BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

If we are trying to build a young team and aren't trying to improve the first 11 by signings then selling Ray's would be madness . I believe he will be a good keeper and come to regret selling him. I have no idea what Tony is trying to achieve . I'm Literally clueless if this deal goes through. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Think you are spot on.

The big, big worries for me are Lowe and Benson (as mentioned above).  Saw Lowe at the Academy and was underwhelmed by his 'abilities' - IMO, such an uninspiring figure with so little presence.

Obviously, Mowbray and Venus are mates and IMO, neither has demonstrated they can organise or set a team up and successfully change tactics as the game dictates.

I remember when Sam first arrived and was asked about our defensive coach Winterburn - his remarks 'I'll sort the defence' and my goodness he did.

Mowbray and Venus were both defenders but, IMO, there has been little evidence to suggest they can solve our defensive woes. 

Sam liked to take responsibility for his defence and coach them himself I believe and boy did they get put through their paces until they knew the drills blindfolded.

Of course the argument there is it fell down with whoever was coaching further up the park but then again he wanted the whole side defending so there probably wasn't much to do for his other assistants.

Agree on Lowe & Benson and the like but it just comes down to penny pinching for me they were installed under times of austerity but now we seem to be signing players on big wages just to offer input into the youngsters instead of revamping the coaching set up.  All does appear to be getting very comfy at Ewood now again I think, easy going manager, owners providing a decent budget but convinced into not expecting much in return for no demands for big signings and promise of youngsters to sell further down the line.

As for Lowe he just seems a box ticking pen and clipboard man doing as he's told, every club has one I just hope we don't ever end up in a situation he has to step into the vacant managers shoes..........

16 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

A lot of players have now moved or are close to moving, who we've been linked to at one time or another. We’re either missing out in quick succession or have other irons in the fire. Let’s hope for the latter.

We have not even figured which irons to put in the fire, I am not so sure the fire is even lit yet.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

This......."clamour for defenders isn’t as strong as it once was."   What is wrong with this man?  I am lost for words too.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It seems as though he hasn't learnt anything from January. January's results papered over the cracks which meant we didn't strengthen our defence. Now it sounds as though winning a few dead rubbers at the end of the season has again convinced him that everything is alright. 

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

I've said it before and will say it again, IMO, he should have been sacked for that decision alone.

That financial commitment will, IMO, prove to have hamstrung the club's development.

I think it's scandalous. 

The fee for Brereton could of been spent strengthening other areas at that time, The lad is still young and with a good season within the next few years he could be sold for a really good fee, A fee that could potentially stabilise our club for a few years 

• Like 1

How can he be happy with what we have when we have lost reed, downing and Rodwell and we were short of defenders last season. 

Even if magloire can step up then Wharton or Grayson has to aswell. 

We were short last season, lose three defenders ( if reed was rb cover) and now we are fine because we are learning to pass in triangles and now Raya might be leaving. 

Its hard to positive when you see it in black and white 

even assuming he brings in CB cover the ones we had last season plummeted after xmas and the difficult start we have without the promotion bounce could prove to much this time round. Least left back cover is sorted with our new recruit <_<

im preparing for a long hard season ending in a dog fight 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Jlee1984 said:

The fee for Brereton could of been spent strengthening other areas at that time, The lad is still young and with a good season within the next few years he could be sold for a really good fee, A fee that could potentially stabilise our club for a few years 

A huge IF !

Meanwhile the club stagnates and possibly regresses.

IMO, the lad doesn't have it and never will.  My thoughts very early on when he joined Rovers as I could see virtually nothing that offered any hope.

IMO, the brutal reality is that Mowbray has dropped one enormous b0ll0ck.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

A huge IF !

IMO, the lad doesn't have it and never will.  My thoughts very early on when he joined Rovers as I could see virtually nothing that offered any hope.

Yep, and it looks like venkys have told him he can't be trusted with significant funds.

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

A huge IF !

Time will tell, with strikers getting more expensive by the year can’t see no problem getting our money back at least 

Just now, Jlee1984 said:

Time will tell, with strikers getting more expensive by the year can’t see no problem getting our money back at least 

I'll tell you what - I'm just glad it wasn't my 7 million pounds or Mowbray would be sleeping with the fishes by now. What do we do with Brererton ? Put him in the bank vault like a Rolex watch and hope his value accumulates ?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Jlee1984 said:

You must have attended the same school of economics as Neil Woodford!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

A bit worrying this.

No urgency in getting any defenders in because he thinks we will be a much more possession based team.

Not sure we have the players for that. And it would probably mean a back 3 with wingbacks (which we don't have)

7 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He made a lot more mistakes after that bang on the head he got. Came back too soon in my opinion. Name me a modern goalkeeper who commands the box ? Even Big Brad watched a few goals headed in from inside his six yard box.

Mine too. I played goalie as school and got kicked full in the face going down at someone’s feet; spat out two back teeth. I never fancied it after that, not that I was any good mind, as Arbitro will confirm.

Mowbray and the defence clearly lost faith in him, which didn’t help any of them. Time to go I feel.

Raya was rushed back into the team after that deliberate kick by Rodriquez because of lack of confidence in our backup keeper.

IMO, very poor management by Mowbray and no thought it would appear given to the possible psychological effects of such an injury to a keeper.

It has done Raya nothing but harm to his career.

• Like 1

If theres any truth in this, very underwhelmed. If we are buying him outright then its a waste of resources needed for our defence,

Dont really understand why Mowbray is so desperate for a striker from his perspective. He's got our player of the year, I personally think we are short beyond that but from his point of view, we have a 7m striker he said to judge this season, we have Samuel who again he rates highly, and then Armstrong and Nuttall beyond that.

1 minute ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Mine too. I played goalie as school and got kicked full in the face going down at someone’s feet; spat out two back teeth. I never fancied it after that, not that I was any good mind, as Arbitro will confirm.

Mowbray and the defence clearly lost faith in him, which didn’t help any of them. Time to go I feel.

Duly confirmed John.

• Like 1

I suppose it depends with Gallagher. There's clearly something to work with there and he ticks a lot of boxes. He did quite well in our relegation season, knows the club, should be entering the best years of his career. 

If we are buying him outright he could be an asset for us and we might be able to build around him moving forward.

However, if it's just on loan again it just feels to me like we're just kicking the can down the road.

All this talk about scouting and there's no evidence anything has actually happened. All our rumoured targets are either Mowbray's mates or ex players.

If he's arriving imminently at least he should get pre season under his belt and be ready to play from the word go rather than last minute.com as in previous years. 

Fully expect Mowbray to decide he should be playing in midfield and spend the season converting him mind.

Just now, JHRover said:

I suppose it depends with Gallagher. There's clearly something to work with there and he ticks a lot of boxes. He did quite well in our relegation season, knows the club, should be entering the best years of his career. 

If we are buying him outright he could be an asset for us and we might be able to build around him moving forward.

However, if it's just on loan again it just feels to me like we're just kicking the can down the road.

All this talk about scouting and there's no evidence anything has actually happened. All our rumoured targets are either Mowbray's mates or ex players.

If he's arriving imminently at least he should get pre season under his belt and be ready to play from the word go rather than last minute.com as in previous years. 

Fully expect Mowbray to decide he should be playing in midfield and spend the season converting him mind.

I'd rather it was a loan if he did come, which I'm not keen on altogether to be honest. All resources need to go on fixing the defence in my opinion. If he splurges our budget on Gallagher it makes a further mockery of our 7m striker Mowbray said we can judge this season!

• Like 1

Spoke to a guy today who did some work on a house on buckshaw a while back. Turned out to be Reed who was living there. Hanley owns it and rents it back to Rovers. Reed never had any intention of staying but I think we all knew that. Mrs didn't like it up here, she wanted to be closer to her family. He got chatting to his neighbour who said Hanley was at it partying every weekend till 3am when he lived there, if he comes back I hope he's grown up.