BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, JHRover said:

Quite obvious that Dann would be too expensive. 

One hell of a gamble to go after people out of our financial range in the hope they drop demands down to our level.

I could see this one having legs. There’s links between the management team and Dann. Plus Dann is a scouser so a move up North might suit. Could come down to what other options are available. 

For what it’s worth, I’ve since found out that the Bradley Johnson transfer was a scouting job and was planned ready for the eventuality of Lampard leaving as it was he who wanted Johnson to stay. 

• Like 7

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Can someone screenshot his tweet as I’m blocked from good ol’ Al!! 

WIGAN. Clear to speak to Sam Gallagher by SOUTHAMPTON. 5m fee. Big attempt. BLACKBURN may match. Looks too high for BRENTFORD's valuation.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stuart said:

It’s a good question. Is it lack of money, or lack of ambition?

It’s hard to defend Venkys over Mowbray. But we are in the midst of a mini crisis and Mowbray himself says that he is telling Venkys not to spend.

Tbh, I’ve never heard of this Pontus person but it sounds like neither have our scouts.

We need a signing that all of our fans can get behind but I feel like this has been the case for about three years.

Last season when we were talking on here about a big all conquering centre half the name we mentioned a lot was someone like Pontus Janson. No he is available at an affordable price I can’t see why we won’t go in for him?

we supposedly have money to spend (we seem to want to spend £5million on another striker). I don’t see why Brentford would be offering higher wages than us? 

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

That Scott Dann link is gas. Can't be real, can it? I wonder would shearer come back? 

Why aren't we in for Janssen from leeds?? 

Under 30, never played for Boro or Coventry, played a lot last season, not British, defensive player that costs more than a few quid and a packet of hobnobs... basically fits none of our scouting criteria. 

• Like 6

I know they are only links but it does appear to be a scattergun approach by Mowbray and Rovers. I don't think I've read an interview recently which has given me too much hope. He has oscillated between signing defenders and sticking with what he has, waiting until late in the window, talked about signing young players and polishing them up, loaning players from PL clubs and other things. There just doesn't seem to be a firm plan in place but the buck has to stop with Mowbray.

• Like 3

Just now, arbitro said:

I know they are only links but it does appear to be a scattergun approach by Mowbray and Rovers. I don't think I've read an interview recently which has given me too much hope. He has oscillated between signing defenders and sticking with what he has, waiting until late in the window, talked about signing young players and polishing them up, loaning players from PL clubs and other things. There just doesn't seem to be a firm plan in place but the buck has to stop with Mowbray.

To be fair to TM ..he has kept signings well under wraps and that includes links. We tend to only find out a day or so before signing if not at all !

Just now, deryck guyler's spoon said:

Do you reckon?

I'm agnostic about the Bauer thing but if Gallagher chose Wigwam over us that would seriously damage my moral!

Not a chance Gallagher would choose Wigan over us. If he goes to Wigan it’s because we’ve decided to go elsewhere. We’ve got the money.

• Like 4

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Not a chance Gallagher would choose Wigan over us. If he goes to Wigan it’s because we’ve decided to go elsewhere. We’ve got the money.

Hope you're right (about the money if not Gallagher) I'm not sure about him but you can see how this will be spun if he joins Wigan. This place will be more toxic than Chernobyl.

Just now, arbitro said:

What makes you think it’s scattergun? So far it would seem that we’ve signed two and missed out on two (Maher and Bauer). The rest appear to be a combination of agents and journo’s surmising. There are a few worrying about the order of those signings as if clubs won’t move on their second priority signing until they’ve signed the first. 

The signings happen when the players become available.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Surely if we wanted Gallagher it would have been done by now? We have been linked with him for the past year.

I think its another one that will be left as late as a possible to get the price down. 

I'd personally rather play Ben but let's see how it pans out.

43 minutes ago, Rochdale_rover said:

It was Nixon he now saying Hanley loan unlikely so gone for Dann

Oh how Nixon must laugh at fans when he makes this shit up unearths these scoops.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

As things stand it won't change my view though and what are you supposed to do if you think we're in very serious trouble? Sit back and say nothing or keep repeating your thoughts in the hope  eventually the penny drops and someone somewhere takes some notice?

Latter. This is BRFCS though.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Boroblue said:

It’s not about individuals it’s about philosophy. We are looking at players like downing and Adams while Brentford yes Brentford sign our goalkeeper and it appears one of the best centre half’s in the league. 

Fortunately we don’t need defenders we need ageing midfielders.

According to our leader Venkies are desperate to spend. I can only assume that the Leeds guy doesn’t meet our managers requirements and we have irons in the fire.

To be honest I’m sick off old pros rolling up getting a pay day and wandering off. If venkies have money get it spent.

McGinn, can’t pay the wages others can’t pay the fee clubs are greedy. Our youngsters can’t be rushed and you have to be loyal to your senior pros. Nobodies driven out here( gladwin, smallwood Evans). 

I hope this comes back to bite me because I’m not sure where this recruitment, retainment and promotion  methodology is going. It is to use one word bizarre.

They are simply plugging gaps whilst growing a team but whether it's for a promotion tilt of to sell off and start again is anyones guess.  What's clear is they won't pay for ready made players it either has to be potential for profit or short term big wage stop gaps with no fee.

Custom designed to sit in the middle of the division under the steady hand manager.  Wouldn't be so bad if they didn't pretend otherwise.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, J*B said:

If you all carry on bickering rather than talking about transfers I will start banning people. First and last warning.

Just an FYI - nobody can say they weren't warned.

19 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

We’ve made two free transfers, having lost Conway and Rodwell off the wage bill and seemingly selling Raya will allow us to spend, but we need to replace him.

Is there any real evidence that “we’ve got the money”?

• Like 2