BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, JacknOry said:

Brentford aren't the types to pay top dollar usually but to be fair the Venkies, they usually don't sell unless its top dollar bids coming in. 

Ya, I am thinking it will be 2-2.5 upfront with the rest in add-ons and possibly even a sell on clause. The more upfront the better imo. So hopefully it's more that that. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I suppose any discussions about Raya leaving need to be informed by what the actual fee is. If he is leaving for £2 million , thats bad. If it is closer to £4 or £5 million well I think it's a good deal. I liked Raya, good shot stopper, but I do think he had a big part to play in the defensive shambles last season. Not the only culprit, or arguably not the biggest I definitely wouldn't put him in the same category of Dack or Lenihan and if it raises much needed funds for other areas, I can see the merit. 

anyone have any idea what the fee is? 

He won't be going to Brentford for 4 or 5 million. I'd be surprised if they would go to 2 million.

Ya, I am thinking it will be 2-2.5 upfront with the rest in add-ons and possibly even a sell on clause. The more upfront the better imo. So hopefully it's more that that. 

Not overly sure selling him is a good idea anyway - he just needs better competition or perhaps even drop down to number two with us bringing a more experienced keeper he can learn off for a season or two before coming back in. 

Sods law will see him develop into a much better keeper with that lot and see him move on for big bucks in a few years.

Just now, JHRover said:

He won't be going to Brentford for 4 or 5 million. I'd be surprised if they would go to 2 million.

Time will tell. I reckon it will be 4-5 million including add-ons

Just now, JacknOry said:

Not overly sure selling him is a good idea anyway - he just needs better competition or perhaps even drop down to number two with us bringing a more experienced keeper he can learn off for a season or two before coming back in. 

Sods law will see him develop into a much better keeper with that lot and see him move on for big bucks in a few years.

Ya, it's a surprise alright. He could well develop further and improve on the faults he has, but will he ever be a Premier league keeper? It's hard to see it now after last season. Crosses and kicking cause him huge issues. The kicking in particular is something that if he hasn't gotten it by now, I wonder why that is. 

Yes, it has been mentioned by a number of journalists online. it would seem there is something in it. 

They might be interested, but I don't see us linked with any 1st team keepers either. If Raya was due to be sold soon we would undoubtedly be in the hunt for another keeper.

I wouldn't sell unless the price was silly.

On 29/06/2019 at 15:16, RV Blue said:

Wouldn’t blame Raya one bit for leaving after the way he’s been treated here by Mowbray, it would be an absolute disaster for us though.

How he was treated? He was dropped after making a number of howlers.

Absolute disaster? Seriously, it wouldn't be. He isn't Dack or Lenihan 

It's amazing how the most negative of posters move the goalposts. The very same ones calling for Raya to be dropped complain when we sell him. It's comical. 

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

They might be interested, but I don't see us linked with any 1st team keepers either. If Raya was due to be sold soon we would undoubtedly be in the hunt for another keeper.

I wouldn't sell unless the price was silly.

We have been linked with a number of keepers.

Time will tell. I reckon it will be 4-5 million including add-ons

Not a chance will Brentford be committing themselves to that sort of money for a goalkeeper IMO. 

There could well be a hefty sell on percentage coming our way but initial guaranteed payment I reckon 2 million at the very most.

Suspect Rovers will attempt to head off any unrest from supporters by announcing it as undisclosed and putting stuff out in the Telegraph to make people believe we're getting a bigger amount than we actually are.

• Like 2

Thing with Brentford is this.

New ground to be paid for as it nears completion.

They will be awash with cash when they sell two top players Maupay and Konza which could see amounts in the region of £32 million if the press related figures are to be believed as accurate which should give Rovers a better bargaining chip, if they want him then they must pay the going rate for him.

As for selling Raya? I am not totally convinced by him, I do think he is a great shot stopper but NOT a commanding keeper of his 6 yard box, and this is an area where Rovers heavily conceded goals which ultimately cost us last year.

A better keeper? Is there anyone around to fill the void left if Raya is sold? Again, I am not sure there is quality out there that we could afford within reason. I do not think Lutwieller is up to it and whilst Fisher may be a good prospect he is too young to blood at this stage.

At the end of the day, Rovers will do what is deemed best for the club. So its a case of wait and see!

We have been linked with a number of keepers.

Have we? Genuinely can't think of any we've been linked with. I know we were linked with Joe Hart but Mowbray said there was nothing in that. Then Fielding but that was more as a second choice keeper and some lad for the under 23's.

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Have we? Genuinely can't think of any we've been linked with. I know we were linked with Joe Hart but Mowbray said there was nothing in that. Then Fielding but that was more as a second choice keeper and some lad for the under 23's.

Man , you didn't know Raya was linked with a move ;) I have read the guys you mentioned linked, along with Scott Carson and Thomasz Kuzsack. Either of them would fill me with far more confidence than Raya to be honest. 

If Brereton had shown enough potential to be worth towards 7 million, and I know a goalkeeper is a totally different position- different valuations etc, but surely Raya has shown enough to be deemed a 'prospect' and should be going for a similar price tag?

He has a few things he needs to work on: kicking, crosses.. Both you can coach..

He has some incredible attributes that you can't coach..

I'd loathe to lose him to a side in our division and tbh, I think it would be a bad move for him as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Not a chance will Brentford be committing themselves to that sort of money for a goalkeeper IMO. 

There could well be a hefty sell on percentage coming our way but initial guaranteed payment I reckon 2 million at the very most.

Suspect Rovers will attempt to head off any unrest from supporters by announcing it as undisclosed and putting stuff out in the Telegraph to make people believe we're getting a bigger amount than we actually are.

They have money due to some recent and upcoming sales, plus I don't see us selling him for peanuts.  2-3 million with add ons. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Ed Woodward insists Manchester United are working hard to sign more "exciting" players who fit the "long-term vision" of the club.

"Despite the inflated nature of the transfer market and constant speculation and stories, which can be misleading, the recruitment team - in conjunction with the manager [Ole Gunnar Solskjaer] - are working calmly behind the scenes to bring in other exciting players that fit their long-term vision for the club," Woodward wrote.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Maupay, Benrahma, Konsa and Ollie Watkins are all earning admirers for Brentford but they only finished a point above us. 

And that was only because they had 3 points given to them at the end of the season!

Man , you didn't know Raya was linked with a move ;) I have read the guys you mentioned linked, along with Scott Carson and Thomasz Kuzsack. Either of them would fill me with far more confidence than Raya to be honest. 

Don't rate Carson personally, he's also very similar in stature to Raya. Kuzsack is 37 and hasn't played much football in the last few years.

I wouldn't trade in an academy graduate with potential for either of those. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I suppose any discussions about Raya leaving need to be informed by what the actual fee is. If he is leaving for £2 million , thats bad. If it is closer to £4 or £5 million well I think it's a good deal. I liked Raya, good shot stopper, but I do think he had a big part to play in the defensive shambles last season. Not the only culprit, or arguably not the biggest. I definitely wouldn't put him in the same category of Dack or Lenihan and if it raises much needed funds for other areas, I can see the merit. 

anyone have any idea what the fee is? 

You're making the mistake of thinking Rovers work like a normal club. Who says we'll see any of whatever fee we get for Raya ?

Regarding his kicking I saw a video of him training not long ago. He was side volleying the ball to a guy maybe 50 yards away with terrific accuracy. Straight to the other guy at chest height. I was a decent outfield player but I couldn't have done what he was doing so consistently. Why his kicking goes all to pot once the whistle blows I don't know, it's a mystery.