Jump to content
Neal

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

This is another one that keeps cropping up every transfer window. Is he any better than what we have?

He's not better than Travis or Evans when Evans is trying. Another " one for the future " although he's well past the novice stage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive not been paying complete attention to the transfer market but am I right in thinking a few weeks ago we were looking at young players who could add value with a team of people scouting Europe for gems. Now we’re after washed up championship campaigners. 

That seems to be something of a 180 degree turn.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, matt83 said:

Ive not been paying complete attention to the transfer market but am I right in thinking a few weeks ago we were looking at young players who could add value with a team of people scouting Europe for gems. Now we’re after washed up championship campaigners. 

That seems to be something of a 180 degree turn.  

Welcome to Steve and Tony's wonderful world of bullshit. It's not a new thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be more excited giving two of our youth players a chance in the squad than signing Whelan and Downing.

They will want decent wages for the last contracts of their careers, and I can't imagine they will give anything like the effort Craig Conway would have done this coming season.

Really disappointing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, matt83 said:

We’re like a young lad on the pull. Starts the night with lofty designs on drop dead gorgeous girls. But finishes the hunt at 2am in the kebab shop with some rotter.   

Which is fine but don’t bang on about the stunners when we all know it’s an anything will do job

Are you Ian Holloway?

☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, arbitro said:

Are you Ian Holloway?

☺️

Ha. Give me that barrel of tits any day.

The thing that irritates me the most about waggott propaganda is I foolishly take him at his word.

I would much prefer him say look we’re Blackburn Rovers not Barcelona, we’re £150 million in debt we need to cut our cloth accordingly and if that means signing has beens the wrong side of 35 like downing and Whelan then that’s our reality. If during our search we unearth an 18 year old Lionel messi then we’ll sign him. Where he would no doubt watch Elliott Bennett for a season from the bench. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Ive not been paying complete attention to the transfer market but am I right in thinking a few weeks ago we were looking at young players who could add value with a team of people scouting Europe for gems. Now we’re after washed up championship campaigners. 

That seems to be something of a 180 degree turn.  

I am thinking along the same lines. Both Mowbray and Waggot were ebullient prior to going to see the Indians but since their return it's almost like they are trying to dampen the false hope they gave to the supporters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Ive not been paying complete attention to the transfer market but am I right in thinking a few weeks ago we were looking at young players who could add value with a team of people scouting Europe for gems. Now we’re after washed up championship campaigners. 

That seems to be something of a 180 degree turn.  

No, the message was pretty clear (in his forum) from Mowbray that his target was to get into the top 6. He also stated that having bought potential last season, he was looking to add Championship experience and pick some gems up in the European market. All dependant on budget of course! 

Im still interested to know what that will play out to be. Waggott said it was similar to last season. That was fairly healthy.

What is laughable is the amount of people insisting on us having a good budget but won’t even put their hand in their pocket for a season ticket to support their beloved team!? 🤣🤣

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, arbitro said:

I am thinking along the same lines. Both Mowbray and Waggot were ebullient prior to going to see the Indians but since their return it's almost like they are trying to dampen the false hope they gave to the supporters.

That’s fair. Want to hear Mowbray first interview back. He’ll give more away than Waggott.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, matt83 said:

We’re like a young lad on the pull. Starts the night with lofty designs on drop dead gorgeous girls. But finishes the hunt at 2am in the kebab shop with some rotter.   

Which is fine but don’t bang on about the stunners when we all know it’s an anything will do job

Starting with the munters first this time then hoping things get better...

It's a new tactic, must've worked in smoggie land way back in the day.

Edited by tomphil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Nah it was nothing like that. Fairly cheap deal. Don't remember the reported fee but it was a lot less than that.

On 2 July 2007 he was reported to have signed for Rovers for an undisclosed fee, but it was reputed to be around £3 million and on a four-year contract.“We’ve been following him for some time after manager Mark Hughes identified him as a player he was interested in,” said Blackburn chairman John Williams on his capture.

http://boxtoboxfootball.uk/failure-launch-rapid-decline-maceo-rigters/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, matt83 said:

We’re like a young lad on the pull. Starts the night with lofty designs on drop dead gorgeous girls. But finishes the hunt at 2am in the kebab shop with some rotter.   

Which is fine but don’t bang on about the stunners when we all know it’s an anything will do job

Lol that's a great analogy. 

Downing is a beer goggles beauty. 

He clearly wants a stalwart in the dressing room that the players will respect, because of his pedigree. Whilst I understand the reasoning behind this choice, one could also perceive a different viewpoint. It could be implied that Mowbray feels his relationship with the team isn't strong enough without a Conway backing him in the dressing room. As opposed to buying a better connection to the team, surely he should work on his relationship building skills? 

Not suggesting that this is the case, but the interpretation has merit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, laughatthedingles said:

Strong rumours over in Rochdale are we are close to agreeing a fee for Callum Canps.

Good player, he'd be more than capable of making the step up. 

I can't see Rochdale letting him go cheap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Ha. Give me that barrel of tits any day.

The thing that irritates me the most about waggott propaganda is I foolishly take him at his word.

I would much prefer him say look we’re Blackburn Rovers not Barcelona, we’re £150 million in debt we need to cut our cloth accordingly and if that means signing has beens the wrong side of 35 like downing and Whelan then that’s our reality. If during our search we unearth an 18 year old Lionel messi then we’ll sign him. Where he would no doubt watch Elliott Bennett for a season from the bench. 

It was 2010 when Holloway came out with his barrel of boobs quip.

If he’d done it in 2019 he’d have been sacked as a direct result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Callum Camps just isn’t what we need. Don’t forget he played against us in 17/18 and looked bang average if not worse. He wouldn’t add to this squad, and isn’t young enough to improve dramatically at 23.

28 minutes ago, Dr X said:

Good player, he'd be more than capable of making the step up. 

I can't see Rochdale letting him go cheap. 

I don’t think he’d be capable at all. Looked average in League One.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Dr X said:

Good player, he'd be more than capable of making the step up. 

I can't see Rochdale letting him go cheap. 

Avoid, I’ve seen many a tweet like this about him. 

59BC37D3-D5A5-4435-81EE-E407ED367CE2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"And it is understood enquiries have also taken place about the availability of Republic of Ireland international Glenn Whelan, though he is set to join former club Stoke City."

Woohoo 🎉

There are literally 50 players from the Prem, Champ and L1 released on free transfers that we could be targeting that could add to this squad... yet we're here confirming the price tag of Maceo Rigters from the mid-2000's 😂

Love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gladwin has ditched the blonde and is looking like an older version of Dack with his new hair. How about we send him too Villa for 15 million and we keep the real Dack for ourselves? 😂

7D8D359B-FAFA-4B3B-9287-E1C7EB39FB49.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we are not going to sign any players from another European country we would say:

 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17692190.experience-could-take-priority-over-overseas-for-rovers/

If we are trying to deflect others' interest in continental players we are interested in we would say:

 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17692190.experience-could-take-priority-over-overseas-for-rovers/

Fans of course will write what we have been doing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Butty said:

Gladwin has ditched the blonde and is looking like an older version of Dack with his new hair. How about we send him too Villa for 15 million and we keep the real Dack for ourselves? 😂

7D8D359B-FAFA-4B3B-9287-E1C7EB39FB49.png

Looks right like Dack here, if only he played football as proficiently....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

No, the message was pretty clear (in his forum) from Mowbray that his target was to get into the top 6. He also stated that having bought potential last season, he was looking to add Championship experience and pick some gems up in the European market. All dependant on budget of course! 

Im still interested to know what that will play out to be. Waggott said it was similar to last season. That was fairly healthy.

What is laughable is the amount of people insisting on us having a good budget but won’t even put their hand in their pocket for a season ticket to support their beloved team!? 🤣🤣

 

Years of apathetic performances and general BS from those in charge has led to disenchantment from lots of fans (me included). Tell me, without quality signings to get me (and others) in through the door, Why should I renew a ST?  As opposed to cricket, concerts, rugby, travel that I could be doing instead... 

Without quality signings, how do you attract a further 1800 new ST holders?

Club put the money where their mouth is and I'll do the same. 

It's like buying an off plan apartment in Spain, the pictures look great but they're never built and you've forked out for nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.