BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Waggy76 said:

That's been common knowledge for a few months ....

I here Hanley is returning to Rovers , don't get much info now but see what happens ..

Fingers crossed. 

Just now, Waggy76 said:

That's been common knowledge for a few months ....

I here Hanley is returning to Rovers , don't get much info now but see what happens ..

No really, there was talk he was staying after Charlton got promoted. He's only just officially announced he's leaving. 

Edited by blueboy3333

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

No really, there was talk he was staying after Charlton got promoted. He's only just officially announced he's leaving. 

That talk went quiet about a week after there promotion and he was being linked too numerous championship clubs, regardless of whether they went up or didn’t he was always going too go in my opinion. From the minute he refused to sign that new deal at the start of this season just gone, he was going. 

If we were chasing Bauer and we've lost out to PNE then it's pretty poor from us. We've obviously been chasing him for a while, its whether we gave up and moved on or not.

I'd be happy if Hanley returned. Just the type of uncompromising centre back we need. 

• Like 2

I'd say it's pretty poor all round if we're still after Bauer now into our 3rd window (at least) of trying to get him. After all he's spent all of that time playing for a League One side on poor wages. This the same Charlton that nearly lost their promotion winning manager through a refusal to pay him the going rate.

Just now, davulsukur said:

If we were chasing Bauer and we've lost out to PNE then it's pretty poor from us. We've obviously been chasing him for a while, its whether we gave up and moved on or not.

I'd be happy if Hanley returned. Just the type of uncompromising centre back we need. 

From the little I've seen of him Bauer is definitely "uncompromising"! Solid unit.

However I would prefer Hanley as a player.

Let's not forget though that Bauer would be our player and Hanley would be on loan. Something worth thinking about......

19 minutes ago, 47er said:

From the little I've seen of him Bauer is definitely "uncompromising"! Solid unit.

However I would prefer Hanley as a player.

Let's not forget though that Bauer would be our player and Hanley would be on loan. Something worth thinking about......

2 ways of looking at that, we know Hanley can perform at this level, Bauer could be turd and then stuck on the wage bill. 

• Like 1

Just now, Neal said:

2 ways of looking at that, we know Hanley can perform at this level, Bauer could be turd and then stuck on the wage bill. 

Exactly you know what your getting with Hanley, and it just so happens his best attributes are the ones we crying out for.

7 hours ago, Neal said:

On the flipside it's a while since Hanley played for us and he played 9 times last season. He always had issues with staying in shape when he was here, but that was mainly due to him liking a night on the town I think. Admittedly I've no idea if he's knocked that on the head a bit now he's a bit older.

4 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

On the flipside it's a while since Hanley played for us and he played 9 times last season. He always had issues with staying in shape when he was here, but that was mainly due to him liking a night on the town I think. Admittedly I've no idea if he's knocked that on the head a bit now he's a bit older.

I see what you're saying. I know people who run in the same circles as him, loves a beer. 

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

I'd say it's pretty poor all round if we're still after Bauer now into our 3rd window (at least) of trying to get him. After all he's spent all of that time playing for a League One side on poor wages. This the same Charlton that nearly lost their promotion winning manager through a refusal to pay him the going rate.

It’s not poor at all, Rovers tried to sign him twice in 2 different windows, the lad was desperate to come, but the club, said he wasn’t going anywhere until the end of his contract, quite within their rights as he ended up getting them promoted.

As TM then said, his agent thought,if no one is paying a fee we will bang his his wages up to silly money, can’t blame Rovers, but I can’t see Preston paying more than us, so if he does end up there it could be for a different reason, looks like we’ll soon find out with the player making that statement yesterday,

Bauer signs for Preston. One thing is for sure you can guarantee that he isn't on 40-50K a week there. Rather embarrassing for the club to pursue a  player for about a year and he ends up going to Preston. 

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2