BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

The way he's packing midfielders on the books someone has to go and the only one who'll command a fee is Travis so id be keeping an eye on that one.

Also suspected for a while he'd off Nyambe if he could there was some odd stuff last season with him where it looked like he was being frozen out just to give Bennett a place. Then they give him a new contract and off he goes to this summer tournament which will be a nice shop window.

Selling young talent early for a few million before they've been revved up the pay scale whilst sticking on add ons and sell ons might prove quite lucrative in the long run whilst enabling funds coming in to hold onto those who'll make big money and also creating space in the team for others.

Scary thought

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Sorry had a long drive, name I got was Travis with some prem interest , mowbray considering to strengthen elsewhere as we are stocked in mids but he is reluctant to sell as he likes him 

If he even considers that he is the one that needs moving on. I thought we had a budget for players.

Ill help him to de stock are midfield

adams no

butterfield no

bennett no

smallwood no

evans no

downing no

there you go Tony de cluttered of the useless the non effective and the elderly pay dayers

Most of which he either acquired or gave new contracts to.

the names above spell mid table mediocrity it will help to get rid of them and him if his brain wave is to sell Travis instead of the above. 

Oh hang on the players he actually brought in or retained have no resale value.

Madness

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Madon said:

Is this reliable info?? 

I'd be absolutely fuming if we sold Travis... like fuming fuming!!

It would be a real shame but he's young and highly-rated, so it wouldn't surprise me if Premier League clubs fancy him for a few million. Low-risk for them.

I'm sure I saw Newcastle linked a few months ago but a lot's gone off there in the interim. 

Just now, JonSnow said:

He played about 10 games for them on loan in fairness and this article suggests it was him fulfilling an ambition to represent his hometown team.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/17413254.butterfield-excited-to-be-back-at-bradford-city-20-years-on/

But didn’t he end up on their bench at the end of the season. 

16 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Sorry had a long drive, name I got was Travis with some prem interest , mowbray considering to strengthen elsewhere as we are stocked in mids but he is reluctant to sell as he likes him 

That would be utter madness. Not an acceptable move to sanction unless it's crazy crazy money. Getting worried about this window, starting to fear we will have gone backwards by the end of it. We will have to see what happens.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mings moving to villa for £30 million. That's what we are dealing with these days. 

On Travis, before ye all start getting the pitch forks out. The poster clearly said Mowbray likes him and is reluctant to sell. 

Newcastle were interested, and they are a pretty atrocious outfit so hed get in their side. Only stayed up due to having one of the best managers in europe. 

Selling him would be madness, but as you say its been said mowbray likes him. So if it happened, are we saying venkys have told tm and sw to sell?

Edited by AAK

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mings moving to villa for £30 million. That's what we are dealing with these days. 

On Travis, before ye all start getting the pitch forks out. The poster clearly said Mowbray likes him and is reluctant to sell. 

Villa are a premier League club so how is that relevant?

• Like 2

Just now, AAK said:

Newcastle were interested, and they are a pretty atrocious outfit so hed get in their side. Only stayed up due yo having one of the best managers in europe. 

Selling him wouldnt be madness, but as you say its been said mowbray likes him. So if it happened, are we saying venkys have told tm and sw to sell?

Probably a replacement for longstaff

Just now, JonSnow said:

It would be a real shame but he's young and highly-rated, so it wouldn't surprise me if Premier League clubs fancy him for a few million. Low-risk for them.

I'm sure I saw Newcastle linked a few months ago but a lot's gone off there in the interim. 

A few million would be a disgrace. 

• Like 1

Just now, roversinmyblood said:

But didn’t he end up on their bench at the end of the season. 

It appears he was a victim of their relegation being confirmed. 

I'm not condoning his potential arrival, nor am I against it. Just doing some research on him really. Trying to paint a picture.

• Like 3

So far only links to ex-Rovers/Boro 30+ year olds from English clubs.

Any links with anyone from Europe?

On our budget there's no value in buying players from other English clubs. 

It's not the way that Norwich/Leeds etc have improved.

• Like 1

Tony his so in bedded with the Venkys  now that what ever happens this season and who ever he signs or sells it will not make a difference . I really  hope he gets lucky and it all works out but we've need three  good defenders and he's signing  midfielders .  I do worry about the club when a manager has a chairman  for a mate and owners   who still don't  understand  football

• Like 4

Just now, bluebruce said:

A few million would be a disgrace. 

22 in October, started about 20 games at this level, one goal scored, no assists. 

But I get your point. In this silly age of transfer fees you'd want to be pushing eight figures for him. I doubt we'd get more than £5m.

• Like 1

Butterworth and magloire are promising young players.

Buckley is the real deal . He could do with being kicked in league 1 or two for a season and half but if he continues developing he willing be a very good player for us. Last time i said this about a player was o connell and travis. He really is the cream of a very decent crop.

i saw abit of davenport at city and he is another I think will blossom this season and become a first team regular.  I saw enough in his debut to know he should be ahead of  evans And Smallwood who need moving on immediately 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Madon said:

Is this reliable info?? 

I'd be absolutely fuming if we sold Travis... like fuming fuming!!

I’m not ITK, I have no contacts, no sources and no friends.

No way is Travis on his way to any Prem clubs. This sounds like a fabricated story (not necessarily by the poster) which will be seen as a success when we manage to hang on to him. It could even be an opportunist agent looking to take advantage of the current uncertainty to try to get his client a new deal.

Let’s focus on getting in a keeper.

• Backroom
Just now, JonSnow said:

22 in October, started about 20 games at this level, one goal scored, no assists. 

But I get your point. In this silly age of transfer fees you'd want to be pushing eight figures for him. I doubt we'd get more than £5m.

If so then don't sell, simple. It's not like he's going to be worth less in a year's time.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

This is the thing.  Evans and Smallwood need to go.  Travis is the only one who looks to play forward.  Getting rid would be stupid. 

I'm not even surprised, it would fit in with 90% of our transfer business under Mowbray. 

Why is he so baffling?

• Like 1