BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, tomphil said:

Bad day at the office chief ?

Relax crack open a fizzy brew then chill and comeback to hail the signing of the new Shearer -right wing version - and all will be well.

Shouldn't you be the one urging calm ?

Haha - you’ve got a point! I’d just woken up in the late sun of Portugal after a few lunch time Sagres. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I'd like to see someone like Dan Schwaab come in at centre back.

30/31, 6ft1, free agent, relatively regular player for Freiburg, Leverkusen, Stuttgart, and PSV through his career.

Not stellar, but strikes me as a Craig Short type of steady, strong, unspectacular defender.

Great shout pal

PNE about to re-sign David Nugent after selling Robinson. What happened to their amazingly innovative young manager...

I reckon we’re on for a window like...Downing, Johnson, Gallagher, Tuanzebe and Hart / Ruddy without selling any of our star players. If so, regardless of the negativity on here we will be the envy of a lot of Championship.

Gallacher is another good signing, serious competition for places. Will hopefully give big Ben a rocket up his ass if he wants to have a career here. 

I'd almost bet that Hanley will be in a rovers shirt come the start of the season. 

McGovern form Norwich would be a decent addition for a free transfer. 

Just now, Paul Mani said:

PNE about to re-sign David Nugent after selling Robinson. What happened to their amazingly innovative young manager...

I reckon we’re on for a window like...Downing, Johnson, Gallagher, Tuanzebe and Hart / Ruddy without selling any of our star players. If so, regardless of the negativity on here we will be the envy of a lot of Championship.

Zero chance of us signing Tuanzebe he will go back to Villa or to another Premier League club on loan.

• Like 3

Looking at that I’d take that. 5 million for Gallagher is way too much but if it doesn’t stop us bringing in a decent centre half and goalkeeper then so be it. Ruddy and Tuanzebe would be unreal signings. More chance of Ruddy than Tuanzebe though for me.

Edited by Butty

Tuanzebe wont be coming here, Villa want him back.

• Backroom
Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Zero chance of us signing Tuanzebe he will go back to Villa or to another Premier League club on loan.

Yeah, I imagine he'll end up back at Villa. Possibly a loan to buy deal depending on whether they survive this season or not. Might be out of our league in terms of loan fee/wage as well to be honest. 

Danny's hold up play is great and Rovers play to.his strengths. If we can have a system with Dack and Rothwell pulling the strings we could have Armstrong upfront. Got some ok strikers playing out of position. We have enough midfielders now to play there

• Like 1

Just now, Rochdale Blue said:

Craig Short unspectacular? I refer you to 01 April 2001!!!!!!!

Funny how things turn out I remember thinking yeah decent signing then watched him and thought he's shite far too slow but he didn't half turn out to be a good player for us just took him a bit to settle in but he had the right character for it obviously.

Be really nice if a few from this window turned out to really pleasantly surprise us because it recent years that hasn't really been the case.

Edited by tomphil

Shorty was class for us.

Was class in Premiership for a few years also. Was first choice centre half with Berg, with friedel in goal, when we got something like 16 clean sheets in one season, terrific defence that season.

• Like 2

People might choke on their words when Gally Brereton and Graham plus Dack are banging goals in . It’s an attack line with decent supply options unlike for many a year. A midfield full of defensive minded as well as creativity will excel just need a decent hard no frills CB and a keeper job done 

• Like 5

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Just now, JacknOry said:

Tuanzebe wont be coming here, Villa want him back.

Tbf I did say a window ‘like’ ....Tuanzebe etc. But there’s a real chance we’ll get someone in that class imo.

Just now, DE. said:

Yeah, I imagine he'll end up back at Villa. Possibly a loan to buy deal depending on whether they survive this season or not. Might be out of our league in terms of loan fee/wage as well to be honest. 

He just signed a new deal with United so they won't be selling him.Villa have signed 3 centre backs already this summer and have agreed a fee for a fourth so don't think they will be in the market to take him on loan again 

Just now, AAK said:

Was class in Premiership for a few years also. Was first choice centre half with Berg, with friedel in goal, when we got something like 16 clean sheets in one season, terrific defence that season.

Yeah, was well into his 30’s and smashed everything fitness record at the club too. Top guy, brilliant player for us.

• Like 1

Just now, islander200 said:

He just signed a new deal with United so they won't be selling him.Villa have signed 3 centre backs already this summer and have agreed a fee for a fourth so don't think they will be in the market to take him on loan again 

?

• Backroom
Just now, islander200 said:

Then I imagine he'll end up at a lower PL club or a top Championship club. I'd be stunned if he turned up here to be honest.

Just now, 1864roverite said:

People might choke on their words when Gally Brereton and Graham plus Dack are banging goals in . It’s an attack line with decent supply options unlike for many a year. A midfield full of defensive minded as well as creativity will excel just need a decent hard no frills CB and a keeper job done 

I think once the keeper and centre back situation is resolved there will be a feeling on here that we can compete to be in the top 6.

• Like 2

Just now, DE. said:

Then I imagine he'll end up at a lower PL club or a top Championship club. I'd be stunned if he turned up here to be honest.

Like one who are targeting the top 6? Based in the Northwest?