BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, markhayhurst said:

A work colleague is a Derby fan and he said that Bradley Johnson is a good signing, but Butterfield is really bad. He had good passing stats only because he  passes sideways all the time. Although he did say he had a good shot on him. I hope that we avoid him like the plague!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Reports suggest that Mowbray told Bauer that he would have to work to get into the starting XI, possibly behind A. N. Other yet-to-be-signed. I can see why he chose Preston, who will likely drop him straight into the first-team, but if it's Preston that are offering him first-team football and us not, I think that might say something about our plans in this window.

I know virtually nothing about Bauer, other than he is nothing to do with 24 and seems to be "not Mulgrew or Williams", and therefore a must-have by some fans' estimations. Maybe he would have improved our defence, and maybe he wouldn't. Something tells me that we have other plans, and that Bauer wasn't worth the wages that he was allegedly demanding as a free agent.

What reports?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Weren't we linked with Roofe last summer? He would be a good signing for sure 

Yes, I think he would be, too; but isn't he being linked with a move to Rangers?

Even if we were to bid for him, I guess we'd come off second best in a tussle with them for him.

Just now, m1st said:

Yes, I think he would be, too; but isn't he being linked with a move to Rangers?

Even if we were to bid for him, I guess we'd come off second best in a tussle with them for him.

Perhaps, perhaps not. Dont wanna bring up the Championship versus Scottish premier again but there really only is two teams in it. They can offer short-lived European competition though. More chance of being picked up by a PL team if you're playing int he CHampionship. 

I actually heard that he is being sold because they offered him a new contract but he wants more money - might be one to avoid purely on that basis. 

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

Just now, m1st said:

Not sure about that. I think rangers still have a few financial question marks over them. Maybe if they sell Morales. Actually we could do worse than him... 

• Backroom
Just now, JacknOry said:

I actually heard that he is being sold because they offered him a new contract but he wants more money - might be one to avoid purely on that basis. 

If that's the case then I can't see us offering the type of wage that would interest him, especially if there's a £5m fee included. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not sure about that. I think rangers still have a few financial question marks over them. Maybe if they sell Morales. Actually we could do worse than him... 

Morelos would be class sadly we’ve not 12-15 million!

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Mowbray brought no staff with him apart from Venus and those were the terms. He took on all that still remained at Ewood, Lowe and Benson the most well known.

Surely he is allowed to bin them off when he's ready to replace them though?

1 hour ago, OnePhilT said:

Reports suggest that Mowbray told Bauer that he would have to work to get into the starting XI, possibly behind A. N. Other yet-to-be-signed. I can see why he chose Preston, who will likely drop him straight into the first-team, but if it's Preston that are offering him first-team football and us not, I think that might say something about our plans in this window.

I know virtually nothing about Bauer, other than he is nothing to do with 24 and seems to be "not Mulgrew or Williams", and therefore a must-have by some fans' estimations. Maybe he would have improved our defence, and maybe he wouldn't. Something tells me that we have other plans, and that Bauer wasn't worth the wages that he was allegedly demanding as a free agent.

In the context of defence, I hope some of these plans start to come to fruition some time soon. Because it feels like there is no plan and we are just reacting at the moment.

Are we even looking at defenders until another one leaves?

Right now, we don’t have a credible first team goalkeeper at the club.

Just now, Stuart said:

In the context of defence, I hope some of these plans start to come to fruition some time soon. Because it feels like there is no plan and we are just reacting at the moment.

Are we even looking at defenders until another one leaves?

Right now, we don’t have a credible first team goalkeeper at the club.

Cometh the hour, Cometh the man.

8988E053-FEDB-4696-BD3E-CCD58BC25F66.jpeg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

“We tried to sign him to give us some stability to our squad and then try and force his way in,” said Mowbray. “I have been aware of him for a long time and that he was running down his contract. I thought he was a man, not to force his way straight in to our starting XI, but over time try and do that. And it would have been down to him challenge and get in the team.”

For you, too @S8 & Blue ?

Everything I say from "possibly" onward is just a hunch from me.

Ok that's the first time I've seen that. Seems a lot of time and publicity for someone he didn't think would make the first team.

I dont see how we can justify a striker when we have: Graham, Breteton, Armstrong, Nutall and Samuel. He must sell two before we can buy one, surely. Same applies for central midfield. 

• Like 7

Just now, OnePhilT said:

It might have slipped some minds that Bauer was effectively a free agent last summer after his contract ran down at Charlton. He signed on again, even after his public comments about the club. Maybe he never fancied us in the first place. I don't know. Just saying what I see with Mowbray's comments.

I do wonder if Mowbray was put off by Bauer's antics last year. Certainly doesn't sit well with me. Either way, I don't think Bauer is make or break. I read a cringe-worthy PNE piece on how they've dominated us both on and now off the pitch with Bauer, but let's see.

Is that true? Last year we couldnt agree on a fee, as per Bowyers comments in the press.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

A fair bit because they sold 2 players for a combined £32 million 

Behold a club that reinvests following sales. What happened when we brought in 30 million from sales?

• Like 1

No chance Jansson would have been on Mowbray's radar. He's far too outspoken and single-minded a character. Seen as a disruptive influence at Leeds. Would never pass Tony's fit and proper footballer's test.

Edited by danger19_80
  • Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, neophox said:

Harrison Reed seems to leave Southampton. Should we get him?

He ain't coming back here to train under the guidance of Evans and Smallwood. Nor should he. Stupid and insulting comments from Mowbray. 

• Like 5