BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Hasta said:

A Birmingham fans I deal with through work asked me what I thought of Sam Gallagher when they signed him. I said "Don't expect a premier league striker. He's a bang average championship striker"

6 months later I saw him again and he said " he isn't even that good"

Whilst statistically he got a good return last time, I didn't think he was brilliant in general. A bit underwhelmed to be honest. I was hoping for an upgrade on DG but I feel we've just got a decent backup

Injury-free, I still think the best signing for next season could be Chapman.

I think that sums things up for me at the minute. We needed (still need) an upgrade on last season’s squad. Right now we have replaced two of the departures and brought in an understudy and have another understudy on trial.

Lambert brought in Graham on loan and he brought with him much needed quality and experience. Coyle convinced him to sign up permanently. (Coyle!). Mowbray doesn’t seem able to bring in the same kind of quality - despite having money to spend than Lambert could have dreamed of - and we are now relying on Gallagher to grow into the role.

Feels like there is going to be a sting in the tail of this window.

As far as GK go ( totally random shout) what about the Everton back up/ benchwarmer Maarten Skelenburg? Former Dutch national 36 years old. He has made zero PL appearances the last two years. Think he might be a season long loan possibility? Risky obviously but has a great pedigree. 

Just now, Auburn Rover said:

As far as GK go ( totally random shout) what about the Everton back up/ benchwarmer Maarten Skelenburg? Former Dutch national 36 years old. He has made zero PL appearances the last two years. Think he might be a season long loan possibility? Risky obviously but has a great pedigree. 

Didn't think he was that old, could Adrian be an option for us?

Other GK's on free.

Edited by Swanson

43 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I know @Paul Mani mentioned him earlier but the more I think about it I just cant see it. If he's made available for loan then surely there will be better options than us available to him.

I genuinely believe it will be a signing of that level. Ajayi is better than him and Bauer imo

Just now, Swanson said:

Didn't think he was that old, could Adrian be an option for us?

Other GK's on free.

Not many I've heard of tbh on that list , personally although I don't see nationality as an issue , the ability to communicate and organise is essential for a GK , so any keeper who doesn't speak Any English I would have to rule out , sure i recognise the Greek lad was he at Ajax or PSV one of the big Dutch clubs 

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

I could put blindfold on and pick an upgrade from Raya from that list.

No idea what the hold up is.

Maybe... like... holding out for plan A?

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

I could put blindfold on and pick an upgrade from Raya from that list.

No idea what the hold up is.

Ha ha ... We'd end up with Jake Kean 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AJW said:

Not many I've heard of tbh on that list , personally although I don't see nationality as an issue , the ability to communicate and organise is essential for a GK , so any keeper who doesn't speak Any English I would have to rule out , sure i recognise the Greek lad was he at Ajax or PSV one of the big Dutch clubs 

A bit better list this, GK's with ending contracts next summer. Contains three of our "targets".

Edited by Swanson

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Ajayi available for £2m. Leeds sniffing round now.

The thing I love about Ajayi is you could have Mulgrew standing on Lenihans shoulders and you still wouldn’t beat him in the air.

• Like 1