Jump to content
Neal

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Recommended Posts

I see we still havent had any suggestions as to who the young talented managers are who can come in and better!

I appreciate it its an obscure forum but if its discussionable then lets have the discussion. Truth is, there are NO young decent managers out there who would be able to make a mark at Ewood Park. We tried it with Ince, Berg and Appleton and they ALL failed miserably.

There is so much good about the club in comparison to the last 7 years, love or hate venkys, they have to be acknowledged for allowing the Academy to flourish after initial abysmal raping of the clubs finances and gross mismanagement within the club. Its now time to be a bit more positive about the club if we can.

6 weeks to get ready for Charlton. I am sure TM and co will have the players he wants at the club.

 

BRFC get behind the club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AAK said:

Oh yes thats right, started one game here in half a season, did absolutley fantastic didnt he?

So its either he started one game because at the time he was poor or because the manager got it wrong, and played his trusted, magnificent and reliable bennett, smallwood amd evans in midfield. So which one is it? Its either one or the other, and you wont like either, so would love to know?

What are you gibbering on about? It was the usual stuff of him "not being good enough" on here, before he even played for us, or didn't play as was mostly the case. It happens with practically everyone we are linked with or sign. 

The line was why is Mowbray signing this guy? Well we were in league 1 and a season later he is being linked with two of the biggest clubs in Europe. The move didn't work out here for various reasons, but it just shows that he was a good find. The couch scouts who don't even watch players before writing them off crack me up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 1864roverite said:

I see we still havent had any suggestions as to who the young talented managers are who can come in and better!

I appreciate it its an obscure forum but if its discussionable then lets have the discussion. Truth is, there are NO young decent managers out there who would be able to make a mark at Ewood Park. We tried it with Ince, Berg and Appleton and they ALL failed miserably.

There is so much good about the club in comparison to the last 7 years, love or hate venkys, they have to be acknowledged for allowing the Academy to flourish after initial abysmal raping of the clubs finances and gross mismanagement within the club. Its now time to be a bit more positive about the club if we can.

6 weeks to get ready for Charlton. I am sure TM and co will have the players he wants at the club.

 

BRFC get behind the club

Fans want us to get the Eddie Howes before he becomes famous. For every Eddie Howe there are 50 "young managers" who do jack shit. They are retrospective football experts.

It's the same with signings, "oh we should sign a top quality striker and CB for 3 million each". Who should we sign? "oh I don't know, it's not my job to know." 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

What are you gibbering on about? It was the usual stuff of him "not being good enough" on here, before he even played for us, or didn't play as was mostly the case. It happens with practically everyone we are linked with or sign. 

The line was why is Mowbray signing this guy? Well we were in league 1 and a season later he is being linked with two of the biggest clubs in Europe. The move didn't work out here for various reasons, but it just shows that he was a good find. The couch scouts who don't even watch players before writing them off crack me up. 

People remark on what they see, what’s surprising about that? 

Some players come good, some don’t reach their potential, such is football.

 

Edited by K-Hod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all this talk of us signing Gallagher can I just ask those postera who don't think he is a good signing, to just say that once please. Some posters will literally tell you they don't like the manager or players every hour, on the hour. Ye know who ye are! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, K-Hod said:

People remark on what they see, what’s surprising about that? 

Some players come good, some don’t reach their potential, such is football.

 

I'm talking about before they see the player actually play. It happens on here and you know it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm talking about before they see the player actually play. It happens on here and you know it 

I’m sure it does. People have different opinion, such is life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Different divisions involved obviously but....🤷‍♂️

5B1E286A-3EFC-4DA3-A1AF-1B2C6D5AA9CD.jpeg

Wow ...couple of things that surprised me there 1) didn't know souness was boss for more games than dalglish and 2) Don Mackay who was vilified for a lot of his time at rovers as a pretty good win ratio 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appleton, Ince et al were shit, doesn’t mean there are NO good young managers that could do a job at Ewood.

What nonsense.

Edited by Mattyblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

With all this talk of us signing Gallagher can I just ask those postera who don't think he is a good signing, to just say that once please. Some posters will literally tell you they don't like the manager or players every hour, on the hour. Ye know who ye are! 

If we sign Gallagher too play up top then yes he’d be a good signing. If we sign Gallagher too play on the wing in the Armstrong role of not tracking back and just not even being a winger in the first place then it’s a no. Don’t know why anyone is talking about changing manager though, he’s not done much wrong and if he hasn’t got a pot too piss in this summer it won’t make a difference who’s in charge we won’t be making the play offs even if Pep was our manager. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Butty said:

If we sign Gallagher too play up top then yes he’d be a good signing. If we sign Gallagher too play on the wing in the Armstrong role of not tracking back and just not even being a winger in the first place then it’s a no. Don’t know why anyone is talking about changing manager though, he’s not done much wrong and if he hasn’t got a pot too piss in this summer it won’t make a difference who’s in charge we won’t be making the play offs even if Pep was our manager. 

Pep might sort the defense!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’m sure it does. People have different opinion, such is life.

So basically this is a forum where we make up what we want and alls well ..such is life ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HowieFive0 said:

So basically this is a forum where we make up what we want and alls well ..such is life ..

Not sure how you arrived at that from what I said, but fair enough....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, K-Hod said:

Not sure how you arrived at that from what I said, but fair enough....

"I'm talking about before they see the player actually play. It happens on here and you know it " ..Big Dog quote 

"I’m sure it does. People have different opinion, such is life." ..your answer .

So ok to basically make it up about players before seen ..fair enough ..such is life . As long as we al know the rules ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You aren’t going to stop it, that’s football forums, so why get worked up about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

I’ve just retweeted some WBA fan comments...(see the Home page if you are not on Twitter) - they bloody love him. I assume he has developed quite a lot since we sent him back. The raw 17y/o has developed it seems...

This will be a common theme with Mowbray, as it was with Bowyer. They aren’t brave or bold enough to give youngsters a run out - in their best positions.

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

Different divisions involved obviously but....🤷‍♂️

5B1E286A-3EFC-4DA3-A1AF-1B2C6D5AA9CD.jpeg

As well as being spurious given the L1 games being included, that must be well out of date. 69 games doesn’t cover two full seasons and according to transfermarkt it’s closer to double that.

His 61 game Championship record is W21 D19 L21 - really very average - with a win % of 34.4.

By your measure that actually makes him worse than Lambert, having had far longer and a huge budget, while Lambert had a negative budget and yet still signed our best Championship player, as well as Mowbray’s Mr. Professional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HowieFive0 said:

"I'm talking about before they see the player actually play. It happens on here and you know it " ..Big Dog quote 

"I’m sure it does. People have different opinion, such is life." ..your answer .

So ok to basically make it up about players before seen ..fair enough ..such is life . As long as we al know the rules ..

I never said or suggested anything of the sort. I tried to be as neutral as possible and said people have different opinions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I watched him and he was worse than useless with an attitude to boot

I saw him play and he was deeply average even taking his youth in account. That report says a lot about modern football in my opinion. Having said that weren't Real Madrid supposed to be watching Henley when he first got into our first team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Appleton, Ince et al were shit, doesn’t mean there are NO good young managers that could do a job at Ewood.

What nonsense.

Let’s have some names then! I’ve followed footie for 50 yrs or so and in this current age I don’t see any other than the two brothers who WONT take jobs higher up the leagues as they are too inexperienced, other than that??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Graham Potter came from Scandinavia (just like Berg) ended up at Swansea, now in the PL.

Dean Smith.

Cowley

Farke

Stoke nabbed Jones, who was in all likleyhood about to take Luton to back to back promotions.

There are always potential emerging, who was Wagner when Huddersfield found him? Proper, professional football clubs make it their business to find the next one.

I’m not after booting out Mowbray, so not sure why I’m even bothering, but to say there are no promising managers in Europe is just bloody daft, 50 years, indeed!

Edited by Mattyblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What are you gibbering on about? It was the usual stuff of him "not being good enough" on here, before he even played for us, or didn't play as was mostly the case. It happens with practically everyone we are linked with or sign. 

The line was why is Mowbray signing this guy? Well we were in league 1 and a season later he is being linked with two of the biggest clubs in Europe. The move didn't work out here for various reasons, but it just shows that he was a good find. The couch scouts who don't even watch players before writing them off crack me up. 

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/33478-thursday-deadline/&page=350

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/33478-thursday-deadline/&page=351

No it wasn't..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stuart said:

This will be a common theme with Mowbray, as it was with Bowyer. They aren’t brave or bold enough to give youngsters a run out - in their best positions.

As well as being spurious given the L1 games being included, that must be well out of date. 69 games doesn’t cover two full seasons and according to transfermarkt it’s closer to double that.

His 61 game Championship record is W21 D19 L21 - really very average - with a win % of 34.4.

By your measure that actually makes him worse than Lambert, having had far longer and a huge budget, while Lambert had a negative budget and yet still signed our best Championship player, as well as Mowbray’s Mr. Professional.

Well it’s not MY measure...it’s stats & after I posted it, I also realised it wasn’t up to date so I posted an update which I attach here for completeness...

A0C10E9F-F753-4D70-9AB3-A60748BF97B6.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What are you gibbering on about? It was the usual stuff of him "not being good enough" on here, before he even played for us, or didn't play as was mostly the case. It happens with practically everyone we are linked with or sign. 

The line was why is Mowbray signing this guy? Well we were in league 1 and a season later he is being linked with two of the biggest clubs in Europe. The move didn't work out here for various reasons, but it just shows that he was a good find. The couch scouts who don't even watch players before writing them off crack me up. 

Its one or the other he either wasnt good enough/not ready or the manager didnt play him meaning the manager got it wrong, pretty straightforward mate, pick one of them two options, theres no inbetween? You wont cause you wont have a go at the manager in any way whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Herbie6590 said:

Well it’s not MY measure...it’s stats & after I posted it, I also realised it wasn’t up to date so I posted an update which I attach here for completeness...

A0C10E9F-F753-4D70-9AB3-A60748BF97B6.png

Not addressed the issue though, dude.

You were seemingly trying to make a point that Mowbray was (statistically at least) far superior to Lambert. That’s just not true.

On a side note, it’s been a funny old day today. Everyone seems really on edge. Maybe it’s the crushing sense of impending monotony. At best.

I think we desperately need a positive Championship-standard signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yeti-dog said:

Well, people can be sniffy but that managerial career total win % of 42.3 is actually pretty good.

Any manager who manages celtic should have an above 50% win ratio, look at lennon. Manager bolton won about 5 games in a season they were woeful but probs still has a great win percentage.

Edited by AAK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.