BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

That's how most clubs work..

Yep.

How often have we heard TM complain that it's difficult to sign players because other Clubs won't let them go until they have replacements lined up.

• Like 1

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Brilliant player is Brophy. Lightning quick, good finisher. Watched him vs Hibs a couple of times last year and he was a nightmare.

There will be Goodwille comparisons 

Where does he play? Out and out forward?

So I'm going to try to list all the players we have who can play in DM or CM (not sure which we will end up using in the 'new system'). I may forgot someone, as there are so fucking many. I'm not talking about whether they are good there, just whether they have a run of experience there.

Downing, Johnson, Travis, Smallwood, Evans, Davenport, Bennett, Rothwell, Mulgrew.

Coming through, Buckley and Lyons.

Potentially Rodwell, though I reckon that ship has sailed. You can also say Dack really, though he's very unlikely to play there (Mulgrew probably is too).

So even if we take those three out, we have 8 players for 2 positions, and also two youngsters coming through.

Why are we even entertaining the thought of bringing Adam in (plus letting Butterfield train with maybe a deal there in mind)? Even Tony 'I collect centre mids' Mowbray must know we have far too many already and need to shed some. I'm thinking we have fielded some interest in Smallwood? Maybe even Evans. Please god not Travis.

I can see how Tony might be starting to think that Adam can be part of a possession game squad, maybe as Johnson's backup. Definitely should shift people first. Even if we do the thought fills me with a degree of trepidation.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, yeti-dog said:

Yawn - you love to spout off at others yet can't help throwing this nonsense out on a regular basis. Boring...

We all know what you don't want but I never get much sense of anything positive from you.

Go on surprise us (and maybe yourself) - give us some names of players you'd like to see us sign but make sure you get your tin hat on...    

Frasier Forster.

39 minutes ago, Mike E said:

@Scotland1 Any opinion? Scored 1 in 3 since being at Kilmarnock, who finished 3rd last year and seems a good 'inbetween' age at 23.

Seems like a tidy target for, allegedly, just under £1m?

Uckin awful player. Zero ability. Couldn't even hack it against San Marino. Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel

A bit more in the LT about Raya. Seems the Spanish keeper coach at Brentford was a big reason and that Raya was motivated to leave. Good luck to him I say.

Mowbray talks about recruiting another keeper and having the Raya money to use. Seems a win win - Let’s see how it pans out.

seperate note - there’s a video of Barrows goal yesterday on Twitter. The save from Fisher to tip the free kick onto the bar is amazing. Unfortunately it gets followed in. But worth a watch. 

Edited by Paul Mani

6 hours ago, USABlue said:

Adams, Downing the sky is falling, the world is coming to an end.  Fire Mowbary, clubs going down.  Find myself wondering the what the reactions on this board would be when we signed past it players like David Wagstaffe and tried to save a bob or two with an inexperienced manager who has to play too cos we are so cheap, Howard Kendall.  Such one trick show ponies as Duncan McKenzie non league keepers like Arnold.  Kin hell it would be bedlam.

Well there's the hyperbole you requested Bob!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

A bit more in the LT about Raya. Seems the keeper coach was a big reason and that Raya was motivated to leave. Good luck to him I say.

Mowbray talks about recruiting another keeper and having the Raya money to use. Seems a win win - Let’s see how it pans out.

seperate note - there’s a video of Barrows goal yesterday on Twitter. The save from Fisher to tip the free kick onto the bar is amazing. Unfortunately it gets followed in. But worth a watch. 

So we lose Raya and keep the coach!

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So anyone who doesn't agree with you is automatically on the wind up?

No "winding up" whatsoever intended on my part. My impression of last season was that the momentum from winning promotion got us off to a solid start which just about got us over the line as we were well and truly found out in the last two thirds or so of the season.

I've just checked back to see if the stats co-included with my impression and it appears that in the second half of last season we got 23 points from 19 games so imo with Mulgrew and Graham in particular well on the decline and not getting any younger we're in desperate trouble unless we improve very substantially.

For me the business conducted and names linked so far are absolutely desperate and that was even before the loss of Raya which I am gutted about as I think he's a good keeper now and will go onto be a top class one.

So apologies if I'm posting frequently but it's a reflection of how serious the trouble I think we are in is. If for the sake of argument we'd not sold Raya, and signed Hanley, Reed and Assombalonga permanently I'd never be off here crowing what great business we'd done!

If it keeps everyone happier I'll limit the "we're doomed" stuff to a posting or two a day. As things stand it won't change my view though and what are you supposed to do if you think we're in very serious trouble? Sit back and say nothing or keep repeating your thoughts in the hope  eventually the penny drops and someone somewhere takes some notice?

If I didn't care, it wouldn't bother me.

If you're so into 'checking back' we lost 1 game to Norwich from April onwards and we probably should have had a point there in all fairness. If last season had carried on another month we'd probably have been in the play offs. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ossydave said:

If you're so into 'checking back' we lost 1 game to Norwich from April onwards and we probably should have had a point there in all fairness. If last season had carried on another month we'd probably have been in the play offs. 

Would we hell! We were 14 points adrift!

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Haha there was no typo. I read your personal jibe. Kudos for editing it so quickly though... ??

LOL! I always put typo, it saves time! I could have put "thought better of it".

It was meant as a joke but I realised after it didn't read like one!

Just now, Ossydave said:

Eh? Norwich were far, far better than us in that game. Along with the Sheff U game early in the season, probably the most outclassed we looked all season.

Just now, 47er said:

LOL! I always put typo, it saves time! I could have put "thought better of it".

It was meant as a joke but I realised after it didn't read like one!

You know you can leave the reason blank?

Just now, bluebruce said:

Eh? Norwich were far, far better than us in that game. Along with the Sheff U game early in the season, probably the most outclassed we looked all season.

We should have scored a few second half, granted they made us look amateur first half

The season was very good overall. Outside of that bad period we probably collected points in line with 6th - 8th in the league.

The issues that lead us into the downturn such as squad depth in particular at CB where we were unable to adequately manage during Lenihans injury or rash decisions from our keeper, the inability to change our style of play due to lack of ability and the failure of our new star signing (BB) to make an impact in those moments all contributed. The Manager should have seen the potential for the defence to crumble especially when he let Downing go but I do think Mulgrews deterioration was so fast.

So yes, the rational decision is to deal with what went wrong and then look to replicate (and build) on what we did well.

imo we need a GK, CB and CF. I 100% believe we will get all three.

I don’t want Adam but I think his (TM)obsession with them now is more down to the change in play that he’s trying to implement. He’s flushing out Smallwood and Evans who are miles behind Adam and Butterfield in terms of technical quality on the ball.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 2