BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Looking forward to hearing how much of a gamble Bauer is once he signs for the nobbers.

Not looking great for our recruitment strategy. Mowbray really needs to pull something out of the bag. “Hanging onto Dack and Lenihan” will not represent a good window.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Most managers meet with the owners to sign off the budget after the season has finished.

Most owners turn up to matches and talk to the manger daily. Most owners don't live in India. Most owners are actually interested.

I can't believe you are trying to make out Rovers is run like other clubs.

• Like 1

Mowbray flew out to India for a week on the 18th May according to the LT. He was there for a week, so returned back 6 weeks after the 2-1 win at Forest, and 3 weeks after the last game of the season. He mentioned prior to the meetings that he was unsure whether he would be getting another decent budget or if hed be looking at free transfers, and following the week in India he of course needed to find time for his own family holiday. 

I just feel like weve forfeited any potential head start we could have had by becoming the first team in the league mathematically certain of the division we was going to be in. It surely would have made most sense for them to have flown over straight after that Forest game.

I dont have a problem with face to face budget meetings, its the way the whole process is anything but proactive. Last summer Mowbray continiously bleated on and made excuses about why he couldnt sign players as early as he clearly wanted. The poor processes clearly spread across the club under Venkys, hence the delays in announcing everything from season tickets to kits.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

He said that about Armstrong last summer.

In fact the A,B & C list chat sounds scarily familiar.

Expect a panic buy some time in early August.

Well let’s hope the difference is that the players we sign this summer are from the A list and not the C. 

11 hours ago, Swanson said:

This guy? I guess he will never play for Arsenal's first team, maybe he wants to leave soon.

Yeah that's the lad, he looked quick, he sensed danger and reacted accordingly. He was neat and tidy on the ball but he knew when to stick and when to twist. I'd be over the moon if he signed for us. We've got to be a step up from Charlton.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

Most owners turn up to matches and talk to the manger daily. Most owners don't live in India. Most owners are actually interested.

I can't believe you are trying to make out Rovers is run like other clubs.

I said nothing of the sort. I said most managers meet with their bosses after the season has finished to finalise their budget...so the fact that TM has to do this is of little significance tbh.

2 hours ago, AJW said:

I suppose as most contracts run to and from 30th June most free agents will be announcing moves next week , maybe we already have 1 or 2 in the bag 

Yeah i'm pretty convinced Downing is a done deal...

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I said nothing of the sort. I said most managers meet with their bosses after the season has finished to finalise their budget...so the fact that TM has to do this is of little significance tbh.

He wasnt finalising his budget, before he went he didnt have the foggiest what budget he had.

The significance is the timing of it. There was no need to wait so long to do it and there was no need to fly to India to do it. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Playing catch up? We have been interested in Baeur since at least last January. 

Ya, it's more than likely not financial. Probably just thinks they are the better option. I mean, is anyone surprised? 

He probably will see them as a better option if they are making him a serious concrete offer of a deal right away whilst we prevaricate, delay, await approval and wait for staff to return from India or wherever.

Any real deal is better than a hypothetical future deal. Why wait for us to get round to it when others will want answers now?

23 minutes ago, Biz said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transfers/wettbewerb/GB2/plus/?saison_id=1919&s_w=&leihe=0&leihe=1&intern=0&intern=1

I’m not sure if this is up to date, but there must be a fair few clubs hamstrung by foreign owners agreeing budgets too late if transfers are anything to go by. 

How many of those clubs require their manager and executive staff to fly to the other side of the world before they can find out what the ambition is and what, if any, budget there is going to be

Just now, JHRover said:

How many of those clubs require their manager and executive staff to fly to the other side of the world before they can find out what the ambition is and what, if any, budget there is going to be

I’m not sure, but if 24 clubs have so far only mustered 4 transfers in total, it’s difficult for me to be too to “antsy” about our perceived hindrance in getting started.

Equally, who we are linked too is of little importance until they’re announced.

Most clubs tend to start pre-season at the end of June/July - I would anticipate the transfer market is going to hot up over the next fortnight.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Axe said:

By what accounts is he a greedy bastard. I know people who know him from Madeira and they paint a picture in which money was never a factor with him. He played two seasons on little more than board and lodgings to get a chance to move up to the Maritimo first team. Maritimo do not pay big wages but he never sought a move and made no attempt to leave until Charlton came in for him. Perhaps you could elucidate on how and when he became a well known greedy bastard.

Because he's now a free his agent expected us to pay him 40 - 50k a week because there's no fee... Mowbray's words. 50k a week for some league 1 centre half, who's 26 and never played in the championship. Him and his agent are a set of p*ss takers. For me, he can jog on. I know the game, his agent will be trying to get him the best deal but that is just sheer greed. 

23 minutes ago, Neal said:

Because he's now a free his agent expected us to pay him 40 - 50k a week because there's no fee... Mowbray's words. 50k a week for some league 1 centre half, who's 26 and never played in the championship. Him and his agent are a set of p*ss takers. For me, he can jog on. I know the game, his agent will be trying to get him the best deal but that is just sheer greed. 

He has played a bit in the Championship.

New Name: Chuks Aneke Free from MK Dons

Host of Championship teams want him.

Sensational goalscoring box to box midfielder. Believe we played him last year, and he was good if I remember rightly.

Edited by Fraserkirky

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He wasnt finalising his budget, before he went he didnt have the foggiest what budget he had.

The significance is the timing of it. There was no need to wait so long to do it and there was no need to fly to India to do it. 

He was finalising his budget. They scouted targets A to D or whatever and then sit down with the owners after the season to agree on their final budget and the level of expectation.

It’s absolutely standard that it is done at this time, face to face and will have happened in clubs up and down the country. Especially when you’re asking for 8 figure cash injections!!!?

The only difference here is that our owners live in India. But the constant whining of some on here about ‘missing the boat’ is a bit weird when you consider there’s been like four signings (total) in the championship so far this summer. 

Another baffling part of this discussion is when people on here forget that players, managers, agents, scouts, chief execs etc all have mobile phones and will have been chatting for weeks about transfers (during the season, afterwards, on holiday, before meeting owners, afterwards) ?

Moreover, we don’t even fully know who the targets are yet so how do we know who / if anyone we’ve missed? ??

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1