BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Neal said:

Spoke to a guy today who did some work on a house on buckshaw a while back. Turned out to be Reed who was living there. Hanley owns it and rents it back to Rovers. Reed never had any intention of staying but I think we all knew that. Mrs didn't like it up here, she wanted to be closer to her family. He got chatting to his neighbour who said Hanley was at it partying every weekend till 3am when he lived there, if he comes back I hope he's grown up. 

Was also seen acting like an idiot at ascot with his mates when he was still a rover and we had an important relegation game on that afternoon. I don’t like him and don’t want him back

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I don't think it's a lack of ambition and drive, it's a lack of talent.

We saw it with our Academy for years, it's incredibly difficult to produce Premier League quality youngsters. The standard is just so high. If these players were remotely good enough, their host clubs would play them in their first teams - they'd save an absolute bundle in transfer fees!

Agree with this - how many City, Chelsea youngsters go on to have big careers? to date of course?

Every now and again a diamond is found among the dirt, ala Duff, Dunn etc. but in the main, you're developing players that are pretty much avaerage. its only a few that make it to first team level let alone top flight level.

yopu get obvious exceptions like Owen, Rooney etc but in the main, nah. You cannot expect yearly supertars

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 4

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Was also seen acting like an idiot at ascot with his mates when he was still a rover and we had an important relegation game on that afternoon. I don’t like him and don’t want him back

Done himself no favours... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Another daily implosion on the forum!

has anyone considered that it might just be kidology on Mowbray behalf? There isn’t anyone on this forum that’s has a clue what is or what is not going on behind the scenes! 

I get that people are frustrated but that is borne out of not thinking about the bigger picture! Anyone who thinks we are not going to see a new defender or forward coming in are deluded, things take time just look at Championship signings in total, there hasn’t been many. TM will be looking at how the players react post close season, he will be monitoring and analysing his options that is for sure.

I think he actually knows what he is doing far more than people on here give him credit for ?

bore off

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Mike E said:

If Gallagher comes in as a striker and not another false winger, I'm happy with it. Strikes me as closer to Graham's heir apparent than Breo.

danny-graham-of-blackburn-rovers-celebra

I certainly wouldn't be against it under the same stipulations. Far from it. Gallagher played his most games here and unsurprisingly it resulted in his best form - and half of that was under Coyle.

I really think there's more there - plus he's a bigger target for those Downing crosses ?

Edited by CD_93
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Neal said:

Spoke to a guy today who did some work on a house on buckshaw a while back. Turned out to be Reed who was living there. Hanley owns it and rents it back to Rovers. Reed never had any intention of staying but I think we all knew that. Mrs didn't like it up here, she wanted to be closer to her family. He got chatting to his neighbour who said Hanley was at it partying every weekend till 3am when he lived there, if he comes back I hope he's grown up. 

What is it with partners deciding where the professional plays their football? I find that baffling, but I know it happens a lot. 

That also doesn't surprise me about Hanley, I'd heard he lived on Buckshaw and was a bit of a lad about town.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

What is it with partners deciding where the professional plays their football? I find that baffling, but I know it happens a lot. 

I too find it totally baffling. I've never lived near my family. Not that we don't get on but there's a whole big world out there and you can stay close to family without living next door to them nowadays

• Like 3

11 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Another daily implosion on the forum!

has anyone considered that it might just be kidology on Mowbray behalf? There isn’t anyone on this forum that’s has a clue what is or what is not going on behind the scenes! 

I get that people are frustrated but that is borne out of not thinking about the bigger picture! Anyone who thinks we are not going to see a new defender or forward coming in are deluded, things take time just look at Championship signings in total, there hasn’t been many. TM will be looking at how the players react post close season, he will be monitoring and analysing his options that is for sure.

I think he actually knows what he is doing far more than people on here give him credit for ?

Just to add to my inittial reaction.

Look, you have called people deluded, just for having a bad feeling about a transfer window that is of yet, to come to the fruition that you have (in your opinion) will satisfy us. Have we not been here before? Can we not discuss our opinions? Is there really a daily message board meltdown as you put it? Can you happy pill popping ,melodramatics please just for a day or two, let a messgaboard be what it is, a message board where people air their opinions   1

Ill say it now - Biz, Sb and Bigdog will like your your post. 

I don't even know if i am a negative or positive anymore - but its getting to the point where people cannot even air their opinions without getting attacked by either group. 

Aslo, you;re going to get rounded on if we dont sign some defenders following what you said in your post. 

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 4

Just now, JacknOry said:

Just to add to my inittial reaction.

Look, you have called people deluded, just for having a bad feeling about a transfer window that is of yet, to come to the fruition that you have (in your opinion) will satisfy us. Have we not been here before? Can we not discuss our opinions? Is there really a daily message board meltdown as you put it? Can you happy pill popping ,melodramatics please just for a day or two, let a messgaboard be what it is, a message board where people air their opinions   1

Ill say it now - Biz, Sb and Bigdog will like your your post. 

I don't even know if i am a negative or positive anymore - but its getting to the point where people cannot even air their opinions without getting attacked by either group. 

Aslo, you;re going to get rounded on if we dont sign some defenders following what you said in your post. 

Doesn’t matter who likes that post, he’s right; being worried or upset about our business 5/6 weeks before the season starts is a new level of ridiculous imo.

Further compounded by this daily need to react to a sentence in a paragraph from the manager: it’s almost as if people are looking for it imo.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Looks like Raya is carrying the can for the dismal defensive performances whilst the other jokers get a severe telling off. I think we may regret this one.

Also looks like we can't get a goalkeeper till we sell Raya?

I thought the ideal was to bring in an experienced keeper who Raya could learn from and take over at some point.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'll tell you what - I'm just glad it wasn't my 7 million pounds or Mowbray would be sleeping with the fishes by now. What do we do with Brererton ? Put him in the bank vault like a Rolex watch and hope his value accumulates ?

We can't play him in case he gets damaged! 

13 hours ago, Tom said:

Nixon saying rovers and Brentford in discussion about a fee for Raya and we are looking for replacements 

I think that’s one that will happen 

Beginning to wonder if TM is thinking Raya is the reason for our crap defence.

People saying that Raya may look more commanding with a decent back four in front of him need to consider the reverse could be true too.

I played as a keeper, was coached at Rovers and local non league teams from a young age, as well as the positional sense, shot stopping etc, the coaches used to encourage me to organise as I had the best view on the pitch, as a loud mouth that was not an issue for me and became one of my strong points, so much so that at certain points I was picked because of this when there wasn't too much between me and the other keepers, even if somebody else was a better shot stopper.

I don't recall Raya giving out too many bollockings when those in front of him where as much use as a chocolate fireguard, any keeper worth his salt would tear them a new one, no matter who they are.

If we can bring in an experienced keeper with a decent centre half I think it could have a enormous impact on the back four.

Whilst Raya has shown cat like reactions at times he isn't commanding, in his frame or demeanor, and you need to have that in your keeper for a good defensive unit.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, USABlue said:

Beginning to wonder if TM is thinking Raya is the reason for our crap defence.

I think that's a fair assumption given Mowbrays interview in the LT yesterday and the news of Brentfords interest. Personally I believe that Raya simply isn't good enough so selling him isn't a big deal for me. I still believe though that we need two centre backs who can hit the ground running and provide competition for Lenihan. 

Undecided on the Raya issue tbh. He's one of the best shot stoppers in the league but a few question marks on other areas. However, how much does a complete keeper come in at these days and who would we even get to replace him? I just KNOW he'd end up with a decent coach and being a world beater if he moved on too which is frustrating. 

• Like 3

At the moment, I don't think Raya should be our number 1. He should have probably been sent out on loan in the past.

That said, he's still young and there is a chance he will improve, I just don't know by how much.

Again, a problem if TM thinks Raya is basically solely responsible for our defensive shambles.

• Like 1

See that Man Ure are being linked in the Sunday Press with a £50 move for Mcginn who we were linked with 12 months ago before TM no doubt told him (like Bauer) that he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter and he'd have to dislodge the mighty Corry and Richie. You couldn't make it up.

As far as the rumours concerning us go I'd be gutted if Raya was sold, think he'll turn out to be a top keeper and if he goes he'll no doubt be replaced by an "experienced" keeper like Steele who let's every shot the opposition take in.

I'll also be disappointed if Gallagher comes in. He'll never be better than average imo and I can't for the life of me understand why we want to reunite the strike force that took us down, especially seeing as Graham is now three years older and has one foot planted firmly in the knackers  yard.

I'd rather stick with Brereton (in the correct position) than Gallagher. I think Brereton has raw potential, for me Gallagher doesn't have much about him at all. What you see is what you get with him. Lots of endeavour but not much quality.

What's happened to all the bold talk about scouring Europe for players? Seems we can't sign anyone unless they've played for us before (Hanley, Gallagher) or played for Boro (Downing) plus all the others we've been linked with.

• Like 5

We will regret selling Raya. We will regret it even more if there isn’t a decent fee and a big sell on.

Gallagher - Mowbray always played him on the right, has 2 years sat on the bench prepared him for 46 games up top? Because we’ve enough strikers who we play out wide instead. Where the hell does it leave Brereton??

• Like 3