BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

What about Emiliano Martinez that was on loan at Reading last season? According to that graph doing the rounds, he pretty much kept them up looking at his stats.

Never going to get a game at Arsenal you would imagine and has pent the last six seasons out on loan.

6 ft 5, 26 years old.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

To put it simply, I would rather we had someone who we had more confidence in between the sticks, than chance another season on somebody whose confidence looks shot, just on the basis that he's young and will supposedly come properly good in five years' time.

I'd say Raya's confidence looks damaged not shot. His mooted number one replacement option (according to some), Hart, now that's a lad whose confidence is shot.

If we replace Raya with Hart and, as suggested in those posts, use most or all of the Raya fee as the signing on fee to make it happen, it's horrendous business.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I would be disappointed that if for £5 Million we couldn't get a better striker than Gallagher.

Careful what you wish for - we can always push it to £7 million.

Edited by CD_93
  • Like 1

• Backroom

IF we got Darlow in place of Raya, that would turn this window into a net (pun not intended) positive for me.

Still needs a hardman centre back, and probably a striker too.

Let's not forget we'll need to let a few go too:

Samuel out and Nuttall on loan at the least. Possibly Smallwood out too.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 3

Darlow was suggested but due to Newcastle’s situation they aren’t selling anyone until new manager comes in and assessed. They didn’t want to sell Pérez but Leicester met trigger. I believe raya won’t be concluded until one of the three we are going for is confirmed 

Just now, Hi Mack said:

If the Raya deal is imminent I'm sure his replacement has already been sorted unofficially. If that is Darlow I'd expect a deal to be concluded pretty sharpish.

Agreed, no way someone as pragmatic as TM doesnt have his replacement almost boxed off if Raya is at medical stage with Brentford

That said he does love a new position each season for Benno. Benno in goal maybe

Edited by FGS5635
  • Like 3

Well seems like things are starting to pick up. Wasn’t the biggest fan of the downing signing and reckon he’ll end up just being a waste of wages but I can see the reasoning behind that move in bringing in experience. 

I think the Bradley Johnson’s signing is a coup for us, no doubt he is on the older side but having just turned 32 he still hasn’t some ears in him, over the past  4/5 seasons he’s been one of the best midfielders in the league.

As I have previously stated I am disappointed about  Raya, think he will grow to be a really good keeper with so many years ahead of him. However if we’re to sell him and bring in Darlow them that flips the situation a touch, Darlow is at the  moment a much better all round keeper and has prem and championship  experience, aswell as being at the age of 28 he is entering his prime. Would significantly strengthen that area for us from last year.

I think Gallagher is a risk, and far too much of one at 5million, wouldn’t payback anything more than 3million imo. Hasn’t lit the place up at any place he’s be been and even during his best season (with us) he had man doubters. Think we could do better for that money.

starting to pick up tho!

• Like 1

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Isn't Gallagher like Brereton,  big and useless?

Nah, he's far better in the air, scored quite a few headers in his time here (see video). Mobile, good work-rate and quick as well.  I don't think there is a lot of options available in England for 5 million, when even centre backs from League One moves for 6 million. Would have to do a foreign gamble to find better for that money I think. Not a spectacular choice, but an improvement of the squad. Would probably fit a lot better to our new playing style with more pass and move, than as a target man.

• Like 3

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Isn't Gallagher like Brereton,  big and useless?

Gallagher scored 11 Championship goals for us - at the same age Brereton is now and with over half a season under Coyle - which would have put him above 3 other forwards of ours last season.

Edited by CD_93
  • Like 2