BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, rigger said:

I refer to my earlier opinion. It is only embarrassing if he turns out to be a good un. It may be that we have chased him for a year with a value for money figure in mind. Preston may have offered a larger figure. If he is out of our value for money range you pull out of the deal. I don't see any embarrassment in that. 

If he is out of our value for money range then why chase after him for a year. And if he doesn't turn out to be any good you would have to ask why did we spend a year chasing after him.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

It is what it is, he drew more attention on himself after scoring the goal in the play off final, so had more options. He chose Preston. Very possibly the incorrect choice. 

Yeah, until Alex Neill saw him scoring a goal on the telly he'd never heard of him :rolleyes:

And yesterday you were saying PNE were a more attractive option so in your mind it must surely be the correct decision.

Not even Houdini could get out of the knots you've tied yourself up in, and not because he's dead.  

• Like 1

Just now, rigger said:

The fact is you are only chasing players when the transfer windows are open.

There was a transfer window 12 months ago we couldn't get him in. And I'm pretty sure you can have discussions with clubs outside of transfer windows. It's truly bizarre you don't know that. 

• Like 1

Disappointing to see 2 players who could have improved our defence, both on free transfers, go to clubs we need to be aiming to be ahead of in the last 24 hours.

Of course, it all depends on who Mowbray brings in, hopefully we will bring in someone better. Do i have much hope that Mowbray can bring in a really good defender? Based on his neglect of that area since he joined, not sure at all.

• Like 1

It is what it is, he drew more attention on himself after scoring the goal in the play off final, so had more options. He chose Preston. Very possibly the incorrect choice. 

Not every manager signs a player after seeing him have one good performance.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

There was a transfer window 12 months ago we couldn't get him in. And I'm pretty sure you can have discussions with clubs outside of transfer windows. It's truly bizarre you don't know that. 

I don't think you can discuss with players or their agents outside the windows. I maybe wrong, bizarrely, I am not certain. 

4 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Sharpe also backtracking from his article the other day where he said we're looking at Bauer and a younger CB. Now essentially calling him just a Downing replacement.

Your local reporter just follows ‘the party line’ then, just like ours does at the LEP.

I really doubt Tony Mowbray chased Bauer for 12 months to replace someone who played 3 times in the league for you last season.

Clubs miss out on players all the time, it happens. We missed out on Armstrong to Rovers last summer when we thought we had him. Don’t see why reporters and clubs try to deny it.

As for game time, he may not immediately walk into the side but he’ll be much better competition for Jordan Storey than Huntington who is in decline and Clarke who is injury prone. We need Bauer’s experience whilst Storey develops.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

No idea. But as his contract at Charlton expires who will have been speaking to him or meeting with him recently to try and get a deal done?

Mowbray was talking to his agent months ago, so not a case of being behind the curve here contrary to the narrative some are maintaining. 

In the last few weeks, Waggott perhaps? Mowbray via Skype or any other video conferencing application. 

Just now, rigger said:

I would put it down to negotiation

With Mowbray, Waggott, Cheston and Silvestre in India trying to find out what the plan is and what (if any) money was being made available, who will have being doing the negotiations and when will those have been happening?

Seems more likely to me that Alex Neil sorted his budget some time ago, had his holiday at the end of the season, and has since returned and got down to the serious business of making signings to bed in as quickly as possible.

We are weeks behind as usual. Time people accepted that. Its sometimes the simple things that make the big difference.

Just now, rigger said:

I don't think you can discuss with players or their agents outside the windows. I maybe wrong, bizarrely, I am not certain. 

As Bauer was out of contract we could have spoken to him or his representatives from January. We could even have signed a pre contract agreement with him.

• Like 2

Just now, K-Hod said:

Yet the other day you said that PNE were a better option than us......:rover:

I said I can understand why a player might think that

I then said he "possibly" made the wrong choice. Time will tell. 

I don't see the contradiction 

Man, you don't do the "smart ass" posts very well :)

Mowbray was talking to his agent months ago, so not a case of being behind the curve here contrary to the narrative some are maintaining. 

In the last few weeks, Waggott perhaps? Mowbray via Skype or any other video conferencing application. 

Waggott was in India, before then he and Mowbray didn't have a budget to work to. Since then Mowbray and possibly also Waggott have been on annual leave which they are perfectly entitled to. 

Just now, JHRover said:

With Mowbray, Waggott, Cheston and Silvestre in India trying to find out what the plan is and what (if any) money was being made available, who will have being doing the negotiations and when will those have been happening?

Seems more likely to me that Alex Neil sorted his budget some time ago, had his holiday at the end of the season, and has since returned and got down to the serious business of making signings to bed in as quickly as possible.

We are weeks behind as usual. Time people accepted that. Its sometimes the simple things that make the big difference.

Are these substantiated facts, or your opinion

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Not every manager signs a player after seeing him have one good performance.

Well according to reports around 8 more clubs showed an interest in him after this. So whether they went off this game , or it led them to look into him more, scoring the goal raised his profile. 

Just now, JHRover said:

Waggott was in India, before then he and Mowbray didn't have a budget to work to. Since then Mowbray and possibly also Waggott have been on annual leave which they are perfectly entitled to. 

There was budget left over from January and last summer. I am sure that would have covered the wages. 

As I said, there doesn't always need to be a scapegoat. The guy just picked another club. 

Just now, arbitro said:

As Bauer was out of contract we could have spoken to him or his representatives from January. We could even have signed a pre contract agreement with him.

I am not disputing any of this. What I am saying is maybe he wanted more than we where willing to give ?

• Like 1

Well according to reports around 8 more clubs showed an interest in him after this. So whether they went off this game , or it led them to look into him more, scoring the goal raised his profile. 

You really think all these clubs became interested in a centre back (who's primary job is to stop goals) because he scored a tap in?

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Do you not think it's a bit embarrassing that we have failed to sign a player we've clearly been after for a year? Only for PNE to steal a march and sign him?

Remember, there's been no announcement from us that we were 'pulling out of the race to sign him' for example.

When and why would we make such an announcement? Seriously. That's a crazy suggestion 

• Like 1

Just now, rigger said:

I am not disputing any of this. What I am saying is maybe he wanted more than we where willing to give ?

How can PNE offer him more than us? How can we lose 10 million a year more than them if so?