Neal

Summer Transfer Window 2019

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Ok, I've found out that it's not Tony, the guy that is doing the deals is a proper prick apparently.  Not easy to deal with and probably the reason we struggle to sign anyone.

Please elaborate

Just now, Butty said:

Might be out of his hands, the chicken farmers may have turned the money tap off again. Lets see where we are come the start of August. 

Then come out and say you're working with one arm behind your back.

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Christ above. Imagine we sold him & didn't replace? Nah Tony wouldn't let that happen would he?👀

I would look at it another way , if I was a blade I would be wanting someone a lot better than Lenihan ...Cos they are going to do a lot of defending next season ..and will be scoring a goal every Preston guild ..

Edited by Waggy76

4 minutes ago, Traviscon said:

Then come out and say you're working with one arm behind your back.

At a time when the club are trying too shift season tickets the last thing they’d allow is for Mowbray too come out and say, “sorry lads they’ve turned the money tap off, just a few frees and a couple of loans for us this summer”... I hope he’s got money too spend but with our owners who bloody knows. Like I said, see where we are come August but I’m not hopeful. 

26 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

I hope the loan signing is better than him from Chelsea , who ended up at Bristol City .

One good 5 minutes every 4 games ...

I'm hanging my hat on one as good as Reed but a centre half......

Still have the obstacle of him actually starting regularly in his position though if we find one, the vibe again very much seems to have switched back to back up stock !

1 hour ago, tugay5 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7159937/Dack-keen-leave-Blackburn-summer-amid-Sheffield-United-Aston-Villa.html

Can’t see sheff Utd throwing the money required for dack but wouldn’t rule villa out 

AAK was saying that surprisingly they have a good hit rate for Rovers too. Gulp.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

The difference is that one group want us to strive for success and question when we look as though we are settling for mediocrity.

The other just defend mediocrity like it in some way makes them better supporters.

The interesting bit at the moment is when Mowbray says one thing and does another but is still defended.

Right now we have a weaker squad than the one that finished the season. I just hope our signings this Summer aren’t made out of desperation and that we can look back at Bauer and laugh. (Just not at Mowbray for scouting him of course).

Bullshit.

what you actually have is one group of people who can see the negative in every little thing. They often react instinctively, like children and cannot control their constant whining.

Whilst the other group look for the positives in everything. They blindly believe the best in every scenario and often wrongly rationalise every decision down to the best possible outcome. They’re annoyingly happy, all the time.

i know which camp I sit in and quite frankly, knowing I can’t effect the situation, I’m delighted to be in the happy camp. I can’t imagine how sad I’d feel to be cynical and bitter all the time. Having said that I’m also acutely aware that this is annoying. But I’m as arsed about upsetting you all as you are about spreading your negativity!

But PLEASE don’t try to take some high ground about ‘wanting to strive for success though’. That’s Ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Ok, I've found out that it's not Tony, the guy that is doing the deals is a proper prick apparently.  Not easy to deal with and probably the reason we struggle to sign anyone.

Kind of makes sense to me. Waggot avtually looks like a bit of a bell end. I’ll have that

These things are coming down to personality in a lot of cases. Neil is fresh, vibrant and talks young lads language.  Tony was the same when Ravenelli was around. 

I like Tony but I fear his lack of ideas might be holding us back 

A level headed Nobber who's a bit close to the inner circle there tells me the player was aware all along of Blackburns interest but never got to the point of speaking to our manager despite expecting too so there wasn't any choosing to be done between Rovers and PNE.

Take it as it is just someone telling someone what they've heard but if that is the case Mowbray can't be blamed for failing in his pitch although being linked all that time but never making a move when he's a free agent is odd.

I think I remember the article re: paper hit rates that AAK was referring to, and the Mail hit rate for Rovers (while astonishingly good compared to average) was still around 35-40%, so less than half.

Unless someone manages to find it and makes me look a complete arse.

Edited by Mike E