BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

First team experience at.............................................................. ...Marine, talk about skewing the facts

It's like we just buy players we don't need

Well we do need him, only have one U23's goalkeeper and he might be sent out on loan so...

• Like 2

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

First team experience at.............................................................. ...Marine, talk about skewing the facts

It's like we just buy players we don't need

Well if Leutwiler becomes No.1 ..Fisher No.2 ..then we will need him !

On 06/06/2019 at 21:12, JoeHarvey said:

Charlie Adam training in Dubai with Adam Armstrong and Paul Downing. Probably means nothing but could always mean something

(especially considering Downing isn’t ours anymore)

Nixon reporting Charlie Adam is training at Brockhall.

6C2E7B7B-539D-434A-BB81-C4B49F8C1DD2.jpeg.5e085a4203c824b50317b08932656ae1.jpeg

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You're making the mistake of thinking Rovers work like a normal club. Who says we'll see any of whatever fee we get for Raya ?

Regarding his kicking I saw a video of him training not long ago. He was side volleying the ball to a guy maybe 50 yards away with terrific accuracy. Straight to the other guy at chest height. I was a decent outfield player but I couldn't have done what he was doing so consistently. Why his kicking goes all to pot once the whistle blows I don't know, it's a mystery.

Why wouldn't we see the fee? We spent over £10 million last summer without selling anyone of note. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LDRover said:

Wonder when our euro scouting network will unearth a few gems. I think a reasonable assumption is never...in fact aside of catching the odd game on eurosport I bet it doesn't even exist. 

hearing from sources that when in India, Tony asked our illustrious overlords for a Sky Sports subscription, and maybe even a BT sport subscription too, but Madame quashed the idea by telling him that our scouting budget for the season does not stretch that far, and you dont become billionaires by spending money

thankfully though, Tony understood because of how humble she seemed when she said it.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, JoeHarvey said:

Nixon reporting Charlie Adam is training at Brockhall.

6C2E7B7B-539D-434A-BB81-C4B49F8C1DD2.jpeg.5e085a4203c824b50317b08932656ae1.jpeg

I don't hate that tbf. Weirdly, had we signed him before Downing, I'd probably feel better about both signings...

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

haha the fresh, keen, youngsters, were after, are flying through that door aren't they...

U23s keeper not of any use. Gallagher not experienced enough. Downing too experienced. 

It's a fine balance isnt it ?

• Like 2

Charlie Adam !  Keeping fit ?   Surely you've got to be fit first !!!!

Barrel well and truly being scraped now although it's probably just Nixon muck stirring but we know how Mowbray likes to be seen as generous uncle Tony to these types. Is there a TM connection ?  Be very worried if there is.

Spearing and Delfonso will be back for trails again soon....

It's ok though the usual suspects will find the positives if we go on that kind of recruitment drive ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lie_still_Rover said:

If Brereton had shown enough potential to be worth towards 7 million, and I know a goalkeeper is a totally different position- different valuations etc, but surely Raya has shown enough to be deemed a 'prospect' and should be going for a similar price tag?

He has a few things he needs to work on: kicking, crosses.. Both you can coach..

He has some incredible attributes that you can't coach..

I'd loathe to lose him to a side in our division and tbh, I think it would be a bad move for him as well.

Think In Mowbray's eyes only!

Brentford don't pay big fees.

Agree with JHRover, would be surprised if it got to £2million.

Think Raya is being made a 'scapegoat' in order to hide Mowbray's inability or inclination to sort out our back four.  If Raya goes, can imagine Mowbray's script - 'it was good money and I felt we needed more experience in goal as David's inexperience was a factor last season'.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

I very much doubt Charlie Adam will be signing.

There will be out of contract players training at most clubs up and down the country to stay fit.

Nothing to see here.

Plus the fact that Nixon reported it probably means he's at Blackpool or something ?

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 2

Just now, Mercer said:

Think In Mowbray's eyes only!

Brentford don't play big fees.

Agree with JH Rovers, would be surprised if it got to £2million.

Think Raya is being made a 'scapegoat' in order to hide Mowbray's inability or inclination to sort out our back four.  If Raya goes, can imagine Mowbray's script - 'it was good money and I felt we needed more experience in goal as David's inexperience was a factor last season'.

Wait, wait ,wait. How can this not be seen as an attempt to sort the back 4 out? 

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.... 

Those who slated Raya last season are now slating Mowbray for firstly dropping him and now potentially selling him. 

Do ye not feel silly moving goalposts constantly to suit the moan?? 

We need more young players until we sign an older player, then it's back to us needing young players because we signed an older player. There is always an angle for the moan. 

• Like 1

For me, the biggest culprits last season were Raya and Mulgrew. One or both had to go. Mulgrew is captain and there are his set piece deliveries. I am optimistic that he can improve and hopefully a new centre half being brought in will give him that kick up the backside. That leaves Raya. I mean even those now moaning that he might be sold, would you really have been happy/confident with him starting the season as number 1? I would feel much better with someone else. I like Raya though and it would be a shame if he left, but maybe he isn't prepared to be a number 2. He is far from irreplaceable. 

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

I very much doubt Charlie Adam will be signing.

There will be out of contract players training at most clubs up and down the country to stay fit.

Nothing to see here.

Plus the fact that Nixon reported it probably means he's at Blackpool or something ?

Exactly, people jumping on the bandwagon as usual