BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Personally there is no way I want to know Rovers' budget and the less I know about our targets until they sign their contract with Rovers the better too.

The same goes for all of you if you are really honest with yourselves. 

• Like 4

Media Mowbray saying pretty much the same as what I said, we need a spine. Just hope the 5th signing he alludes to is a left back. What media Mowbray says and what manager Mowbray does though... 

Edited by Neal

30 minutes ago, arbitro said:

You saved me a copy and paste job?.

What hope is there for the future when the manager comes out with that particularly about selling players on. I'm beginning to think the India trip was a one sided affair with Mowbray being told what his brief is.

We won't get an loans from PL clubs until after the transfer window because they will be away with their clubs.

I'm getting a bit fed up with the whole situation.

The EFL have changed their transfer window in line with the PL. The deadline for Championship Clubs for all incoming permanent and loan registrations will close at 5 pm on Thursday 8 August 2019.

Free agents can be signed by a club at any time during the season, if they had been released by their previous club before the end of the transfer window.

Quote 'and some players that we might look to buy, polish them up, and then sell on', after converting them to defensive midfielders or wide strikers

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Fielding Hanley , some c/b we've never heard of Morrison and Gallagher would be my guess , with all the budget (whatever it may be ) spunk end on Gally

a couple of fringe / u23's will leave that will free up a bit of wages for Downing at the end of window , probably deadline day just to keep us interested 

Edited by AJW

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

*Also, where does Downing the winger fit into the spine of the team? 

If Downing signs I don't think he will play out wide, Mowbray will put him in centre midfield to add some "guile" to the side.

Probably alongside Evans. ?

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Neal said:

Media Mowbray saying pretty much the same as what I said, we need a spine. 

Mowbray hasn't said anything about the spine, that's Sharpe's interpretation of what we need. He wrote the same article about Mowbray wanting a new spine a month or so ago.

Sharpe did exactly the same last preseason when he named all the positions Mowbray wanted to sign players for. Those signings never happened. 

• Like 1

I completely missed that the deadline for loans is the same for permanent signings. I think the loan pool will be a lot smaller this time as most PL clubs will be on tour or playing tournaments and will probably want to run the rule over their youngsters. And perhaps the biggest source of loans will be reluctant to send any to us after Palmer didn't get too much game time before he was sent back.

15 hours ago, briansol said:

Big yes from me.  Big, strong and commanding. Very good championship quality and knows the club. Not sure how much better we can do given our status.

He might be similar to Lenighan, but that's what we need. Our downfall occured when Lenighan was injured and we need at least one more centre back with strength. 

15 hours ago, AJW said:

£6m is far too much imo , about half that would be OK for me , certainly no more than 4 but I think the original link had us taking him on loan , which would be perfect  as another poster said he is a similar player player Lenighan so maybe the recent links are as his replacement , which for me means we still need another C/b 

talking hypothetically , if we were to get £8m for Lenighan , took Hanley on loan Bidwell or Martin Olsson on a free and Got Jake Cooper for anything less than £6m , that would represent great business

Lads, Lenihan. No g. 

I would say there is no chance we could sign Hanley for less than £6 million. Talk of £3-4 million is pie in the sky. He is a top Championship defender and in the prime of his career. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

53 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

If Downing signs I don't think he will play out wide, Mowbray will put him in centre midfield to add some "guile" to the side.

Probably alongside Evans. ?

At the expense of Travis who'll then drop behind Smallwood in the famous pecking order !

Slowest midfield in the history of the game if that occurred.

Just now, tomphil said:

At the expense of Travis who'll then drop behind Smallwood in the famous pecking order !

Slowest midfield in the history of the game if that occurred.

I would say there is 0% chance Travis won't start the first game if fit. 

Smallwood won't even be here 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17720505.rovers-want-up-to-five-signings-and-to-keep-star-men/

Tony changing position again he has previously said he wanted players to improve the starting 11, then he talked of exploring overseas markets, he's also spoke about matching the Brereton fee and now we are on to loans and frees who might make an impact. It's clear he doesn't really know what he wants which is why we have such a scatter gun approach in the market and why as we saw with last summers signings most end up playing out of position.

Also if he thinks we only need 5 players then he is deluding himself. We need 4 defenders and a new goalkeeper for starters and that is before we even get on to the midfield and attackers.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

You saved me a copy and paste job?.

What hope is there for the future when the manager comes out with that particularly about selling players on. I'm beginning to think the India trip was a one sided affair with Mowbray being told what his brief is.

We won't get an loans from PL clubs until after the transfer window because they will be away with their clubs.

I'm getting a bit fed up with the whole situation.

Again I know I keep saying this but I reckon it's the plan THEY pitch to the owners, we won't spend loads of your money, we'll try and find cheapies to get games and value into, we'll keep blooding youth.  We'll keep faith in the ones you are already paying generously and somewhere along the line there'll be a big sale or two to cover things whilst we bubble along nicely.

We'd prefer to add short term old heads to help this along (jobs for the boys)  and if you want to invest we'll find another young player who top clubs are allegedly sniffing around and nick them now for our bench so that when they blossom they do it here and are worth billions.

No undue pressure or expectations a nice comfort zone that might flatter to deceive and hover round the play offs briefly to keep them interested.

• Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would say there is 0% chance Travis won't start the first game if fit. 

Smallwood won't even be here 

Nah mate if he gets in Downing he'll be looking to shoehorn him into some daft system like he did Whittingham.

If not then yep it'll be between the trio of Travis, Evans and Smallwood again, if you think Ritchie won't be here you need to think again I reckon.

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17720505.rovers-want-up-to-five-signings-and-to-keep-star-men/

Tony changing position again he has previously said he wanted players to improve the starting 11, then he talked of exploring overseas markets, he's also spoke about matching the Brereton fee and now we are on to loans and frees who might make an impact. It's clear he doesn't really know what he wants which is why we have such a scatter gun approach in the market and why as we saw with last summers signings most end up playing out of position.

Also if he thinks we only need 5 players then he is deluding himself. We need 4 defenders and a new goalkeeper for starters and that is before we even get on to the midfield and attackers.  

4 defenders and a goalkeeper? Plus midfielders and attackers? So basically a new team? So what you talking, 9-10? 

He said we might sign loans, frees , or players for fees, yet you focus on the loans and frees part. Did you not think we would sign any loans or frees?  So, you were thinking 9-10 players for fees? 

Wow, no wonder you are ending up disappointed  :) 

I am half pulling your leg, the "might have players to make an impact" comment is worrying. 

• Like 2

Where has this Jake Cooper talk come from? Not seen anything about him being linked, apart from someone mentioning him on here as someone 'we should' be targeting. Don't make him the next Marcus Maddison please. You're only going to get everyone riled up when we inevitably don't sign him. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Mowbray hasn't said anything about the spine, that's Sharpe's interpretation of what we need. He wrote the same article about Mowbray wanting a new spine a month or so ago.

Sharpe did exactly the same last preseason when he named all the positions Mowbray wanted to sign players for. Those signings never happened. 

Perhaps. Over time though he has mentioned strengthening each of these positions though... 

Just now, RoverKyle said:

Where has this Jake Cooper talk come from? Not seen anything about him being linked, apart from someone mentioning him on here as someone 'we should' be targeting. Don't make him the next Marcus Maddison please. You're only going to get everyone riled up when we inevitably don't sign him. 

Came from a conversation a fan on here had with Mowbray after the last fans Q&A. He suggested Cooper and Mowbray said it would be one that would interest him... Or words to that effect. 

Edited by Neal

17 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

It's fine mate, I think he's ñgood, Benitez must have thought he was good and the same with Farker.  You don't, the Scotland manager doesn't etc.....All about opinions.?️‍♀️

Mulgrew is the current Scotland captain, but many Rovers fans don't think he's good enough. When was the last time Hanley was even called up?

Just now, Torgeir said:

Mulgrew is the current Scotland captain, but many Rovers fans don't think he's good enough. When was the last time Hanley was even called up?

The stats don't lie on Mulgrew I'm afraid. 

• Like 1

Just now, Torgeir said:

It's not about thinking in Mulgrews case my friend it's about seeing and last season defensively in the Championship he wasn't good enough for certain periods, similar to last time in this division.  He's an odd one is Mulgrew because he's clearly a very good intelligent football player but the guy is far too lax at times in the bread and butter of it all, his goals were very welcome but covered over a lot of flaws.

Edited by tomphil