BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, J*B said:

Just texted a good friend that tends to know about this sort of thing... direct response below:

Rovers transfer policy is chaos.

They have lost control and now going back to targets they considered last year.

Mowbray wanted to stay calm and wait until deadline day to get his #1 targets but Venky's are panicking and saying that money needs to be spent ASAP to avoid not getting players on deadline day.

Assombalonga one of many being contacted.

Probably the least surprising event of the summer.

• Like 3

Moritz Bauer, Geoff Cameron, Mame Diouf, Giannelli Imbula, Julien Ngoy, Erik Pieters, Josh Tymon and Kevin Wimmer all not travelling on Stoke’s pre season’s preparations.... Out of those I think Pieters could be a good signing at left back, experienced enough at 30 years old. Be an upgrade on Bell, spent the last half of this season on loan at Amiens. Diouf Wimmer and Imbula probably be on a bit much wage wise, don’t know much about the rest other than Cameron who’s an experienced defender but at 33 it’s a no from me.

Edited by Butty

Just now, islander200 said:

I'd be happy if we did but do you really see us paying the transfer fee and wages to get him here?

Honestly? Who knows?!

But what I do know is that whatever happens it will be great.

Just now, J*B said:

Just texted a good friend that tends to know about this sort of thing... direct response below:

Mowbray wanted to stay calm and wait until deadline day to get his #1 targets but Venky's are panicking and saying that money needs to be spent ASAP to avoid not getting players on deadline day.

If true, I'm reading that as:

- Rovers have enquired about this summer's list of targets.

- Clubs have quoted crazy prices/wages.

- Tony prepared to sit it out and hope things move so players become available.

- Venkys want to avoid another 'Brereton', so want to go for old targets now.

"He was viewed by Brentford as a potential alternative to David Raya, who remains the first-choice target to replace Daniel Bentley.  Talks with Raya’s current club Blackburn remain ongoing, with Rovers holding out for a fee as close to £4m as possible, while Brentford are reluctant to pay over £3m."

Sky Sports talking about Brentford being turned down by Leicester for one of their keepers. Rovers want 4m for Raya

Edited by Tugayisgod

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Pepsi Max Cherry said:

Does anybody know if Jim/James Wilkinson posts on this forum? If so what is his username? Thanks in advance!

You’ll have to get him on Twitter mate, he’s not on here any more...

• Like 1

• Backroom

RE Assombalonga... I had an extremely reliable source in January, we were 100% in for Assombalonga then and Waggott definitely did meet his representatives. 

Unfortunately because I posted everything i found out on this messageboard I'm no longer told anything and therefore have no idea if this is true this time around. 

I wouldn't be surprised and Neophox has a pretty good track record if i rememebr rightly? 

• Like 2

Just now, Madon said:

RE Assombalonga... I had an extremely reliable source in January, we were 100% in for Assombalonga then and Waggott definitely did meet his representatives. 

Unfortunately because I posted everything i found out on this messageboard I'm no longer told anything and therefore have no idea if this is true this time around. 

I wouldn't be surprised and Neophox has a pretty good track record if i rememebr rightly? 

If we change your account name to something else is it possible you can claim it was all just a big misunderstanding?

• Like 1

Just now, Madon said:

Neophox used too have something of a decent track record but that’s gone too shit recently. Prove me wrong Neo! 

• Like 2

Would definitely prefer BA to SG but is it worth an extra £4-5m? Maybe not. Again I’d sooner see Jake Cooper come in.

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Rovers will try for Assombalonga ahead of Gallagher. Proven goalscorer that would take us up.

Then we'll get told the wages for both are too high, but then again we already know that.

Assombalonga would be a good signing but it doesn't solve that defence, not that it will happen anyway.

• Like 3

We keep hearing this that Venkies want to spend but TM wants to be calm. Somewhere in the middle would do me.

As for Assombalonga...again. Can anyone really see it happening? He would need to take at least a 10k pw pay cut,  and the fee will be at least 10+.

Wouldnt say no of course, he is a proven goalscorer at this level but id rather take that 10 million and spend the vast majority on defence.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, J*B said:

Even if Venky’s are gonna splash the cash I’m sure Tony just like myself will be worried about FFP. I’d much rather us play it safe and not suffer a punishment further down the line. Our squad is quite strong, Chapman especially will be like a new signing. If we could loan a decent centre half I’d be happy with that.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, J*B said:

Venkys saying money there spend it, Tony dithering again because he really doesn't know who he wants, defenders or strikers so he'll chase midfielders, Venkys saying if you don't spend it the bank will make it disappear into running costs.  Tony spends it on one to bubble under or tells fans the money was there but i'm not spending it for the sake of it !

Meanwhile Bauer settles in at Preston whilst Rodwell is still on his jollies, Charlie will be back when he's ready and Downing S isn't in Austria.

Scattergun time !

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Only a rumour at this moment in time.

Yeah started by you lol

its never ever going to happen for every reason you can think of.

I’m not going to be ” maddoned” again this window 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

Would definitely prefer BA to SG but is it worth an extra £4-5m? Maybe not. Again I’d sooner see Jake Cooper come in.

It's been said all along there is money to spend. TM has always pulled transfers out of leftfield and I can see the Assombalonga rumours having legs. If we can get him for let's say 8 million instead of Gallagher for 5 then I would take that all day long. Sell Raya for 4 bring a keeper in for free and use the Raya money to sign a centre half. Cooper would be the ideal signing in my eyes. 

Assombalonga would probably suit the style of football TM has said he wants to play. We can then use DG as plan B. 

Who knows what's going to happen but at least we have a glimmer of hope. 

1 hour ago, Butty said:

Moritz Bauer, Geoff Cameron, Mame Diouf, Giannelli Imbula, Julien Ngoy, Erik Pieters, Josh Tymon and Kevin Wimmer all not travelling on Stoke’s pre season’s preparations.... Out of those I think Pieters could be a good signing at left back, experienced enough at 30 years old. Be an upgrade on Bell, spent the last half of this season on loan at Amiens. Diouf Wimmer and Imbula probably be on a bit much wage wise, don’t know much about the rest other than Cameron who’s an experienced defender but at 33 it’s a no from me.

Just clearing out the remainder of their high earning PL dross I expect. Many will be on big wages by our standards so unless they're happy to come down there's not many I would say are worth looking at. 

I'm sure both Mowbray and Waggott have stated that our budget in this window is similar to last summer.

Surely buying Assombalonga would blow the lot so there are 3 possibilities

1) the rumour is wrong

2) we have a bigger budget than last year and can afford him and some defenders

3) Mowbray has no intention of buying defenders

As for Venkys advocating spending money quickly on players who are not necessarily Mowbray's main targets then they have learned absolutely nothing and are still meddling. They need to leave the football decisions to people who know football. In actual fact I'm sure they would love it if Mowbray spent nothing as long as we manage to avoid relegation.

• Like 1

Just now, Crimpshrine said:

I'm sure both Mowbray and Waggott have stated that our budget in this window is similar to last summer.

Surely buying Assombalonga would blow the lot so there are 3 possibilities

1) the rumour is wrong

2) we have a bigger budget than last year and can afford him and some defenders

3) Mowbray has no intention of buying defenders

As for Venkys advocating spending money quickly on players who are not necessarily Mowbray's main targets then they have learned absolutely nothing and are still meddling. They need to leave the football decisions to people who know football. In actual fact I'm sure they would love it if Mowbray spent nothing as long as we manage to avoid relegation.

Assombalonga is a none starter. There’s not a chance we are signing him. More than happy too be proven wrong but no, not a chance. 

• Like 2