BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

12 hours ago, Biz said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transfers/wettbewerb/GB2/plus/?saison_id=1919&s_w=&leihe=0&leihe=1&intern=0&intern=1

I’m not sure if this is up to date, but there must be a fair few clubs hamstrung by foreign owners agreeing budgets too late if transfers are anything to go by. 

Oh wow. I genuinely believed all the hype about us "lagging behind" because I'd just assumed others had done research like this prior to repeating the same claim over and over again.

Serves me right I suppose. Here's to hoping we don't move first in the window because that will make some people look silly.

Just now, K-Hod said:

Seems unlikely. What constitutes a meltdown, anyway? People being frustrated that we haven’t signed a player we’ve been keen on for ages, whatever next?

We’ve had a long standing interest in Bauer that is fairly widely known, but the Whiteman thing has only been something seen on here....

I think if our interest in Bauer is real and he chooses to go to PNE I'd be starting to worry about the type of player we can attract. If we can't beat them to a league 1 defender then we really have fallen by the wayside in peoples opinions.

PNE are in no way a more attractive club than us, or so you would assume. Can they pay more than us? I'd like to think not.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

I think if our interest in Bauer is real and he chooses to go to PNE I'd be starting to worry about the type of player we can attract. If we can't beat them to a league 1 defender then we really have fallen by the wayside in peoples opinions.

PNE are in no way a more attractive club than us, or so you would assume. Can they pay more than us? I'd like to think not.

Yup, doubtful they pay more and then you have to consider facilities and everything else. 

As someone else pointed out, it might not necessarily mean he would have chosen them over us as we could have just likely decided against him (hopefully with someone with more pedigree in our sights).

• Like 1

Just now, Butty said:

Wonder who’s coming back. Fielding or Hanley? 

1851A76F-40FF-4556-9DA9-8935A8A25384.png

Stuart Metcalfe left and came back.

Bowyer signed an old boy around the time Judge came back. Marrow?

13 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Seems unlikely. What constitutes a meltdown, anyway? People being frustrated that we haven’t signed a player we’ve been keen on for ages, whatever next?

We’ve had a long standing interest in Bauer that is fairly widely known, but the Whiteman thing has only been something seen on here....

There would be a general meltdown if PNE “beat us” to two players. Not that I think they will have necessarily “beaten” us to it at all.

Just now, RoverKyle said:

I remember him playing in the cup game against Carlisle. Completely overshadowed by our other new boy at the time... Tom Cairney.

Started in the previous league game away at Derby, I believe. Didn't do too badly either.

Then again, that was the only time I remember Leon Best scoring for Rovers (at least when he wasn't playing for Charlton) so there might've been something in the air causing otherwise bang average players to do well that day. 

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

A brief interlude - right you young hep gunslingers, whats that choon they play at Rovers on match days ? Something with 'place' in the lyrics maybe, female vocalist, bit of a toe-tapper with one of those disco beats? Genuine question. Cheers. 

Not so much a young-un, but I do know the answer thanks to my Dj-ing. It's Places by Martin Solvieg and Ina Wroldsen I think you're on about. I love this tune!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJlOmDWyoA8

Edited by windymiller7
Typo
  • Like 1

Just now, Admiral Nelsen said:

Started in the previous league game away at Derby, I believe. Didn't do too badly either.

Then again, that was the only time I remember Leon Best scoring for Rovers (at least when he wasn't playing for Charlton) so there might've been something in the air causing otherwise bang average players to do well that day. 

I seem to remember he gave away a penalty with a needless handball.

No chance of Hanley at this early stage. IF we bring him in it will be late on in the window once we've haggled and Norwich have weighed up their options. It will be Bunn or Fielding, if its anyone.