BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Bell certainly was an obvious weakness to me. Looks a long way from a Championship standard full back. 

Lackadaisical, seemingly can’t stop crosses being put in on his flank, not great on the overlap and poor in possession.

Lets hope he improves because I doubt a left back is being brought in.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, briansol said:

Had a dig, didn't find anything about a deadline, so you maybe want to provide the link? So much stuff here presented as facts with no sources.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17697020.tony-mowbray-update-on-jack-rodwells-rovers-contract-talks/

https://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/sport/17645974.rovers-boss-on-contract-offers-to-jack-rodwell-and-craig-conway/

Here you go. Stop doubting your fellow fans.

Edited by RoversClitheroe

3 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Another defender who can head the ball and a keeper that can catch a cross and I really don't see Nyambe/Bell as obvious weaknesses. I think they will both improve next season.

Nyambe certainly not and I agree with those who say that Bell is improving.

Someone said in another thread that if we go three at the back with wing backs, then it does change things because all of a sudden they become much more important players and need to have good delivery. If we stay with a back four, no major issues for me. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

It just says he will have a period of time to decide though, it doesn't give a specific deadline.  Or maybe I am missing it? 

The clue is in the word deadline. Specific deadline is a new invention by you, today.

"Tony Mowbray says Rovers can’t wait forever for responses to contract offers made to Craig Conway and Jack Rodwell.

Both Conway and Rodwell will weigh up their options before deciding whether or not to extend their time at Ewood Park, but will be given deadlines to work to."

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Just seen Nixon rumour that Wigan are backing out of the Gallagher chase - too expensive

Tbf I said that Gally would happen as long as he still wanted it. Wigan have ‘backed away’ because he’s made a decision on where he wants to go. The ‘too expensive’ bit is just spin.

i fully expect him to sign and as this would represent a reversal of the Bauer deal in terms of kudos on our side for getting over the line it will also be interesting to see the reaction. 

• Like 2

The clue is in the word deadline. Specific deadline is a new invention by you, today.

"Tony Mowbray says Rovers can’t wait forever for responses to contract offers made to Craig Conway and Jack Rodwell.

Both Conway and Rodwell will weigh up their options before deciding whether or not to extend their time at Ewood Park, but will be given deadlines to work to."

Ya, but going off that, the deadline could be anytime. It could be August for example. 

Not sure what we are disagreeing on here anyway, I think he should have been given a deadline of the end of June, when his contract expired. 

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Tbf I said that Gally would happen as long as he still wanted it. Wigan have ‘backed away’ because he’s made a decision on where he wants to go. The ‘too expensive’ bit is just spin.

i fully expect him to sign and as this would represent a reversal of the Bauer deal in terms of kudos on our side for getting over the line it will also be interesting to see the reaction. 

He's still very expensive and wages will be high.

If we go for SG I don't think there will be many (or any ) more permanent  paid for signings this summer.  Maybe some frees and loans.

Edited by Crimpshrine
  • Like 1

Let’s not get our knickers in a twist about Rodwell. (Not aimed specifically at any one person)

Rodwell knows exactly what the deal is at Rovers and we have never wavered. My feeling is that he is history but TM being fair he’s saying that a deals still on the table to help Rodwell use it as leverage.

Id be very surprised if he stays. Nothing to see here imo.

• Like 1

On 29/06/2019 at 18:18, Mercer said:

A huge IF !

Meanwhile the club stagnates and possibly regresses.

IMO, the lad doesn't have it and never will.  My thoughts very early on when he joined Rovers as I could see virtually nothing that offered any hope.

IMO, the brutal reality is that Mowbray has dropped one enormous b0ll0ck.

Gally did well to score 11 goals that season when the team was low in confidence and the atmosphere was toxic. In a rejuvenated side where there is quality from Downing and Chapman from the flanks I think he will be a great option to have alongside Graham. I hope he signs. Still need a quality centre half and goalkeeper after that mind so still some way to go for TM to get us competitive. 

• Like 4

I get what your saying and the bit in bold is fair enough if it happens.

I think the reaction was down to Bauer playing in our most problem position though, and the worry that missing out on him and not getting anyone of any quality back there.

Gallagher is ok, but I don't think him as a signing will define our season, but some real quality at the back might just do.

Just now, Crimpshrine said:

He's still very expensive and wages will be high.

If we go for SG I don't think there will be many (or any ) more permanent  paid for signings this summer.  Many some frees and loans.

The cost of the deal is unknown as is the depth of the V’s pockets. It’s not worth worrying about imo. Based on last years budget I think we could spend seven figures again. Especially with the Raya money.

They sometimes pay a player like for example Ruddy, Hart or Forster a large signing on fee to keep wages down. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, but going off that, the deadline could be anytime. It could be August for example. 

Not sure what we are disagreeing on here anyway, I think he should have been given a deadline of the end of June, when his contract expired. 

Not disagreeing on anything. My and another posters veracity was questioned and we have proven our case.

Whatever the actual deadline date was or is seems to be shall we say 'flexible'.

My personal opinion is that Mowbray is just too nice to just tell Rodwell to scroll on so is leaving the door open, or will try to sign him as a CB backup in case we fail to recruit from elsewhere. I don't know, still time, and time will tell.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

I get what your saying and the bit in bold is fair enough if it happens.

I think the reaction was down to Bauer playing in our most problem position though, and the worry that missing out on him and not getting anyone of any quality back there.

Gallagher is ok, but I don't think him as a signing will define our season, but some real quality at the back might just do.

I completely understand your point. But nor, did i believe that league 1, Patrick Bauer was going to change our season.

The positions we have signed so far are fairly irrelevant in terms of importance because they only happen when they can. I would argue that the best is certainly to come because we currently have our budget plus the Raya money in our pocket. Let’s see.

Let’s not get our knickers in a twist about Rodwell. (Not aimed specifically at any one person)

Rodwell knows exactly what the deal is at Rovers and we have never wavered. My feeling is that he is history but TM being fair he’s saying that a deals still on the table to help Rodwell use it as leverage.

Id be very surprised if he stays. Nothing to see here imo.

To be honest that was my mind set but Mowbray has thrown the cat amongst the pigeons by saying the door may be open for him.

• Like 1

Just now, BlueMonday59 said:

Gally did well to score 11 goals that season when the team was low in confidence and the atmosphere was toxic. In a rejuvenated side where there is quality from Downing and Chapman from the flanks I think he will be a great option to have alongside Graham. I hope he signs. Still need a quality centre half and goalkeeper after that mind so still some way to go for TM to get us competitive. 

My comments related to Brereton not Gallagher.  What's your point?

Would have to mean Nuttall on loan to League One for me.

At 22 you'd like to think he could become the main man for someone lower/mid table and come back a better or more valuable prospect.

Perhaps should happen anyway.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 4

Just now, neophox said:

Gallagher is something I believe could be a cut price come end of transfer window IF we are interested.

Think we need to forget Gallagher.

IMO, would be silly money (fee and wages) for a lad who clubs don't seem to be in a rush tof sign.  Tells its own story.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, neophox said:

Gallagher is something I believe could be a cut price come end of transfer window IF we are interested.

Yes I agree as well. Although we might run the risk of being poached if he drops in value. Wigan, if they are interested, would surely come back in

Looks like it's going to be another one of those windows. Defence and midfield 'addressed' with free agents or loans whilst we collect forwards eating up the vast majority of our budget. 

Dont mind Gallagher provided we use him properly and provided money also finds it's way into the problem areas. I dont expect it will do. It didn't last summer and didn't when Coyle was here either.

Just now, JHRover said:

Looks like it's going to be another one of those windows. Defence and midfield 'addressed' with free agents or loans whilst we collect forwards eating up the vast majority of our budget. 

Should be the other way round, lets spend a bit on a couple of defenders for a change.