BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, USABlue said:

That is a truly scary thought.  Leakiest defence in the world yet we spunk 12.mil on two bench warming forwards.  Madness when you put it like that Kamy absolutely insane.

I hope things look different in a couple of weeks. But am getting that nagging feeling again about the purpose of transfer activity at Blackburn Rovers...

• Like 1

If we have 5m to spunk away then sorry TM, but I cannot help but think you have dropped a bollock.

That money needs spending on our powderpuff defence. 

I hope we can afford similar for the positions we need. 

Armstrong, Brereton, Graham and Gallagher is overkill for one position. 

• Like 2

Just now, philipl said:

Net spenders are Cardiff, Stoke and Charlton- Brentford have now moved substantially to net profit.

With the acquisition of Gallagher, Rovers are now top of the net spending list.

I WILL REPEAT FOR THE HARD OF HEARING, AS OF THIS EVENING ROVERS HAVE SPENT NET MORE THAN ANY OTHER CHAMPIONSHIP CLUB IN THIS WINDOW.

We sold Raya for £3 Million and are supposedly signing Gallagher for £5 Million that is a net spend of £2 Million. Cardiff and Brentford have a bigger net spend that us, so repeat it as much as you like but you are wrong.

• Like 3

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Can you explain how the flex works with Gallagher. 

Big outlay of a transfer fee and a PL wage earner.

“Flex” isn’t a real thing but is a contrivance of conniving agents whose clients are out of contract but of good pedigree.

“My client is worth £5m in today’s market (if he was contracted to another club). Do you want to sort him out with a big sign on fee or divide it over his wages? Oh, and the club down the road has already said they will.

When it’s an incoming player some fans justify it as a necessary evil. When it’s an outgoing player it’s a mercenary who needs to be knocked at every future opportunity.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Paul Mani said:

Four strikers is overkill? ??‍♂️

Add Nuttall & Samuel and it makes six... although even if you assume those two won't play a part this season, I'd still say 4 strikers is definitely overkill if we only play with one striker up front. At most we really need three. Honestly I'd be tempted to throw Brereton out on loan for a season to build up his confidence in preparation for the 20/21 season when Graham is likely not going to be here and our £7m man will really be expected to make an impact. Unlikely this will happen though.

Edited by DE.

Just now, Stuart said:

“Flex” isn’t a real thing but is a contrivance of conniving agents whose clients are out of contract but of good pedigree.

“My client is worth £5m in today’s market (if he was contracted to another club). Do you want to sort him out with a big sign on fee or divide it over his wages? Oh, and the club down the road has already said they will.

When it’s an incoming player some fans justify it as a necessary evil. When it’s an outgoing player it’s a mercenary who needs to be knocked at every future opportunity.

Im talking about the club’s internal ‘flex’, accounting practices, we don’t want to confuse the two.

Biz said we do one of two things:

Either small/no fee... means experienced can have a big wage - Johnson

Big fee but small wages - so development players like BB.

That is the flex. We couldn’t possibly spend say £5million on a player AND fund his £25,000 a week wages... oh

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Whichever way you paint it, flex is VERY real. It’s what results from a supply and demand situation. As the pendulum swings one way and then the other it becomes more and more prevelant. It’s 100% the reason why lots of transfers are done on or close to deadline day.

Biz said we do one of two things.

Either small/no fee... means experienced can have a big wage - Johnson

Big fee but small wages - so development players like BB.

That is the flex. We couldn’t possibly spend say £5million on a player AND fund his £25,000 a week wages... oh

Would be a more expensive transfer than the Brereton one if that’s the case anyway 

8 hours ago, davulsukur said:

At least if the Gallagher deal finally gets done, we can move onto other targets.

Not a bad signing i don't think. Needs to be played correctly though.

Must mean someone is for the chop, assuming it would be Nuttall.

I'd prefer Nutall to Samual any day of the week

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

If you count Dack, we will have six when we sign Gallagher.

Meanwhile, Jayson says hello ??.

DG, BB, AA, DS, JN, SG

Thats 6 already, Dack would actually make it 7.

• Like 1

It's probably Grahams last season as the main striker I would have thought, factor in he is gonna pick up some knocks inevitably this season too so will definitely need cover. Either Gally or Brereton you'd imagine is being lined up to step into his shoes.

• Like 2

Just now, Biz said:

Would be a more expensive transfer than the Brereton one if that’s the case anyway 

So ‘flex’ isn’t the crux of what we do then at all, is it?

Because this transfer breaks the two rules of ‘the flex’.

just something you made up to make the BB transfer more palatable 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Four strikers is overkill? ??‍♂️

When Gallagher signs it will be 5 and 6 if you count Armstrong, yet we play just one up front. We play with 2 centre backs yet we only have 3 centre backs (4 if you want to include Magloire although he looked some way off to me). Our squad is horribly balanced, we need to strengthen the defence and get rid of some of the deadwood further up the field.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 3

Just now, Ossydave said:

It's probably Grahams last season as the main striker I would have thought, factor in he is gonna pick up some knocks inevitably this season too so will definitely need cover. Either Gally or Brereton you'd imagine is being lined up to step into his shoes.

Downing brought in to convert Adam finally into Mbappe? 

34 minutes ago, DE. said:

Yeah, I imagine he'll end up back at Villa. Possibly a loan to buy deal depending on whether they survive this season or not. Might be out of our league in terms of loan fee/wage as well to be honest. 

How many center backs do villa need they have signed mings konsa hause and are getting a cb from reims as well

So flex isn’t the crux of what we do then at all, is it?

just something you made up to make the BB transfer more palatable 

As previously (132 times) stated, this was a waggott interview.

Im not his agent.

Just now, tomphil said:

5 including Samuel, I think he was assuming there's just 1 berth available with Dack.

All depends who is staying, who is going, who wants it most, who is in form, what formation etc...but options are the key

5 hours ago, roverandout said:

Seriously considering putting a tenner on rovers to go down this season. Mowbary is a clown. Absolutely clueless when it comes to transfers. Clueless when it comes to tactics. 

Let's have Jim get.the relegation thread started, before we have even kicked a ball.