BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, briansol said:

Imagine Raya in the Brentford goal defending an inswinging corner from Mulgrew....

Mulgrew would probably score it but then our defence with Mulgrew in it will let in their customary three goals in two minutes.

• Like 1

Blackburn are expected to submit a formal bid for Southampton’s Sam Gallagher today, Sky Sports News understands. 

We revealed that Blackburn have been in talks with the Saints since last week – but there is also interest from Wigan. 

Southampton want a deal of around £5m for the former England U20 striker, who spent last season on loan at Birmingham City.

43 minutes ago, ewoodnews said:

Cairney is not a 20m player due to that fact that no one has paid that for him and thus until he is sold again he is only worth what Fulham paid for him. 

That's some of the weakest logic I've ever seen. Ryan Giggs never moved clubs in his career. Was he worthless then? It might be hard to pin an exact value on a player until he moves, but if Cairney was available for the paltry 4 million we sold him for, there'd be a list of clubs interested in him as long as your arm by the end of the day.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Blackburn are expected to submit a formal bid for Southampton’s Sam Gallagher today, Sky Sports News understands. 

We revealed that Blackburn have been in talks with the Saints since last week – but there is also interest from Wigan. 

Southampton want a deal of around £5m for the former England U20 striker, who spent last season on loan at Birmingham City.

That would be a complete waste of the Raya money in my view.

• Like 2

Very sad to see Raya go- he has pulled off numerous world class saves whilst at Rovers and I still think he will become a major force in the game.

Whoever the new keeper is, he is going to have to be a class act to be better than David.

• Like 8

That fella on derby forum was right then about johnson, if he was also correct about butterfield then surely smallwood and evans need to be shipped out. 

Happy with midfield now, but only if chapman is fit, if not we need a winger.

Then one striker and a centre half would do it. Then maybe a couple of cheeky loans to bolster the squad.

No......oooooooo

So looks like we're selling Raya to fund a move for the fairly useless Gallagher.

Can this window get any worse?

Come on Wigan, pull your finger out.

• Like 1

Just now, briansol said:

Imagine Raya in the Brentford goal defending an inswinging corner from Mulgrew....

The lad has been privy to all the training ground work we have done on those corners, which Mulgrew admits is the only reason we score them. He and Brentford should be able to prepare perfectly for them.

Can only think that time will tell with Raya, he pulled off some worldies last season but also at times looked just as shot as what Jake Kean did before he was shipped out.

I think we may have let him go one season too soon, if it is for 2-3 million.

Just now, philipl said:

Very sad to see Raya go- he has pulled off numerous world class saves whilst at Rovers and I still think he will become a major force in the game.

Whoever the new keeper is, he is going to have to be a class act to be better than David.

Well said Phillip. Completely agree.

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

That's some of the weakest logic I've ever seen. Ryan Giggs never moved clubs in his career. Was he worthless then? It might be hard to pin an exact value on a player until he moves, but if Cairney was available for the paltry 4 million we sold him for, there'd be a list of clubs interested in him as long as your arm by the end of the day.

But its "paper money" until someone does pay 20M for him .

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Ok.

Leutwiler 30

Mulgrew 33

Bennett 31 in December

Johnson 32

Downing 35 in July

Graham 34 in August

Evans and Smallwood 30 next year.

That's eight. That accurate enough for you and how many do you want?

Come on Rev

Bell 25

Lenihan 25

Nyambe 21

Travis 21

Armstrong 22

Dack 25

Chapman 21

Brereton 20

Davenport 20

that's 9 that you would expect to be around the matchday 18 all 25 or under

• Like 1

Ok.

Leutwiler 30

Mulgrew 33

Bennett 31 in December

Johnson 32

Downing 35 in July

Graham 34 in August

Evans and Smallwood 30 next year.

That's eight. That accurate enough for you and how many do you want?

You left out two thirds of the squad

I wonder why that is? 

Oh ya,it wouldn't suit your silly and incorrect argument to include them. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

Things starting to tick along then.

Worrying if we needed to wait for Raya to practically seal his move before we could start moving on this one - doesnt say much for our supposed budget. 

Just now, JacknOry said:

Things starting to tick along then.

Worrying if we needed to wait for Raya to practically seal his move before we could start moving on this one - doesnt say much for our supposed budget. 

Or maybe accepting a bid and making one around the same time during the transfer window is just a perfectly normal thing? 

• Like 1

No......oooooooo

So looks like we're selling Raya to fund a move for the fairly useless Gallagher.

???

Yes. Have you forgotten about the windows before Mowbray arrived? I wouldn't blame you if you did. 

• Like 2

Central midfielders in their late 20s are at their peak physically.

Now I don’t rate Smallwood and Evans (both 28) one bit, but to try and tag them as ‘old’ to back up your argument is a bit silly Rev.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

No......oooooooo

Good window so far, Gallagher notched 11/12 goals in a relegation side so I would welcome him as well.

Or maybe accepting a bid and making one around the same time during the transfer window is just a perfectly normal thing? 

or ...we  had to wait for the new Home shirts to go on on sale to fund our bidding...? 

• Like 1

Just now, Peteb2014 said:

Come on Rev

Bell 25

Lenihan 25

Nyambe 21

Travis 21

Armstrong 22

Dack 25

Chapman 21

Brereton 20

Davenport 20

that's 9 that you would expect to be around the matchday 18 all 25 or under

Come on Pete.

Out of those only Dack and Lenihan could be considered regular starters.

Maybe Travis as well but now Johnson has come in who knows?

Sam Gallagher and Ben Brereton 

Huge gamble here. Can we afford this style of purchase?

Fits the overall direction of the club's transfer policy: young, British and potential. However, this is a huge risk to have so much money in two players when the more sensible strategy would be to spread that over several positions. 

Why is everyone suddenly saying we have an old squad...

Lenihan, Nyambe, Chapman, Nuttall, Armstrong, Brereton, Davenport, Bell, Travis, we have far more younger players than older. It is important to have a good mix. 

Gallagher i am unsure of, I would rather see a good defender signed with a goalkeeper and then splash the rest on a Jonathan Kodja or Assombalonga and see what we can do. 

• Like 1