger. A good winger can beat a man and cross a ball; Armstrong can't do either.  

That's categorically wrong, he's beaten plenty of full backs. Largely due to being faster than the vast majority of them. He doesn't do it with trickery, it's mostly kick and rush, but he absolutely can do it.

Not much of a crosser though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jim mk2 said:

Armstrong isn't a winger. A good winger can beat a man and cross a ball; Armstrong can't do either.  

Neither are Brereton, Samuel and one or two others, they aren't wide mids or wide strikers either but......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bluebruce said:

That's categorically wrong, he's beaten plenty of full backs. Largely due to being faster than the vast majority of them. He doesn't do it with trickery, it's mostly kick and rush, but he absolutely can do it.

Not much of a crosser though.

He plays the wide channels by getting behind defenders with his pace but I've never seen him beat a defender one-on-one. His final ball is usually poor. That's not a winger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jim mk2 said:

Armstrong isn't a winger. A good winger can beat a man and cross a ball; Armstrong can't do either.  

Hes not the best crosser but being on his natural side makes his game far simpler. Look at his assists v Ipswich, Brentford and QPR, bursts of acceleration followed by dangerous crosses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

He plays the wide channels by getting behind defenders with his pace but I've never seen him beat a defender one-on-one. His final ball is usually poor. That's not a winger

You must be watching a different Adam Armstrong then mate if you reckon you've never seen it, or you're grossly exaggerating.

No, he's not a winger. But let's not make things up.

Edited by bluebruce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bluebruce said:

But let's not make things up.

I've never seen Armstrong take on and beat a defender. No doubt someone will provide a link to him doing it but I've never seen it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jim mk2 said:

I've never seen Armstrong take on and beat a defender. No doubt someone will provide a link to him doing it but I've never seen it. 

Leeds at home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jim mk2 said:

I've never seen Armstrong take on and beat a defender. No doubt someone will provide a link to him doing it but I've never seen it. 

He was unplayable for a period of around 6 weeks. He ruined Brentford away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Armstrong isn't a winger. A good winger can beat a man and cross a ball; Armstrong can't do either.  

Agreed. Armstong has one decent game in 6. Personally not strong enough and his final ball is poor. Overrated player and would have chapman & Rothwell over him on the sides all season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Journalist on twitter saying Grosicki at Hull is on his way. £1.5m bid supposedly accepted.

Forest have been chasing him. Could be bollocks but at least it’s something.

05455124-AE34-42BE-A685-ED23DED9DB25.jpeg.56599d16e2b4d5c4282e033900ebcd5c.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoeHarvey said:

Journalist on twitter saying Grosicki at Hull is on his way. £1.5m bid supposedly accepted.

Forest have been chasing him. Could be bollocks but at least it’s something.

05455124-AE34-42BE-A685-ED23DED9DB25.jpeg.56599d16e2b4d5c4282e033900ebcd5c.jpeg

Don't know much about him. He any good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoeHarvey said:

Journalist on twitter saying Grosicki at Hull is on his way. £1.5m bid supposedly accepted.

Forest have been chasing him. Could be bollocks but at least it’s something.

 

Grosicki is 31 this week so he's (a bit) younger than Conway. Poland international with decent goalscoring record.

His wife/partner will be welcome at Ewood.

image.jpeg.4e2c85f65f80a2ae6688ad3e6f13f584.jpeg

Edited by jim mk2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Don't know much about him. He any good?

Not a clue. Likely bollocks. Even Alan Nixon won’t put his name to it.

All I know is Forest looking at him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoeHarvey said:

Journalist on twitter saying Grosicki at Hull is on his way. £1.5m bid supposedly accepted.

Forest have been chasing him. Could be bollocks but at least it’s something.

05455124-AE34-42BE-A685-ED23DED9DB25.jpeg.56599d16e2b4d5c4282e033900ebcd5c.jpeg

Can’t believe you’ve fell for one of them fake journo accounts, look at the rest of his tweets! Definitely fake, poor from you that Joe 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jim mk2 said:

 

Grosicki is 31 this week so he's (a bit) younger than Conway. Poland international with decent goalscoring record.

His wife/partner will be welcome at Ewood.

image.jpeg.4e2c85f65f80a2ae6688ad3e6f13f584.jpeg

You’ve just set a new rule... now we need wag pics of every transfer target to judge 😂

He looks a player but 31 and I swear Nicki said 2.5 million is what hull quoted Forest. Worried when he said forest had to sell and move wages on and being a PL signing for Hull his wages must be big?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Butty said:

Can’t believe you’ve fell for one of them fake journo accounts, look at the rest of his tweets! Definitely fake, poor from you that Joe 😂

so its fake news, damn i just wanted to get excited for something for more then a minute haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Butty said:

Can’t believe you’ve fell for one of them fake journo accounts, look at the rest of his tweets! Definitely fake, poor from you that Joe 😂

He hears a lot from his sauces!

(Bowery, not Joe)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeHarvey said:

Not a clue. Likely bollocks. Even Alan Nixon won’t put his name to it.

All I know is Forest looking at him.

 

If he signs for us I'd be gobsmacked.  He would be our best player by a mile, top quality and a polish international who plays now. On a massive premier league contract which is ended. I'd be very happy so we won't get him.

 

 

Edited by Sparks Rover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

 

If he signs for us I'd be gobsmacked.  He would be our best player by a mile, top quality and a polish international who plays now. On a massive premier league contract which is ended. I'd be very happy so we won't get him.

 

 

Well it’s a fake link so I wouldn’t get your hopes up! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we have to take a winger from Hull would much rather have Jarrod Bowen, however Grosicki is a good player, would be a good signing. Don’t think we need a left winger though.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Don’t think we need a left winger though.

We need as many wingers as we can get. Chapman the only true winger at the club now (not including youth team players) 

Rothwell better suited centrally, Bennett definitely not a winger and Conway gone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.