BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

For people who know and are involved in football the choice should be simple. Want a big commanding keeper? Go and get Fraser Forster. It's simple, don't fuck about, call his agent and get him up here ASAP. There should be no other options. Get it done. 

• Like 8

Just now, JacknOry said:

I can understand that and the logic behind us selling him but I personally think we should have brought in stiffer competition for him or to even push him down to number two. Of course, who is to say he didnt want that and he decided he would rather leave.

Just feel that Raya is getting perhaps a little too much blame when our defence as a whole was a shambles. I will be hugely disappointed if we don't strengthen the backline as TM has been hinting at lately - as they would to me suggest that Raya has been made the scapegoat a little bit. 

I agree ..just that one off season defensively as a team probably cost him his place at rovers. Not all on Rayas shoulders as we all know but unfortunately the keeper gets the brunt of it BUT there has to be  changes to our back four as well or its a pointless sale.

We need a confident back five ..we are a long way from that at the moment ..a lack of confidence with those around you will cost you whoever you are.

• Like 1

Just now, Neal said:

For people who know and are involved in football the choice should be simple. Want a big commanding keeper? Go and get Fraser Forster. It's simple, don't fuck about, call his agent and get him up here ASAP. There should be no other options. Get it done. 

Unfortunately it's never that simple, though I admire the sentiment. 

Just now, Neal said:

I'd be delighted and shocked if we signed Fraser Foster. I just don't see us stumping the transfer fee, the wages or him wanting to join Rovers.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Forster is under contract until 2022 and on PL wages.

A loan at best, surely?

60 - 70k per week from what I have been reading. Hence the trouble at Southampton getting shot and him finding a club. A bit of a Rodwell situation.

Just now, The Hypnotic said:

Kalinic did pretty well after leaving us as well. 

Shay Given

Mame Deouf

Nzonzi

Phil Jones (monetarily and trophy wise)

Rochina

Just a few off the top of my head.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Shay Given

Mame Deouf

Nzonzi

Phil Jones (monetarily and trophy wise)

Rochina

Just a few off the top of my head.

Can we say Zidane and Lewandowski?

Just now, Admiral Nelsen said:

Scott Dann too, recently

You would also have to say a certain Shane Duffy as much as it pains to say.

Josh King as well.

Edited by JacknOry

Johnson is a steady signing who should be a better partner for Travis than Evans. £3 Million for Raya is good money but it must be reinvested, David Marshall on a free would be my choice of goalkeeper and use the Raya money to help improve the defence. £5 Million for Gallagher is crazy money I would pay £3 Million at the most for him, I would be disappointed that if for £5 Million we couldn't get a better striker than Gallagher.

• Like 4

Just now, Biz said:

Think Alex McCarthy is on a free? As in one from Southampton - Angus Gunn was No1 last year 

I have read Liverpool are interested in McCarthy 

Get a £5 million bid in for Darren Randolph. He is top a top quality keeper.  I don't  know how he isn't playing in the Premier league. 

Actually edit, just read he is being linked with Stoke for 10 million as Butlands replacement 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

IVE been highly critical of Mowbray so I’m going to give him credit where it’s due. I think downing, Johnson and gallagher (if he comes) will improve or squad And first team. Going forward we will be a threat to anybody with a nice mix of youth and experience.

however , if he doesn’t get at least a CB and an experienced keeper we are still going to struggle. If by the end of the window he has addressed this issue then we should have a lot to look forward to.

if Gallagher comes then were does this leave Ben . I like to loan him out the way gallagher has And Be ready for next season when Danny may be struggling. 

I don’t want Raya to leave but he is replaceable and their are better options out there  for our immediate future. Starting with leutwiler is an absolute no no. He has to make a keeper his number 1 priority the second Raya signs his contract.

so, so far so good. Now address the issues that need addressing and clear out some deadwood and all is well

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

New keeper 

Nyambe Lenihan New CB  Bell

Johnson Travis 

Rothwell     Dack      Downing 

Graham 

We are getting there I think. A good mix of experience and youth. Decent bench too. 

Dont think theres any chance of getting near the play offs with those full backs. Bell is crap, Nyambe I quite like but hes prone to big dips in form and we need someone else there too. 

Also, I've never seen Rothwell play as a right winger and I'd be very dissapointed to see Downing start the season over Armstrong and Chapman.

Johnson is a good addition, we need a couple of full backs as well as, as you say, a keeper and CB. Striker would be a lower priority than all of that.

Sadly, I suspect that Bennett is going to continue to be first name on the team sheet.

What I have heard and is by no means gospel. Raya leaves today, mowbray has options of hart, Forster, ruddy all available on different deals which we pay hefty wages for. Gallagher bid today, medical over weekend, confirmed Monday. Far Down the line with a prem lg defender loan, what position I couldn’t tell you. Mowbray wants to play mcgloire a lot as he rates him. I don’t see much more than that after gk, defender and Gallagher. Perhaps another loan 

18 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I’m ambivalent to the sale really. 

But just because he was ‘getting a bit of stick’ , doesn’t mean people were clambering for him to be sold.

Yeah know what you mean, ideally would have been to keep Raya and get in another,as competition, but looks like he’s getting some dosh in, to buy Gallagher and C/B, still think Ruddy could end up here, 1 year left on contract at Wolves.

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

IVE been highly critical of Mowbray so I’m going to give him credit where it’s due. I think downing, Johnson and gallagher (if he comes) will improve or squad And first team. Going forward we will be a threat to anybody with a nice mix of youth and experience.

however , if he doesn’t get at least a CB and an experienced keeper we are still going to struggle. If by the end of the window he has addressed this issue then we should have a lot to look forward to.

if Gallagher comes then were does this leave Ben . I like to loan him out the way gallagher has And Be ready for next season when Danny may be struggling. 

I don’t want Raya to leave but he is replaceable and their are better options out there  for our immediate future. Starting with leutwiler is an absolute no no. He has to make a keeper his number 1 priority the second Raya signs his contract.

so, so far so good. Now address the issues that need addressing and clear out some deadwood and all is well

Totally agree. I'm in a different place about TM, but I think those of us in the /sun shines out of his arse' brigade recognise that bringing in a good centre back (and now a good keeper) is absolutely massive. 

I'm comfortable with Ben and Gally, if that's who it turns out to be, fighting out to be second/third choice. Plenty of three game weeks in this division, and whilst Graham is having an indian summer, wouldn't bank on him staying fit throughout. They'll both get gametime imo. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Neal said:

Yes, and Kamil Grosciki and I'd be happy

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

What I have heard and is by no means gospel. Raya leaves today, mowbray has options of hart, Forster, ruddy all available on different deals which we pay hefty wages for. Gallagher bid today, medical over weekend, confirmed Monday. Far Down the line with a prem lg defender loan, what position I couldn’t tell you. Mowbray wants to play mcgloire a lot as he rates him. I don’t see much more than that after gk, defender and Gallagher. Perhaps another loan 

Just have to hope that you are right in saying that it isnt gospel based on the levels of neglect that would show towards the defence.

• Like 1