BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

18 hours ago, USABlue said:

Perhaps the penny has finally dropped that Premier league football will eradicate their losses AND increase their brand visibility.  Maybe now they want to go for it.

Bit early for that.

18 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

No need to apologize for a different opinion.

Take your first point, we were tremendous that night. Was that the first time we had Travis and Reed in centre mid together?

Second point, not sure if that’s the best analogy. Evans in league 1 was probably statically our best player but we all knew better.

Im just disappointed in type we have been after. 

We need a quality CH,CM,CF and probably a right winger on loan. Nae Pensioners!!

"statically"?!!

On reflection........!!!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I have read Liverpool are interested in McCarthy 

Get a £5 million bid in for Darren Randolph. He is top a top quality keeper.  I don't  know how he isn't playing in the Premier league. 

Actually edit, just read he is being linked with Stoke for 10 million as Butlands replacement 

Suuurprise. Bigging up the Irish again

Gallagher is shit. Why doesn't mowbary show some balls and try something different for a change?  The guy is stuck in the 90s. Most manager these days, cast their net far and wide, this guy either sniffs around his old clubs or brings back ex players. Zero ambition

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Gallagher is shit. Why doesn't mowbary show some balls and try something different for a change?  The guy is stuck in the 90s. Most manager these days, cast their net far and wide, this guy either sniffs around his old clubs or brings back ex players. Zero ambition

You do know that the player that we have signed today has never played under him before don't you

Edited by Peteb2014
  • Like 2

If Raya could command the 6 yard box he would be a class keeper, trouble is he doesn’t won’t nor will he ever do! Cash in whilst we can and get a quality keeper in, happy with links to Darlow.

Gally would be a quality addition, can play different styles, would complement both Graham and BB, win headers, play central,or wide or just go direct with a 4-4-2 formation when required especially with a quality supply line in Dack and Downing.

Looks like patience is paying off for some????

• Like 3

Just now, 1864roverite said:

If Raya could command the 6 yard box he would be a class keeper, trouble is he doesn’t won’t nor will he ever do! Cash in whilst we can and get a quality keeper in, happy with links to Darlow.

Gally would be a quality addition, can play different styles, would complement both Graham and BB, win headers, play central,or wide or just go direct with a 4-4-2 formation when required especially with a quality supply line in Dack and Downing.

Looks like patience is paying off for some????

Ya, I think that's what was at the back of my mind about Raya. I can never see him commanding his area. Too small. Keepers don't get the same protection in the championship as they do in the premier league or definitely not as much as in European competition. They actually get too much protection in my opinion! 

I saw the way lenihan looked at Raya a few times last season and thought something isn't right here. He was expecting him to come for things, which he didn't do, or on other occasions he came for the ball and made a well balls of it. 

My one worry about selling Raya would be that he is being made a scapegoat for the amount of goals conceded last season and that Mowbray thinks getting rid is the answer to sorting out the goals against column. Whilst Raya was to blame for his fair share of goals conceded he was far from the only one.

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, roverandout said:

You never fail to not surprise me... even allowing for the fact that the last couple of years he hasn't done much the highlights reel of some of the goals he scored for us last time suggest he isn't 'shit'. 

You might also want to consider throwing out a few alternative names at the same time as dissing everything that's going on.

• Like 1

Worst defence in the league weaker through the loss of Downing and Rodwell and still being coached by the same staff.

If Mowbray doesn't address that soon he needs help. 

Darlow would be an excellent addition in my opinion but without structural changes to the defence it may well be pointless.

• Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

My one worry about selling Raya would be that he is being made a scapegoat for the amount of goals conceded last season and that Mowbray thinks getting rid is the answer to sorting out the goals against column. Whilst Raya was to blame for his fair share of goals conceded he was far from the only one.

That will be a concern until we bring in a new centre half.

TM keeps his cards close to his chest - so let's keep fingers crossed

• Backroom

Let me get this right:

A striker who scored 11 goals for us (with half a season under Owen Coyle) is 'shit'? Best not tell Danny Graham as he only scored one more that year. 

• Like 5

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

True and I have the same feeling. 

Just now, JHRover said:

Worst defence in the league weaker through the loss of Downing and Rodwell and still being coached by the same staff.

If Mowbray doesn't address that soon he needs help. 

Darlow would be an excellent addition in my opinion but without structural changes to the defence it may well be pointless.

Weaker through the loss of Downing and Rodwell? Mmm, not sure about that one, at all! 

How many games did they play combined last season at centre half, around 5?

I think a new dominant keeper, with better communication will make a huge difference, even with those currently here. Still need another centre half though. 

I may be in the minority but I’d be happy with Gallagher, unfairly judged on a horrendous season with us when he was playing with poor players for a poor manager. Still scored some good goals that year. 

I would still like us to sign another winger, a Jamal Lowe or a Marcus Maddison - can also play left back. Then when we were chasing a game it would give us chapman one side, new winger on the other, Johnson and Travis/ Davenport holding, and a combo of either graham/ brereton or Gallagher/ Armstrong depending on the opposition. 

Downing is more of a holding winger than a bomb these days. I don’t like Armstrong or rothwell on the wing 

get rid of Smallwood, nuttall, Samuel and Evans for me 

If the going rate for Sam Gallagher is 5 million then Raya for 3 million is a steal. Don’t get me wrong Raya made some horrendous errors but with his age, potential and contract not up until 2021 I’d want more. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

I may be in the minority but I’d be happy with Gallagher, unfairly judged on a horrendous season with us when he was playing with poor players for a poor manager. Still scored some good goals that year. 

I would still like us to sign another winger, a Jamal Lowe or a Marcus Maddison - can also play left back. Then when we were chasing a game it would give us chapman one side, new winger on the other, Johnson and Travis/ Davenport holding, and a combo of either graham/ brereton or Gallagher/ Armstrong depending on the opposition. 

Downing is more of a holding winger than a bomb these days. I don’t like Armstrong or rothwell on the wing 

Can't disagree with any of that - particularly the deadwood we need to shift.

• Like 1

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Where would you have Rothwell then? Not really anywhere for him other than the wing.