BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, tomphil said:

I'm liking the sound of Darlow if hope it comes off that's a solid piece of business if you're going to lose a young keeper with potential but replace him with another not much older, more experienced and still of potential for similar money.  Yep good deal indeed !

Yeah don't think many would complain at a mil on top of Raya's fee for someone with that amount of experience and quality. Still, id want a bloody CB coming in and fullbacks looked at.

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, jim mk2 said:

Good points, well made.

PS I'm not your "pal"

With that attitude I'm amazed you have any. We northerners are meant to be a friendly bunch.

• Like 9

Just now, JacknOry said:

Yeah don't think many would complain at a mil on top of Raya's fee for someone with that amount of experience and quality. Still, id want a bloody CB coming in and fullbacks looked at.

Yep I just don't see why the defence should be neglected when they appear to be trying to strengthen all other areas yet that was the weakest last season.

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

I hate "pal" too Jim .. working in Burnley ..they all f@cking say it !!!

It's ignorant and abusive in my book, but apparently a sign of "friendliness".

Anyway, back to the overpriced prospective new goalkeeper. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mike E said:

You're looking at 2 years in the PL. In the Championship for Newcastle he played 30-odd games (promotion form, no less), previous to that at Forest he was their starting keeper for 3 years, and a very solid one too.

His lowest rate of clean sheets in the Championship is 25% in his first half-season as a mainstay for Forest in 12/13, followed by 28% in 13/14, and 29% in 14/15.

Then for Newcastle in the Championship in 16/17 it was 38%.

If he can help us keep an average of 1 clean sheet every 3 games, I'm happy.

Sure, I know it's 2 years in the PL. I'm not questioning it by saying 'Oh he mustn't have been good enough', because I saw that was in the Prem. My point is he's not been getting regular football for 2 seasons and that can cause players to go backwards. Basically I'm just saying we don't know what his current form would be, so it seems a lot with that in mind. Those are good clean sheet stats. Most of them are from a long time ago, but they're good. Thanks for posting those.

1 hour ago, unsall said:

Funny how Downing was bang average when we signed him, but when we got rid he was decent, Rodwell hasn’t gone yet, but if he does pretty certain we’ll bring in a decent C/B, IMO we will be stronger when August comes.

Is August one of the foreign players TM was talking about ???? 

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

Sure, I know it's 2 years in the PL. I'm not questioning it by saying 'Oh he mustn't have been good enough', because I saw that was in the Prem. My point is he's not been getting regular football for 2 seasons and that can cause players to go backwards. Basically I'm just saying we don't know what his current form would be, so it seems a lot with that in mind. Those are good clean sheet stats. Most of them are from a long time ago, but they're good. Thanks for posting those.

It could also be that a move to Ewood would give the impetus he needs and reinvigorate him to his former glories, if not Ashley should be bankrupted for false selling ?

Edited by blue_n_white99

Just now, jim mk2 said:

A week in South London and you'd be a dribbling mess if you find "pal" ignorant and abusive 

Stats would suggest he's a decent keeper and you really think £4m is over priced in today's market? 

• Like 2

Just now, blue_n_white99 said:

It could also be that a move to Ewood would give the impetus he needs and reinvigorate him to his former glories, if not Ashley should be bankrupted for false selling 8-)

It could be. I just get a little wary of that kind of money for players who might need impetus and reinvigorating. If we get him, hopefully it works out well for us though.

General question - if we do sign a keeper like this, but sell Raya, do people think we still need another, better, backup keeper?

Just now, ChickenBolty said:

Are people really offended by somebody referring to them as "pal". 

I'd be surprised if any of you have any with an attitude like that. 

You can call me whatever you want, just don't call me late for dinner

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

A week in South London and you'd be a dribbling mess if you find "pal" ignorant and abusive 

Stats would suggest he's a decent keeper and you really think £4m is over priced in today's market? 

Apart from watching Rovers, I wouldn't voluntarily go anywhere near south London - it's one of the armpits of England.

Yes, I do think £4m is too much. 

Edited by jim mk2

Just now, ChickenBolty said:

Are people really offended by somebody referring to them as "pal". 

I'd be surprised if any of you have any with an attitude like that. 

I find it more amusing that it has taken a post like that on a BRFCs forum to make you post your 7th comment in two years. Surely there has been plenty more controversial over the years?

Edited by JacknOry

• Backroom
Just now, jim mk2 said:

Sheltered life syndrome.

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Apart from watching Rovers, I wouldn't voluntarily go anywhere near south London - it's one of the armpits of England.

Yes, I do think £4m is too much. 

Where's the ball sack?

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

You work in Burnley. 

Fair enough. What would you be happy paying? 

I've never worked in Burnley, which is utopia compared to sarf London. Try again.

I'd have thought £2m maximum for Darlow.  

Just now, JacknOry said:

I find it more amusing that it has taken a post like that on a BRFCs forum to make you post your 7th comment in two years. Surely there has been plenty more controversial over the years?

I'm a positive person 'pal' so try not to get involved with all the negativity on here. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mike E said:

Sheltered life syndrome.

Standards dear boy. Calling someone "pal", in person or on here, is poor. 

Anyway, how can I be his pal when I've never met him?