BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I am here too much too although, which you may find hard to believe, don't post all that much and try to avoid spats!

New Zealand is scoring too slowly, need to up the rate with such a fast outfield and wickets in hand. My money on India so far.

OH and I forgot:

LT:

"Tony Mowbray says Rovers can’t wait forever for responses to contract offers made to Craig Conway and Jack Rodwell.

Rovers revealed the club they were in talks with the out-of-contract pair who were regulars in the squad this season in their retained list released on Wednesday.

Both Conway and Rodwell will weigh up their options before deciding whether or not to extend their time at Ewood Park, but will be given deadlines to work to"

Thanks! Much appreciated. Makes a case for Mowbray being to lenient.    

• Like 1

Just now, pick32 said:

Really a 10? I’d give him a 2 for his heading ability,

Always dreadful in the opponents box, and when the ball came into ours he would head it and it could go any direction.

I saw more Ariel threat in Paul Dickov.

He scored 5 goals in the Premiership last season. That's more than a lot of midfielders managed. He is good in the air, I don't think that is up for debate really. If he wasn't he wouldn't be an international playing weekly in the premier league, because he has many other weaknesses in his game. 

Just now, DE. said:

Bennett was becoming something of a scapegoat towards the end of last season imo. Yes it's annoying that Tony seems desperate to fit him into the team anywhere, even at the expense of better players, but his performances generally range from average to decent. With that said 1 goal and 3 assists last season isn't really good enough and he did have a few real stinkers last season. We really do need players on the flanks who can contribute more if we are going to play wing backs. 

Bennett - 1 goal 3 assists
Nyambe - 0 goals 0 assists (in fact Nyambe has no goals and only two assists in the last three seasons - both assists came in L1)
Bell - 2 goals 1 assist
Williams - 0 goals 1 assist

Pretty scary statistics when you consider that these players are supposed to overlap and supply crosses for our forward players to score from. No evidence of any of them being up to the task of playing wing back.

Good points made here. Bell actually scored 3 goals from February onwards, which is not so bad. But in general very poor stats. When you also have a central midfield that never scores there is room for a lot of improvement. Evans, Smallwood and Travis scored 1 goal in total(!)

• Like 1

Just now, briansol said:

Good points made here. Bell actually scored 3 goals from February onwards, which is not so bad. But in general very poor stats. When you also have a central midfield that never scores there is room for a lot of improvement. Evans, Smallwood and Travis scored 1 goal in total(!)

Indeed. Imagine adding even a combined 10 goals and 10 assists from the full back and center midfield positions. It would be a huge help. We were/are so dependent on Dack and Graham it's kind of crazy.  

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Feels to me like the budget is much lower this year compared to last summer.

I think a deal for Gallagher would eat up virtually all the cash.

So the choices are 

1) Gallagher + cheap goalie + loan defender(s)

2) Decent goalie + money spent on defender(s) ( No Gallagher )

3) Sell someone (Travis ?) allowing us to afford Gallagher + decent goalie and maybe a defender.

Loan market not really active yet so it may all happen approaching deadline day. 

Just me thinking aloud. I'd go for option 2.

Just now, Crimpshrine said:

So the choices are 

3) Sell someone (Travis ?) allowing us to afford Gallagher + decent goalie and maybe a defender.

Loan market not really active yet so it may all happen approaching deadline day. 

From those options, 2 by far

• Like 2

So the choices are 

The difficulty in predicting the budget is that I think Mowbray would be just as uncomfortable if the Venkys told him he has to spend 20 million, as if they told him there is only 3 million in total. 

Or he could just be putting out the message / impression that we have no money to bring prices down.

Can't remember but didn't the Brereton 8 million come out of nowhere?! - was anyone aware we had that much to spend?

Normal Championship clubs probably have a predictable budget, but we aren't normal. 

So the choices are 

Has to be 2. No other option for me - Certainly cannot be number 3.

So the choices are 

Option two, with a loan option for a back up striker would be my preference by far, assuming that this is a fair reflection of the budget. 

• Millwall set to sign AFC Bournemouth winger Connor Mahoney for seven-figure sum just posted on twitter.
    A little bit more in Rovers kitty due to sell on clause.

f-HZMWii_bigger.jpg
BLACKBURN. Surprise interest in old boy Grant Hanley. Poss loan deal with NORWICH. Wonder if that opens door for a SHEFF U bid for long term target Lenihan.

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Joe Hart, Grant Hanley, Charlie Adam and Sam Gallagher

Next year will be all about Dack and Rothwell, and the Buckleys and Butterworths coming through.

Those two won't happen.

Adam & Gallagher I could see though.

• Backroom
26 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That's awful. especially when you consider how important full backs are these days. It seems it's all Pep signs at City. 

We need better if we have any hopes of top 6. 

It actually reflects well on Bennett by comparison. That is pretty bad from Nyambe now. I know he is young, but no goals and 2 assists in 3 seasons, wow. 

Its really bad to be honest, and perhaps offers a glimpse into why Mowbray has had Nyambe on the bench. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
16 minutes ago, briansol said:

Was one of them in a cup match? I was only looking at league statistics (also possible the website just wasn't up to date). But yes our centre midfielders are also embarrassing when it comes to assists and goals. Evans with a zero on both. Even Smallwood got one assist. Johnson really can't do much worse.

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Was one of them in a cup match? I was only looking at league statistics (also possible the website just wasn't up to date). But yes our centre midfielders are also embarrassing when it comes to assists and goals. Evans with a zero on both. Even Smallwood got one assist. Johnson really can't do much worse.

Soccerbase is pretty good for stats:

Amari Bell 2018/2019. Scored against Reading, Rotherham and Villa. We lost all 3.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=70917&season_id=151

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Bennett was becoming something of a scapegoat towards the end of last season imo. Yes it's annoying that Tony seems desperate to fit him into the team anywhere, even at the expense of better players, but his performances generally range from average to decent. With that said 1 goal and 3 assists last season isn't really good enough and he did have a few real stinkers last season. We really do need players on the flanks who can contribute more if we are going to play wing backs. 

Bennett - 1 goal 3 assists
Nyambe - 0 goals 0 assists (in fact Nyambe has no goals and only two assists in the last three seasons - both assists came in L1)
Bell - 2 goals 1 assist
Williams - 0 goals 1 assist

Pretty scary statistics when you consider that these players are supposed to overlap and supply crosses for our forward players to score from. No evidence of any of them being up to the task of playing wing back.

Some abysmal stats there, not surprising though.

We have similarly poor stats from our CM's too. Just shows how heavily we rely on certain individuals to do something in a game.

Edited by davulsukur

50 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That's awful. especially when you consider how important full backs are these days. It seems it's all Pep signs at City. 

We need better if we have any hopes of top 6. 

It actually reflects well on Bennett by comparison. That is pretty bad from Nyambe now. I know he is young, but no goals and 2 assists in 3 seasons, wow. Bell clearly improved going forward last season, I'd say he will have a few goals and assists in him going forward. Hopefully he gets better at heading crosses clear or blocking them at source as well.  I am not surprised at all about Williams, he isn't a left back and it's an indictment of where we were/are that he plated there so often. Was the goal where he did the ridiculous dab celebration not last season though? 

Nyambe stays back for every single set piece. Bell goes up for every single set piece. Bennett has played in the 10, centre mid and on both wings. Stats like this don’t really paint a full picture.

• Like 3

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

In the minority but I see a player in Bell, definitely more dangerous going forward, but he was reasonably solid in defense towards the end of last season. 

Agree. If he could block crosses he'd be fantastic.

1 hour ago, Biz said:

@DE. except Nyambe - I agree. I think he lacks final product definitely compared to the rest but is easily the best defender, strongest, fastest, most willing to stick their bollocks on the line!

I think Nyambes recovery after a mistake in defence is second to none . I just wish he didn’t make the mistakes in the first place 

• Like 5

Another defender who can head the ball and a keeper that can catch a cross and I really don't see Nyambe/Bell as obvious weaknesses. I think they will both improve next season.

• Like 7