Neal

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

I’d be alright with Joe Hart tbh

Been there, done that etc

Maybe I’ve just forgotten the extent of how utterly shit he was for England

I’m thinking about how shit he was for Bumley.

They tanked when he was in goal. But they were used to Heaton and Pope and downgraded to Hart temporarily. Time now, for us, Hart is probably still an upgrade on recent keepers.

23 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Was this the same interview? Those comments seem incompatible (not as much money as Tony thought, but we're not messing around...which we also seem to definitely be doing so far).

Would seem so.  To be fair I gave up listening after the first 15 mins.

What he did say was we seem to have moved away from the buy young to sell for £10 mil down the line model into a ' here and now' approach.  Which in his eyes was more sensible.

Except so far it seems to be a 'been and gone' strategy. 

Take anything Nixon says with a pinch of though.

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller

43 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Seems a bit of a character...

31AD84DC-0B36-490A-ADF8-FC71A16655B8.jpeg.383ba1182cde1f55eaf9067b948ce452.jpeg

Christ, he could let goals in through those teeth!

Just now, RV Blue said:

We won’t get better than Hart.

That's worrying.

Honestly I’ve been calling Carson “Frank” for a decade because he’s a joker. Please no.

25 minutes ago, J*B said:

Nixon is a lizard.

Doesn’t even try to hide his own personal bias, in one breath called Sam Gallagher a proposition to flip for 3x his fee in twelve months, in the next says buying to develop is a mugs game...! 

Just now, Mike E said:

Christ, he could let goals in through those teeth!

He’s hoping to do for the Chuckle Brothers what Stevie Nicks did for Fleetwood Mac.

Te you te me

4E839809-1AC4-455C-9038-1859FA14859E.jpeg.b0adee239f22f2f23f54f02a0f60ddd1.jpeg

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

We won’t get better than Hart.

After the sale of Raya and the acquisition of the likes of Downing Adam and Butterfield, Hart' would be one final kick in the knackers for the fans.

Quite possibly the worst keeper I've ever seen . You just have to look at him and everything he does is wrong. How he has even carved out at a career at professional level, let alone play for England is completely beyond me.

Plus, aside from the fact he's garbage, he'd be extremely expensive in terms of wages. I'm sure Dingles fans would think there was a certain symmetry to it though if their Club was paying Hart part of his wage to throw the ball in the back of the net for us.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

After the sale of Raya and the acquisition of the likes of Downing Adam and Butterfield, Hart' would be one final kick in the knackers for the fans.

Quite possibly the worst keeper I've ever seen . You just have to look at him and everything he does is wrong. How he has even carved out at a career at professional level, let alone play for England is completely beyond me.

Plus, aside from the fact he's garbage, he'd be extremely expensive in terms of wages. I'm sure Dingles fans would think there was a certain symmetry to it though if their Club was paying Hart part of his wage to throw the ball in the back of the net for us.

I'm not his biggest fan but this is a tad extreme.  He has won the league a couple of times....is he better than flowers?

GK and CB massive priority. Then RB competition for Nyambe (not Bennett), then LB competition/upgrade for Bell (not Williams who would be better off as 3rd/4th choice CB). After that, possibly a more ready made striker. No more midfielders please unless we're getting rid of a couple (not Travis).

50 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'm not his biggest fan but this is a tad extreme.  He has won the league a couple of times....is he better than flowers?

Definitely not.

Might about  be on a par with John Butcher and Alan Fettis as the worst keepers I've seen imo.

54 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Better than flowers? You pissed or are you taking the piss? Hart is an atrocious keeper. I dont think raya is all that good, but hart would be a downgrade.

I'm massively against Hart.

Not worried one bit about signing an older more experienced keeper but the main criteria for me is someone, finally who can organise a defence and command the box.  That person is most definitely not Hart, he was so bad at it last season he would have took Burnley down had he continued to play.

Mountains more respect for someone like Gallagher seemingly taking a pay cut to drop in to a lower league compared to Rodwell keeping one toe in the door in case he gets a better offer than playing for the man who gave him a chance to kick on.

Edited by CD_93

8 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Would seem so.  To be fair I gave up listening after the first 15 mins.

What he did say was we seem to have moved away from the buy young to sell for £10 mil down the line model into a ' here and now' approach.  Which in his eyes was more sensible.

Except so far it seems to be a 'been and gone' strategy. 

Take anything Nixon says with a pinch of though.

"here and now" and over 30. :(

Just now, CD_93 said:

Mountains more respect for someone like Gallagher seemingly taking a pay cut to drop in to a lower league compared to Rodwell keeping one toe in the door in case he gets a better offer than playing for the man who gave him a chance to kick on.

Exactly, while some will have qualms against the likes of Adam or Buttercup, at least they are training, trying to win contracts, keep in shape. Rodwell is still on damn holiday. Even if he did decide to sign on again, he has missed so much of the pre-season already and will be well behind others in the team now for a starting spot. What about this new style of play we're working on? Rodwell wont know much about it.

Something tells me TM is keeping the door open as once again, its a fallback option for a would-be CB to replace losing out on Bauer. 

The guy doesn't have the passion for the game anymore - move on.

So the model of ‘young, English talent ‘ has been thrown out after a season to be replaced by bringing in players in their mid 30s? 

Says to me the club has no strategic thinking at all, we are a million miles away from a Brentford.  And/or the club has been badly burned by the Brereton signing...

Edited by Mattyblue