BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

5 hours ago, Neal said:

Because he's now a free his agent expected us to pay him 40 - 50k a week because there's no fee... Mowbray's words. 50k a week for some league 1 centre half, who's 26 and never played in the championship. Him and his agent are a set of p*ss takers. For me, he can jog on. I know the game, his agent will be trying to get him the best deal but that is just sheer greed. 

Mowbray's words to Rich Sharpe. No to a fan. However it does not matter because even if Mowbray did say this I don't believe it. Someone on here has already explained the situation. Bauer is probably on about seven grand a week. His agent probably was looking for double. If his agent was asking for 40 to 50 then it means only one thing. The player has no interest in coming to the club. People believe what they want to believe. As far as I know Bauer has had the same German agent throughout his career and there is nothing to suggest that any move he has made was based on anything other than improving his career. Obviously his agent will be factoring in the saving in transfer fee but if the player is rated at £750,000 and the contract was for three years that would only come to £5,000 a week. But like I say people believe what they want to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Axe said:

Mowbray's words to Rich Sharpe. No to a fan. However it does not matter because even if Mowbray did say this I don't believe it. Someone on here has already explained the situation. Bauer is probably on about seven grand a week. His agent probably was looking for double. If his agent was asking for 40 to 50 then it means only one thing. The player has no interest in coming to the club. People believe what they want to believe. As far as I know Bauer has had the same German agent throughout his career and there is nothing to suggest that any move he has made was based on anything other than improving his career. Obviously his agent will be factoring in the saving in transfer fee but if the player is rated at £750,000 and the contract was for three years that would only come to £5,000 a week. But like I say people believe what they want to.

These are his exact words to a fan that I know on here. Choose not to believe it if you wish. 

4 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

New Name: Chuks Aneke Free from MK Dons

Host of Championship teams want him.

Sensational goalscoring box to box midfielder. Believe we played him last year, and he was good if I remember rightly.

He's a striker iirc, big target man who started at Arsenal. 

7 hours ago, Neal said:

Because he's now a free his agent expected us to pay him 40 - 50k a week because there's no fee... Mowbray's words. 50k a week for some league 1 centre half, who's 26 and never played in the championship. Him and his agent are a set of p*ss takers. For me, he can jog on. I know the game, his agent will be trying to get him the best deal but that is just sheer greed. 

Mowbray also claims that Middlesbrough and Stoke are huge clubs and that Bristol City sell out their stadium every week. He's got form for grossly exaggerating things.

Whether Bauer wants 50k a week or not he isn't going to get it. 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

He's a striker iirc, big target man who started at Arsenal. 

Can play CM, or anywhere across the front three. Big powerful runner - got 19 goals last season. Hull and Wigan interested apparently. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Axe said:

Which means if TM said that it's either him or the agent ripping the piss, one for greed or the other to throw us off the scent because he has lesser more underwhelming targets in mind or non at all.

Just now, Neal said:

Never understand why Mowbray shows his cards and comes out with comments about players not being our number 1 target. Surely best saying nothing. 

He doesn't seem to be able to say nothing where the media is concerned. If Hanley did come then the speculation would be he wasn't our main target.

11 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Can play CM, or anywhere across the front three. Big powerful runner - got 19 goals last season. Hull and Wigan interested apparently. 

Certainly looks a big powerful unit with quite a bit of skill. Have we actually been linked with him? 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Certainly looks a big powerful unit with quite a bit of skill. Have we actually been linked with him? 

No but we should be in my opinion. On a free, plenty of other Championship clubs looking at him. 

Has the Drogba about him.

Edited by JacknOry

Just now, JacknOry said:

No but we should be in my opinion. On a free, plenty of other Championship clubs looking at him. 

Has the Drogba about him.

He might wear baseball caps and all that other modern stuff those young 'uns wear. Tony won't be keen. 

Edited by blueboy3333

2 hours ago, The Axe said:

Mowbray literally said £40/50,000 to fans after the last consultation meeting. 

A brief interlude - right you young hep gunslingers, whats that choon they play at Rovers on match days ? Something with 'place' in the lyrics maybe, female vocalist, bit of a toe-tapper with one of those disco beats? Genuine question. Cheers. 

Edited by blueboy3333

Ben Whiteman sounds like he's leaving Doncaster, ourselves and Preston said to be interested. All their fans on the forum seem convinced he's off, one even said they saw a moving van outside his house. Decent player and they all seem gutted he's going.

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

Ben Whiteman sounds like he's leaving Doncaster, ourselves and Preston said to be interested. All their fans on the forum seem convinced he's off, one even said they saw a moving van outside his house. Decent player and they all seem gutted he's going.

He was fans player of the season and also the managers .....Let me try find out

Edited by Sparks Rover

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

He probably will see them as a better option if they are making him a serious concrete offer of a deal right away whilst we prevaricate, delay, await approval and wait for staff to return from India or wherever.

Any real deal is better than a hypothetical future deal. Why wait for us to get round to it when others will want answers now?

All speculation.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

If PNE get Bauer and Whiteman this forum would have a meltdown

Seems unlikely. What constitutes a meltdown, anyway? People being frustrated that we haven’t signed a player we’ve been keen on for ages, whatever next?

We’ve had a long standing interest in Bauer that is fairly widely known, but the Whiteman thing has only been something seen on here....

• Like 2

If PNE get Bauer and Whiteman this forum would have a meltdown

Two League 1 players at the end of the day - doubt it would be meltdown.

Meltdown would be if we sold them Dack and Graham for a combined fee of 500k. 

• Like 1