BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

8 hours ago, Biz said:

That’s because most people use both pros and cons to analyse a scenario, and for all the arguments behind lack of defensive recruits - he’s pretty much turned the Rao’s and Coyles mess around to a position where playoffs look like the expectation!

Balance is great mate :) 

If you're expecting the playoffs then who is unbalanced?

Can only think of the playoffs if we sign at least 4 good uns in the positions we need to fill.

7 hours ago, roverandout said:

Play offs look like the expectation? Are u having a late night on the booze?

14 minutes ago, 47er said:

If you're expecting the playoffs then who is unbalanced?

Can only think of the playoffs if we sign at least 4 good uns in the positions we need to fill.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/july/here-to-help-rovers-play-off-push/

This isn’t me setting the expectation lads, it’s the club.

• Like 1

Just now, Biz said:

That’s because most people use both pros and cons to analyse a scenario, and for all the arguments behind lack of defensive recruits - he’s pretty much turned the Rao’s and Coyles mess around to a position where playoffs look like the expectation!

Balance is great mate :) 

Its an expectation that you've embraced above! You've raised it in opposition to what I consider a more realistic appraisal.

You can't now just stand aside and say "this is what the club thinks, not me".

You've played a stinker there imo!

However, there is a caveat. Its whether TM can pull 4 rabbits out of a hat. All I can say at the minute is that I'm not hopeful from what's happened so far and its Brentford who look more likely to secure a playoff place than Rovers. They seem to be hijacking our targets!

• Like 1

Just now, 47er said:

Balance is great mate :) 

Its an expectation that you've embraced above! You've raised it in opposition to what I consider a more realistic appraisal.

You can't now just stand aside and say "this is what the club thinks, not me".

You've played a stinker there imo!

However, there is a caveat. Its whether TM can pull 4 rabbits out of a hat. All I can say at the minute is that I'm not hopeful from what's happened so far and its Brentford who look more likely to secure a playoff place than Rovers. They seem to be hijacking our targets!

I can post what I like.

You highlighted problems and suggested the manager lives a charmed life. As I said originally - balance is great mate! 

The fact it’s the club showing that expectation and aspiration means that it’s not my opinion either - the reality is TM and co have done well, even if a few with seriously short memories cannot accept that.

Love coming in here to see the Daily Bicker each day. 

On Gallagher, if Brentford are chasing him - must mean something right? If they can see potential and value in that signing, then we should be doing what we can to get him in before them. He obviously likes it here and has loads of mates from his time here before.

That said, if it will be using up money we could be using on a GK and CB, id be walking away.

Just now, JacknOry said:

That said, if it will be using up money we could be using on a GK and CB, id be walking away.

Seen a lot of folk saying this.

Whether we sign Gallagher or not, I get the feeling that we won't be using that money on a GK and CH, when or more likely if those deals happen I would put good money on them being a free & a loan.

Funny how some who were critical of us chasing Gallagher "because there must be something wrong if nobody else is interested" are quite today. 

It sounds like we are in the driving seat insofar as this is where he wants to come. Hopefully sorted today or tomorrow and then we can focus on getting a keeper and centre half! 

I must say though, Im pretty sure our defence on the first day will be the new keeper, Nyambe or Bennet, Lenihan, Mulgrew or Williams and Bell. We may get someone in, but I don't think Mowbray will put them ahead of Williams or Mulgrew at this stage. Not his MO. Hopefully Williams continues with his centre half displays and Mulgrew ups his game dramatically. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Biz said:

It was pretty obvious what you were stating. Your point as I took it was that there has to have been considerable progress made by the manager since he took over because the clubs aim this season is to get in the top 6 and when Coyle left us that March we were a million miles from that expectation.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Biz said:

I can post what I like.

You highlighted problems and suggested the manager lives a charmed life. As I said originally - balance is great mate! 

The fact it’s the club showing that expectation and aspiration means that it’s not my opinion either - the reality is TM and co have done well, even if a few with seriously short memories cannot accept that.

Of course you can, who'd have it any other way?

To what matters----if the club's position is officially that the aim this season is the playoffs then it had better get cracking and find the missing players capable of achieving that hadn't it?

Talk is cheap and time is precious, thus far the off season's activities are not matching the rhetoric. Would you agree?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Funny how some who were critical of us chasing Gallagher "because there must be something wrong if nobody else is interested" are quite today. 

It sounds like we are in the driving seat insofar as this is where he wants to come. Hopefully sorted today or tomorrow and then we can focus on getting a keeper and centre half! 

I must say though, Im pretty sure our defence on the first day will be the new keeper, Nyambe or Bennet, Lenihan, Mulgrew or Williams and Bell. We may get someone in, but I don't think Mowbray will put them ahead of Williams or Mulgrew at this stage. Not his MO. Hopefully Williams continues with his centre half displays and Mulgrew ups his game dramatically. 

Well, I wasn't critical of us chasing Gallagher so any who were can speak for themselves.. But how seriously are we chasing him? Several reports say he wants to come to us but its looking like Brentford will nab him.

Chasing and catching are two different things.

Finally, if that's our defence on the first day. and stays that way, our chances of the playoffs are derisory. And if Graham gets injured they're even worse than that!

31 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Seen a lot of folk saying this.

Whether we sign Gallagher or not, I get the feeling that we won't be using that money on a GK and CH, when or more likely if those deals happen I would put good money on them being a free & a loan.

To tell you the truth I am not bothered if they are free or loans as long as they do their jobs 

• Like 3

Just now, 47er said:

Well, I wasn't critical of us chasing Gallagher so any who were can speak for themselves.. But how seriously are we chasing him? Several reports say he wants to come to us but its looking like Brentford will nab him.

Chasing and catching are two different things.

Finally, if that's our defence on the first day. and stays that way, our chances of the playoffs are derisory. And if Graham gets injured they're even worse than that!

IF IF...what if we do sign the players we want? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

It was pretty obvious what you were stating. Your point as I took it was that there has to have been considerable progress made by the manager since he took over because the clubs aim this season is to get in the top 6 and when Coyle left us that March we were a million miles from that expectation.

To be fair, ambitions/aims/expectations of top 6 this season would be pretty much pie in the sky unless the manager fixes a defence that was, apart from the 3 teams that went down, only better than QPRs. You dont tend to trouble the top half with a bottom 6 quality defence.

I think even you have touched on that if Mowbray doesnt fix the defence you wont be happy with him.

Most of the people criticising the Gallagher deal are doing so because our resources should be prioritised in terms of fixing the defence. Gallagher would come into a position whereby we already have our player of the season and someone who cost 7m and is supposed to come good this season, and he wasnt that good last time, so hes a luxury we cannot afford without first fixing the defence. Its understandable why people are so anxious that it will remain unfixed because it has been neglected for so long.

Everything depends on the rest of the window. If he fixes the defence, we may have a chance. If he doesnt, then presumably pressure will intensify if it continues to be our achilles heel when aspiring to be higher in the league as per his own expectations. Lets hope its the former. Everyone wants the defence fixed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AJW said:

So you agree ... Spending 5m on a striker that wouldn't really improve us isn't at good return ???

I believe having another 15 goal scorer would improve us. Maybe Nuttall / Brereton / Armstrong will be that man this season.

Just now, rigger said:

To tell you the truth I am not bothered if they are free or loans as long as they do their jobs 

Completely agree.

But lets not pretend that if we don't sign Gallagher then the £5m or whatever it is will be used on the GK and defence, it won't happen.

• Like 1

Just now, 47er said:

OK!

Other than Raya - I don’t think we are weaker than last year really.

Conway, Reed, Downing and Rodwell - Reed was the nearest to the first XI and most would agree he’s been replaced by Johnson.

Take into account the improvement in a few of our younger lads - keeping hold of Lenihan and Dack; I don’t quite get the worry.

You used Brentford as an example of a team more likely (I think it was you) however - how do you think they feel? Selling their top scorer and best defender to finance new players? 

I think many of them would rather be in our position, not having to move on our best first. 

• Like 2

Just now, Paul Mani said:

@Bbrovers2288 is your man pal. ??

Haha nothing from me I’m afraid. Although been told the quieter the club are the closer they are to a deal as they tighten leaks and press interference to avoid any vultures scuppering deals last minute, so they have been quiet so potentially something brewing. I know that lieutweiler won’t be starting against Charlton, I’m pretty sure of that

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Love coming in here to see the Daily Bicker each day. 

I don't see anything in the most recent posts that deserve the "Daily Bicker" label. Biz and I have exchanged a few posts holding different views, perfectly friendly and nothing personal.

Isn't that what an MB is for? I think this "bickering" complaint is overdone and should only apply to personal abuse

• Like 3