BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would just take that to mean the money will be added to what is there currently. Particularly as they have stated in record we have money to spend 

I'm actually relived to read Mowbray say we will sign a keeper. I had a bad feeling we wouldn't. 

Reading some comments from Wigan fans on twitter. They can't get their heads around them bidding 5 million for someone. 

That suggests then that we have £10m (last years spend) plus the Raya fee (let’s say £3m).

£13m plus wages?

Honestly fella, I find that extraordinarily hard to believe. If we had that kind of money we could have played hardball with Raya and Brentford while we got ourselves sorted.

As always, I really hope you are right!

• Like 1

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

To be fair he did do better at Palace.  He came with a good reputation but you got the impression pretty much from day one that he didn't want to be here.  During his time at Ewood though, he was generally poor and I thought he was pretty feeble in the air for a big lad. Also that association with K**n and being part of that era doesn't sit well.  

Yeah, he was distinctly average here. Always looked like he was playing within himself to me. That's a real no-no for a centre half. Plus the fact he seems a bit brittle fitness wise.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

That suggests then that we have £10m (last years spend) plus the Raya fee (let’s say £3m).

£13m plus wages?

Honestly fella, I find that extraordinarily hard to believe. If we had that kind of money we could have played hardball with Raya and Brentford while we got ourselves sorted.

As always, I really hope you are right!

We will know one way or another over the next 4 weeks I suppose 

Just now, Stuart said:

The actual tweet...

E6F527C6-81B8-4914-98EC-60D23384AC0E.jpeg.5c032651f3ccde3f582d9eb8a33d152a.jpeg

Weasel words that sound even more like BS.

Who is thinking about Scott Dann, Al? You? His agent? His mum?

Ya, well spotted. Thinking is a strange word to use there isn't it. How does he know what anyone is thinking? 

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

What about Adam, who slagged us off while at stoke....? He can sod off for me.

There was some theatrics from him in a Blackpool match at Ewood as well around the time we were linked.  Would have been a great signing at one point but now he's just another Paul Caddis as in he'd be alright if he was fit but he isn't and that's why he's pitched up here looking for a contract.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Stuart said:

We’ve made two free transfers, having lost Conway and Rodwell off the wage bill and seemingly selling Raya will allow us to spend, but we need to replace him.

Is there any real evidence that “we’ve got the money”?

Very much doubt it.

Don't think Rovers would mind these 'stories' out there as gives some fans the impression 'we mean business'.  They are hardly likely to come to fruition.  You do wonder who might just 'plant' these 'scoops'.  

• Like 2

Just now, tomphil said:

There was some theatrics from him in a Blackpool match at Ewood as well around the time we were linked.  Would have been a great signing at one point but now he's just another Paul Caddis as in he'd be alright if he was fit but he isn't and that's why he's pitched up here looking for a contract.

Pretty sure he is fit in fairness and there is a huge difference between him and Caddis. One look at their career history will show that! 

As I said, I think we have enough midfielders as things stand, so I'm just wondering who will leave if we do sign Adam. Smallwood surely, Evans? Buckley on loan makes sense. 

Just now, Mercer said:

Very much doubt it.

Don't think Rovers would mind these 'stories' out there as gives some fans the impression 'we mean business'.  They are hardly likely to come to fruition.  You do wonder who might just 'plant' these 'scoops'.  

Expect for the fact this was the line here all last summer and we spent over 10 million for a finish. 

Of all oldies we have signed over the last few years, I do think Adam had the most potential to be like a Tugay signing. He was never athletic, so I still think he could play his game pretty well  

I just think we have so many midfielders currently. 

Ultimately, Adam may be the player to pull the strings..but it all depends on the formation we want to play...as he will definitely need runners.  I'm guessing that Downing was earmarked for that role...but Adam is a more natural.  He is also completely limited to that position.

Problem is, nobody knows what this new wonder formation and  total football TM is going to unleash this year looks like! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Gally at £5mil or Brereton at £7mil.  I know which I would choose!

I'd heave kept my cheque book closed for BOTH.

If Mowbray and his team can't do better with £12million+ then time they were cleared out.

• Like 6

Pretty sure he is fit in fairness and there is a huge difference between him and Caddis. One look at their career history will show that! 

As I said, I think we have enough midfielders as things stand, so I'm just wondering who will leave if we do sign Adam. Smallwood surely, Evans? Buckley on loan makes sense. 

There's fit and there's fit, I liked Caddis but felt sorry for him as he was clearly struggling after 15 mins everytime I saw him but he tried his best.  Getting 45 mins out of Charlie Adam against a low league outfit with their own mixed first 11 after a summer off means fook all, sign him and he'll struggle you can guarantee it and all the ability in the world won't cover it.

Just another short term waste of money.

Just now, BigUts said:

REALLY hope the keeper is Ruddy. He was excellent in the cup games I saw him last season!

He'd be my choice.  Experienced keeper with both ability and pedigree.

• Like 4

Just now, Mercer said:

I'd heave kept my cheque book closed for BOTH.

If Mowbray and his team can't do better with £12million+ then time they were cleared out.

Will the next one pick up a Dack or Rothwell for pittance though?

You know this already, but the fact that good championship/ average premier league players can cost 20m says our outlay in the current climate is “poultry”...

• Like 2

Think folk getting confused with the budget, if it’s a 10 mil budget that doesn’t mean we can spend the 10 mil on transfer fees, it could be signing half a dozen on frees or more likely a mixture of transfer fees and freebies, all depends on wages.

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

There's fit and there's fit, I liked Caddis but felt sorry for him as he was clearly struggling after 15 mins everytime I saw him but he tried his best.  Getting 45 mins out of Charlie Adam against a low league outfit with their own mixed first 11 after a summer off means fook all, sign him and he'll struggle you can guarantee it and all the ability in the world won't cover it.

Just another short term waste of money.

I don't see how you can be so adamant that he is and will be unfit, but hey everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

Expect for the fact this was the line here all last summer and we spent over 10 million for a finish. 

Think we opened a drain cover and poured the best part of £10million down it!

• Like 1

Just been reading the story on Raya to Brentford on the BBC site and was struck by the bit I've pasted below. 

"Head Coach Thomas Frank told the club website: "He is a very good goalkeeper and fits the profile of player that we want at Brentford.

"He can play out from the back and is happy covering the space in behind, allowing us to play with a high line."

I've bolded the last sentence as I'm flummoxed. I never saw this Raya playing for us. Do you think their scouting department have dropped a bollock and got him mixed up with another keeper?

• Like 3

I don't see how you can be so adamant that he is and will be unfit, but hey everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

If I thought we could get some real use out of him i'd have no qualms he's a good player and always has been but the fact he's been struggling with a calf injury then released by Stoke and is now going around asking for trials waves the red flag a bit.

I'd take him over Evans any day of the week but not sure he'd be a shoe in for that spot even if he was fit more likely end up a right or left side substitute.

• Like 1