BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

6 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

Thinking about some of the names being linked with us it is striking how many have played for us before (Hanley, Dann, Gallagher..) 

It would be nice if the net was thrown out a bit wider. It's starting to feel like a strange footballing Groundhog day type approach to getting people in. 

There's so much more out there than just guys who used to play for us.

I was always told you should never go back (granted it was in relation to not going back out with ex's) but I think there's a lot to be said for taking that same approach in terms of footballing philosophy.

That's because mowbary has no connections. Just a yesterdays man. Most managers nowadays have databases on lots of different players, mowbary probably has the Middlesbrough website on his laptop, scratching through as many names as he can 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

As I said Friday, we have deals in place for three keepers ranging from loans with high wages to free transfers. I think we will have one by Wednesday. Darlow was never a go-er as I said due to Newcastle’s current situation manager wise. 

Gallagher deciding over weekend between us and Wigan, will be decided tomorrow who he has chosen.

i don’t believe the dann links have much substance. But we are working on a prem league defender loan and we are far down the road on that one. 

Adams wasn’t a consideration until mowbray liked what he saw in training and now considering. 

Smallwood has league one options and there Looks to be another slightly unexpected departure. Few might be as miffed as raya with that one. 

I still wish there was a move for Lowe or Maddison but nothing yet. 

Which Lowe are you referring to, please not the one it took us ages to get rid of?

14 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Smallwood has league one options and there Looks to be another slightly unexpected departure. Few might be as miffed as raya with that one. 

Mulgrew?

(Please be Evans, please be Evans, please be Evans)

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not the point though! The line here was we nothing to spend all summer, then we spent over 10 million.

It is exactly the point.

A big investment from our owners.

If it had been my investment, I would have been crawling all over it to see what it yielded as it would clearly have a bearing on how much I may want to invest in the future!

Said many times, think Mowbray blew it and IMO the club will be hamstrung financially for some time to come hence the Raya sale and signing of the oldies on frees.

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

It is exactly the point.

A big investment from our owners.

If it had been my investment, I would have been crawling all over it to see what it yielded as it would clearly have a bearing on how much I may want to invest in the future!

Said many times, think Mowbray blew it and IMO the club will be hamstrung financially for some time to come hence the Raya sale and signing of the oldies on frees.

No, it's not the point. You have moved onto somehting different. What we were discussing was the fact the line here all last summer was that we had nothing to spend. Which turned out to be incorrect. 

How the money as spent is a seperate issue  

15 minutes ago, pomster said:

Why is it, whenever i read your posts Mercer it's always full of negatives?

Do you have a good thing to say about anything? or anyone?

Yep, I do.  Think Johnson has done a fine job with the U23's.

Only wish Mowbray would give me something to be positive about.

If this mystery player departure is either Travis or Nyambe then Mowbray should be sacked before it's allowed to happen.

Beyond them two, Dack, Lenihan and Rothwell, we don't really have any more "assets" - but mowbray needs to make sure Bennett's position is safe somehow.

Another day goes boy... even more disillusioned with our manager. Really wish he had been binned off back in April.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, philipl said:

The season we went down, Dann scored 5 own goals- more than any other player in any top division in Europe that season.

Somebody might want Dann back. 

We are in deepest smelly stuff if Rovers want him back.

Surely not after your praise for Waggott.

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

Yep, I do.  Think Johnson has done a fine job with the U23's.

Only wish Mowbray would give me something to be positive about.

I actually wouldn't mind Johnson being groomed to be our next manager.

• Like 3

People must be forgetting that Dann has concrete boots, the only centre half unwilling to rise to head a ball, frequently a ball watcher allowing that many to get behind him. It was horrendous those Norwich and Fulham games under Bowyer before City in the cup. He didn’t want to play for us then and made sure we got a low fee from palace.

Hes just a notch above Bradley Orr in the likeable steaks, he better not be coming back.

• Like 6

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Oh God.. Travis would fit into the possible pattern...i.e having been marginalised by TM in the past....I would be with you over that edge!

I'd be pretty pissed off too. What if it was daft money from the Prem though? (Not the Dingles, that cannot happen) 

Just now, deryck guyler's spoon said:

I'd be pretty pissed off too. What if it was daft money from the Prem though? (Not the Dingles, that cannot happen) 

All these midfielders being linked too...now Butterfield....and I hope you don't mean daft money like the B+M fee for Cairney!

42 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

As I said Friday, we have deals in place for three keepers ranging from loans with high wages to free transfers. I think we will have one by Wednesday. Darlow was never a go-er as I said due to Newcastle’s current situation manager wise. 

Gallagher deciding over weekend between us and Wigan, will be decided tomorrow who he has chosen.

i don’t believe the dann links have much substance. But we are working on a prem league defender loan and we are far down the road on that one. 

Adams wasn’t a consideration until mowbray liked what he saw in training and now considering. 

I still wish there was a move for Lowe or Maddison but nothing yet. 

Good post and info,hope your information is right, personally not bothered if goalie/ defender is loan,freebie or fee as long as they are an improvement in the squad.Got to trust the manager on arrivals and departures,and if we have to wheel and deal to improve,so be it, should be an interesting week.

11 hours ago, Mike E said:

@Scotland1 Any opinion? Scored 1 in 3 since being at Kilmarnock, who finished 3rd last year and seems a good 'inbetween' age at 23.

Seems like a tidy target for, allegedly, just under £1m?

Raw. Steve Clarke got a tune out of him but he made Greg Stewart frozen out atBirmingham look great too who then flopped at Aberdeen and has bizzarly turned ion at Rangers. Brophy seems to be a striker whom links up with number 10s well. Quiet against the big sides and record against best the OF not great. Shades of Eoin Doyle for me he joined PNE and has found himself in L2 a couple years later. Not sure he’s good enough in honesty for the championship which is a league quickly growing in established quality. 

Derby and Leeds has scouts last year presuming year looking at him and ODonnell.

killie thoughts in 2018 https://www.killiefc.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4748-eamonn-brophy/

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

True - and Graham in his prime was half the player of a Bellamy, Newell, McCarthy etc. It's been a slippery road!

To see how far we have fallen, I often think about when Phil Jones first came to prominence. It was obvious he was a star in the making but we were already covered at centre-back.

So Jones filled in, very well too, as a defensive mid-fielder. Now we haven't even 2 recognised centre-backs for the Championship.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Mulgrew?

I reckon.

Same with Raya for me. Don't mind them going - if they want out - so long as we get a bloody replacement / upgrade in.

Captain Lenihan. Long may he reign.

Edited by CD_93
  • Like 1

Just now, deryck guyler's spoon said:

Travis is a good un but I don't see how the club could knock back anything north of 10m.

More like the square root of £10million.  No club is going to stump up £millions for the lad.  Potential he has but nowhere near ready for PL.

58 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Never can resist a mid-fielder can he?

Like when the ice cream van comes round. Even though you know you're full up....