BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Come on Tony, get your act into gear. Never mind the signings we desperately need fo the first X1. You've filled the Conway role in the squad by replacing a superfluous 34 year old squad player with a (near) 35 year old.

Now you need to fill Kasey Palmer's place in the squad by signing a quality loanee from a top Premiership Club and then never give him a proper chance! ?

• Like 5

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Come on Tony, get your act into gear. Never mind the signings we desperately need fo the first X1. You've filled the Conway role in the squad by replacing a superfluous 34 year old squad player with a (near) 35 year old.

Now you need to fill Kasey Palmer's place in the squad by signing a quality loanee from a top Premiership Club and then never give him a proper chance! ?

Never mind Palmer, the task at hand is to replace Reed. That's a big loss. 

• Like 3

Just now, Neal said:

Agreed! Palmer was showpony with little to show, I think Chapman can do that better.

Reed is a real loss, have some hope for Davenport though. 

• Like 2

Just now, briansol said:

Agreed! Palmer was showpony with little to show, I think Chapman can do that better.

Reed is a real loss, have some hope for Davenport though. 

I can definately see why people say that but there's a decent player in there if someone can discipline him. 

1 hour ago, Tormund said:

Think Davenport will be a big player this season. No need for centre midfielders. Defenders and a striker!!

So are u saying u don't want a central midfielder, defender and a striker? :)

Just now, bboy said:

Sorry if covered but I see Duffy is being lined as a maguire replacement if United sign him. Around 30m. Wonder if we included any clauses? 

Jesus. Shame he threw his toys out the pram, weakened our bargaining hand. Hope we still managed to get a sell-on. I feel it should always be inserted in a sale of a young player.

1 hour ago, Neal said:

My post was intended as a joke (sort of) wirh a serious point in there about Mowbray not addressing the real priority areas and only bringing in squad fillers as opposed to players for the first X1.

Completely agree about Reed. As I've said all along, QUALITY CB CM (to replace Reed) and main striker needed.

Also need a new contract for Travis imo. If we brought in a Reed replacement but lost him because he's still on a relatively nominal amount it would be one step forward and two back.

Bradley Johnson is done  

Club were putting feelers out last night asking about him, his character etc. Opinions were passed and they were told this morning that the deal is done. Only surprise is that it hasn’t been announced today.

Also they expect Buckley, Travis, Davenport and Butterworth to step this season. 

Edit: Smallwood and Evans consigned to the history books by Christmas.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 3

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Bradley Johnson is done  

Club were putting feelers out last night asking about him, his character etc. Opinions were passed and they were told this morning that the deal is done. Only surprise is that it hasn’t been announced today.

Also they expect Buckley, Travis, Davenport and Butterworth to step this season. 

Wheres that from? Didn't Mowbray say nothing is imminent?

Would be great news if it happens. 

How long do their latest contracts run for though?. What a criminal waste of money that was, especially in Evans' case.

• Like 1

Bradley Johnson is done  

Is that last part your opinion or something you've heard/read?

Interesting if so. I've not seen this area as being as much of a priority as others have (I'd rather just stop playing two DMs and strengthen the defence and get a striker with the budget), and my opinion has been either buy someone utterly class or very cheap but definitely a step up on everyone who isn't Travis. Hopefully this counts as the latter. Probably only get one good season out of him but that gives us time to see how the kids progress and what's needed. If he's up to it.

If there is a similar budget to it, we now have the vast bulk of it for a CB, striker and whatever the 'up to' 5th signing is.

Heard anything on the price? My guess was in the 300-500k range?

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Wheres that from? Didn't Mowbray say nothing is imminent?

Argh, I really can’t say. They’re so touchy about this stuff now...was ‘done’ by this morning apparently. 

Im more excited by their belief in the young lads. They LOVE Buckley. “He’ll definitely play in the Premier League”

• Like 1

Bradley Johnson is done  

I hope all that comes to pass, plus a CB or 2

Do "they" expect Ben "to step this season"?

Smallwood and Evans consigned to the history books by Christmas - how does that work when they are on wages?

• Like 1

Bradley Johnson is done  

Seems strange to me. Surely if there were doubts about him or his character that would be looked at well before terms were offered and agreed?

If Mowbray doesn't fancy/rate Smallwood/Evans then they need consigning to the history books NOW, rather than 'by Christmas'. 

Just now, bluebruce said:

Is that last part your opinion or something you've heard/read?

Interesting if so. I've not seen this area as being as much of a priority as others have (I'd rather just stop playing two DMs and strengthen the defence and get a striker with the budget), and my opinion has been either buy someone utterly class or very cheap but definitely a step up on everyone who isn't Travis. Hopefully this counts as the latter. Probably only get one good season out of him but that gives us time to see how the kids progress and what's needed. If he's up to it.

If there is a similar budget to it, we now have the vast bulk of it for a CB, striker and whatever the 'up to' 5th signing is.

Heard anything on the price? My guess was in the 300-500k range?

Heard nothing on the price. But I think the signs that none of us have picked up on is this ‘change’ in the way we play which basically excludes Smallwood and Evans. Focus is now on the young lads Iv mentioned to play on the half turn talinhbthe ball from centre halves.

Johnson seen as an upgraded version of Smallwood and Evans...

Just now, JHRover said:

Seems strange to me. Surely if there were doubts about him or his character that would be looked at well before terms were offered and agreed?

If Mowbray doesn't fancy/rate Smallwood/Evans then they need consigning to the history books NOW, rather than 'by Christmas'. 

Exactly my question. Looks to have moved quickly once Lampard confirmed out and Cocu in (done yesterday).