BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

• Backroom
Just now, Beanie01289 said:

How many center backs do villa need they have signed mings konsa hause and are getting a cb from reims as well

You could ask the same of us with midfielders to be fair.

• Like 1

Maybe you’ll take what he says with a pinch of salt then in future Biz and not go in to bat for him for months decrying anybody that disagreed as financially illiterate and not understanding the wonderful world of flex.

The lies he’s currently coming out with re season ticket sales says the bloke says whatever is good for his position at the time.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Maybe you’ll take what he says with a pinch of salt then in future Biz and not go in to bat for him for months decrying anybody that disagreed.

You mean having my opinion based on a transfer, in one aspect using the bloke who likely inked the deals actual words?

I’ll likely stick to just stick my own way of thinking cheers MB

Edited by Biz
  • Like 2

Just now, davulsukur said:

To be perfectly honest, I forgot we even had Doms.

i feel for samuel tbh, worked his ass off over the summer after promotion, like in the gym every single day then gets injured, i would keep him for another season, play him in the cup games see if he has improved as i love the guys commitment

Just now, Biz said:

You mean having my opinion based on a transfer, in one aspect using the bloke who likely inked the deals actual words?

I’ll likely stick to just stick my own way of thinking cheers MB

A very arsey mea culpa ^_^

• Like 1

Just now, JacknOry said:

DG, BB, AA, DS, JN, SG

Thats 6 already, Dack would actually make it 7.

According to Tony, one of those isn't our player, despite the fait accompli on here, 3 are wingers and one is just a boy when we need men.

Leaves DG as our lone striker.

Just now, AdamRochina said:

i feel for samuel tbh, worked his ass off over the summer after promotion, like in the gym every single day then gets injured, i would keep him for another season, play him in the cup games see if he has improved as i love the guys commitment

He makes Sam Gallagher look like Pele.

I like his character too and feel it the best for him if we can get him a loan or a move.

22 minutes ago, philipl said:

Net spenders are Cardiff, Stoke and Charlton- Brentford have now moved substantially to net profit.

With the acquisition of Gallagher, Rovers are now top of the net spending list.

I WILL REPEAT FOR THE HARD OF HEARING, AS OF THIS EVENING ROVERS HAVE SPENT NET MORE THAN ANY OTHER CHAMPIONSHIP CLUB IN THIS WINDOW.

Its not how much you spend that counts----its what you spend it on.

• Like 1

• Backroom

i half agree but i also really want him to succeed here, after all his hard work he has not had a proper chance to showcase himself, although you are probably right in saying he might need a loan or to move away to kick start him self again

Unfortunately there's no room for sentiment at this level of the game. There's no way Samuel is going to get ahead of the likes of Graham, Armstrong, Rothwell, Gallagher or Bennett - whether he is looking at playing striker or right wing. He needs to move on for the sake of his own career to a club better suited to his level of ability. 

• Like 2

If a 2 million net spend puts us top of the net spending table in the division, ill remove and eat my union jack boxer shorts. 

Besides, that really isnt what people are complaining about. We just want the defence fixed.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, philipl said:

So only four clubs have net transfer expenditure.

Looking at those lists, supporters of at least ten clubs should be on suicide watch judging by the intemperate reactions on this thread. 

Heh heh, was thinking similar.  Quite a few.signing players from "lesser" teams.  We know how that goes here.  Bloody hell I wish we would sign a keeper and CH so we can berate someone new.

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Ridiculous. What is all this stuff about? “I bet we get someone on loan!!” So what? Villa got Mings and Tuanzebe on loan last season!? 

We need defender who are better than what we’ve got and an experienced keeper who is better than Raya right now. None of these should price too difficult to achieve before the window shuts. I don’t care whether we spend £10m, loan them or get them on a free. The spend is largely irrelevant because none of us foot the bill. The only thing that matters is we get the players above.

Ive given up arguing with people on here. I cannot relate at all with those who talk about relegation etc. The same people banging on about Brentford who are basically whoring out every single asset they have and with supposedly the perfect business model bought David Raya - a keeper who we’ve all watched for two seasons and know unequivocally isn’t great. 

He seemed to get great as soon as it looked like he was leaving.  Where's the replacement?

If he showed that sort of commitment on the pitch when he's been fit and played, you wouldn't have forgotten him.

We've outgrown him. Should be one of the players we're touting around.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Greatly underwhelmed by the (now very likely) prospect of Gallagher joining, and wonder how we will accommodate him along with Graham and Dack, and to blood Brereton in his correct position. Nuttall is certainly going to have to leave.

I just hope we announce a credible goalkeeper at the same time but the idea of Gallagher, Adam and Hart does nothing for me and is not going to generate much in the way of extra season ticket sales.

Don't mind Gally too much but really Tony, we need players that can STOP 10-12 goals rather than maybe score em.

14 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Whichever way you paint it, flex is VERY real. It’s what results from a supply and demand situation. As the pendulum swings one way and then the other it becomes more and more prevelant. It’s 100% the reason why lots of transfers are done on or close to deadline day.

It really isn’t.

In FlexWorld™️ a £10m transfer fee would put a player on a couple of grand a week. It doesn’t work like that. It’s a fallacy brought about because of free transfers like Michael Owen going to Real Madrid.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, philipl said:

Net spenders are Cardiff, Stoke and Charlton- Brentford have now moved substantially to net profit.

With the acquisition of Gallagher, Rovers are now top of the net spending list.

I WILL REPEAT FOR THE HARD OF HEARING, AS OF THIS EVENING ROVERS HAVE SPENT NET MORE THAN ANY OTHER CHAMPIONSHIP CLUB IN THIS WINDOW.

So if we have a bad season I CAN REPEAT THIS TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT SAY TONY KNOWS WHAT HES DOING

Just now, Stuart said:

It really isn’t.

In FlexWorld™️ a £10m transfer fee would put a player on a couple of grand a week. It doesn’t work like that. It’s a fallacy brought about because of free transfers like Michael Owen going to Real Madrid.

That’s nowhere near what Sir John Waggott said.

He basically said bigger fees could happen if wages reflected a saving. Direct reply to a question after signing Brereton!

Don’t make me post the link for the 47th time 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Im talking about the club’s internal ‘flex’, accounting practices, we don’t want to confuse the two.

Biz said we do one of two things:

Either small/no fee... means experienced can have a big wage - Johnson

Big fee but small wages - so development players like BB.

That is the flex. We couldn’t possibly spend say £5million on a player AND fund his £25,000 a week wages... oh

That’s not how I remember it starting but ok, if that’s the position.

It’s still nonsense. And if that’s really how Mowbray thinks then it’s no wonder he is regularly disappointed.

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

Unfortunately there's no room for sentiment at this level of the game. There's no way Samuel is going to get ahead of the likes of Graham, Armstrong, Rothwell, Gallagher or Bennett - whether he is looking at playing striker or right wing. He needs to move on for the sake of his own career to a club better suited to his level of ability. 

Pity that doesn't apply to the defence!

• Like 1