BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Neal said:

Wouldn't be bothered to see him leave as long as his replacement is better. 

You could say that for every player tho really

I think TM is quite pragmatic and he just wants a rock solid 7/10 keeper he can rely on not to cost us games.

Cosnistency is what gets you prmoted really.

Whereas Raya has 10/10 in him, he also has 3/10 in him on a week to week basis.

That said I'd be worried if we sold Raya as he certainly has the skills to be very very good if he can tidy up the rough edges

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tom Stinny said:

Liverpool got 10+ million for their third choice goalkeeper called Ward. If Rovers sell Raya for 2-3 million then they deserve any stick they get. I don't think he's amazing but at 23 he's worth a minimum of 5 million at least on potential alone. 

If brentford can't afford that then jog on. Could someone like Walton who was playing in the championship last season be someone as a loan target with any money coming in going on outfield players.

On Adam. If we sign Charlie Adam, why have we signed Stewart Downing? Both bring the same qualities to me. Good technical ability but lacking in physical attributes so can't both play at once.

Think Raya is ok, as we know struggles with crosses, but to think we will get 5 mil for him, no chance, think 2 to 2half mil about right price.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Some solid goalkeeping on display in Austria 

https://twitter.com/rovers/status/1145641498119155712?s=21

Surely if you're going to upload a video on your own twitter page you'd make sure it wasn't one of your supposed 1st choice keeper flapping at a cross and your player of the year and best striking option heading the ball in the wrong direction! :huh:

Just now, windymiller7 said:

Surely if you're going to upload a video on your own twitter page you'd make sure it wasn't one of your supposed 1st choice keeper flapping at a cross and your player of the year and best striking option heading the ball in the wrong direction! :huh:

Yep that's another £250 000 less we ll be getting off Brentford

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Some solid goalkeeping on display in Austria 

https://twitter.com/rovers/status/1145641498119155712?s=21

I think the new social media guy or gal isn't as on the ball as the guy they replaced, Grant was his surname I think. Remember a few months back they shared the clip of Mowbray not high fiving Dack(because he didn't see him) and then promptly deleted it when people said it was a stupid clip to share. 

Yesterday then they shared a 7 second clip of someone rolling the ball to Raya and now they share this clip, like whats the message or the point here? If Graham wasn't attacking that goal, it's even more stupid. 

Get the finger out lads , use yer heads, be professional and show the lads in a good light FFS!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Very short memory mate. It wasnt that long ago he was calling us as a club....not remember? He can feck off for me, training on our grass. .arsehole Adam

He is literally in a different country to the squad. I wouldn't get too worked up about it personally. 

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Scott Carson and Bradley Johnson for me

Carson is awful; another Hart/Raya in terms of cock-ups.

If Raya does go at least it indicates Mowbray sees him as part of the defensive problem. He makes far too many mistakes - even for a young keeper.  

I can't believe we're contemplating selling Raya now for what would be a relative pittance compared to his potential future value. Stick with the lad and coach him surely?

He has the potential to be worth a damn sight more than Brereton in the future thats for sure.

• Like 5

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Sell raya and get say a fraser foster and I will be happy. Every player has a aprice if we can use the money to upgrade 

Is forster not on huge money at the saints? Oh and last few times I've seen him he's been gash. 

• Like 1

Sell raya and get say a fraser foster and I will be happy. Every player has a aprice if we can use the money to upgrade 

A player who has made one appearance since 2017. They lost 3-0 in that game as well by the way.

Here’s the highlights of that game... looks fucking brilliant!

Edited by Miller11

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Carson is awful; another Hart/Raya in terms of cock-ups.

If Raya does go at least it indicates Mowbray sees him as part of the defensive problem. He makes far too many mistakes - even for a young keeper.  

Having said that I hope Leutweiler is NOT going to be first choice. For a big athlete he's as weak as a kitten and doesn't have Raya's shot-stopping ability

• Like 2

Just now, darrenrover said:

I can't believe we're contemplating selling Raya now for what would be a relative pittance compared to his potential future value. Stick with the lad and coach him surely?

He has the potential to be worth a damn sight more than Brereton in the future thats for sure.

You can literally shoehorn the criticism of Brereton in anywhere.  Weddings, funerals, Bar mitzvahs- Breretons got you covered for all of your moaning needs!  

How are you so sure that Raya will be worth so much? 

Would you have complained if he stared the season as number 1? Tell the truth 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

You can literally shoehorn the criticism of Brereton in anywhere.  Weddings, funerals, Bar mitzvahs- Breretons got you covered for all of your moaning needs!  

How are you so sure that Raya will be worth so much? 

I was really hoping Raya started the season as number one. I’d bet good money any replacement will be a downgrade. 

He is a good keeper who if allowed to play to his strengths will go on to much bigger things.

• Like 3

Just now, Miller11 said:

A player who has made one appearance since 2017. They lost 3-0 in that game as well by the way.

Here’s the highlights of that game... looks fucking brilliant!

Sorry mate I don’t think we can afford to go and get a Becker. We are swimming in the pool of unwanted/ untested/ question marks on recent seasons hoping a move sparks them. 

He is undoubtedly talented and better than raya on his day

• Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

No, not in the slightest. In fact I'd be pleased if he was. I think highly of Raya and always have.

He's been made a scapegoat imo for Rovers shambolic defending in recent years and more importantly the fact it hasn't been sorted. The keeper's a last line of defence: the priority should be sorting out the 4 sat in front of him first and foremost.

• Like 4

Sorry mate I don’t think we can afford to go and get a Becker. We are swimming in the pool of unwanted/ untested/ question marks on recent seasons hoping a move sparks them. 

He is undoubtedly talented and better than raya on his day

I have my doubts around his talents, as do 3 Southampton managers judging by the fact he’s been third choice under them.

I’d have Raya over him all day long. Aside from the fact he is 8 years younger, he’s been very good for us on the whole over his 100 or so appearances. With a decent defence in front of him and a quality coach he’d be even better.

• Like 2

Just now, Miller11 said:

With a decent defence in front of him and a quality coach he’d be even better.

Problem is under Tony that just isn't going to happen.

So selling him and hopefully replacing him with a better, experienced head might be our best option.

Just now, Miller11 said:

I have my doubts around his talents, as do 3 Southampton managers judging by the fact he’s been third choice under them.

I’d have Raya over him all day long. Aside from the fact he is 8 years younger, he’s been very good for us on the whole over his 100 or so appearances. With a decent defence in front of him and a quality coach he’d be even better.

Yeah but Tony would rather replace 1 than 3/4. Raya is going or else this wouldn't be in the press.  I think he needs selling but I also think we need 2 defenders 

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Problem is under Tony that just isn't going to happen.

So selling him and hopefully replacing him with a better, experienced head might be our best option.

Boarding the bloody goals up is probably our best option applying that logic.