BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

• Backroom
17 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Let’s put ourselves in the mind of Mowbray...

Lenihan and Williams did reasonably well at the end of the season when we were safe.

Mulgrew. Pitches in with goals, legs have gone, may even leave.

Nyambe. Apparently had a decent ANC, despite scoring and own goal (did anyone see it?). Bennett or Travis can cover at right back.

Wharton. Has been on loan - might be able to earn his place. Could go either way.

Magloire. Didn’t look dreadful after some early nerves. Back up from the bench.

Smallwood. My mate could potentially do a job there if necessary - if we are desperate.

Sorted.

Ooh look, there’s a centre midfielder going cheap...

I wonder if the DJ promotion has anything to do with our u23 cbs maybe being seen as potentially ready?

Magloire, Wharton, Platt, Grayson.

The first three, I have regularly been impressed by but only at the u23 level at highest. Maybe they're (or some) being prepped to move up?

39 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Good news- defender looked at. 

Bad news- he plays for Burnley 

jimmy dunne, most likely joining hull but there has been some enquiries from rovers. 

Republic of Ireland defender who can play variety of positions which appeals to mowbray. But mainly centre back and meant to be the next Shane Duffy, impressed at Sunderland and hearts last year 

I just threw up, this cant be real life. Total scrub but no bother spending 5m on a huddy like Gallagher.

Losing it over here.

now that i know holtby was at brockhall for three days and isnt signing im a lil miffed off, especially since hes head and shoulders about anyone at our club bar dack, he would of been a great signing, him and adam and let butterfield bugger off,  sell smallwood,  loan out buckley and the midfield would be sorted no end

• Like 1

Just now, Mike E said:

I wonder if the DJ promotion has anything to do with our u23 cbs maybe being seen as potentially ready?

Magloire, Wharton, Platt, Grayson.

The first three, I have regularly been impressed by but only at the u23 level at highest. Maybe they're (or some) being prepped to move up?

If the plan is to rely on untested kids to transform a diabolical defence whilst we have 12m tied up in substitute strikers then that would be insane.

Magloire cant head a ball, Platt couldnt get a game for Stanley and Wharton apparently didnt impress at Bury.

• Like 1

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Wait a minute Mowbray was at a Hamburger game last year if I remember rightly, against Union Berlin club???? Obviously been chasing Holtby for a while. Just cant seem to get his targets,,,,

in all your honesty could you see yourself if you was a footballer being impressed with mowbray though? 

• Like 1

Just now, AdamRochina said:

in all your honesty could you see yourself if you was a footballer being impressed with mowbray though? 

Was it 3 days of negotiations which we couldn't complete, or was it 3 days of Lewis Holtby shadowing Smallwood learning how to be a proper central midfielder?

I shudder either way.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Lewis Holtby, damn that would have been nice. Even with our 15 midfielders. He is more of an attacking midfielder?

Are we actually actively trying to sell, release, loan out any of the deadwood? 

Smallwood is close to dropping to record breaking pecking order depth.

Smallwood provides too much position versatility to be dropped. Backup CM, backup CB, backup GK. Great player to have on the bench and a fantastic changing room presence. 

Jimmy Dunne would have to be the younger option if we're looking at him. Still need somebody ready to step straight in. The lad played 21 games for Sunderland last season but before that has played just a handful of games at National League and League 2 level plus a stint in the Scottish Premiership.

Not really bothered if he has spent a couple of seasons at Burnley tbh, just that we need somebody like Ajayi to come straight in to a starting spot. 

As for keeper, if we cannot pick one up permanent this season, go and loan Emiliano Martinez from Arsenal for the season. Was at Reading last season and was apparently excellent for them. 

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

jimmy dunne, most likely joining hull but there has been some enquiries from rovers. 

Republic of Ireland defender who can play variety of positions which appeals to mowbray. But mainly centre back and meant to be the next Shane Duffy, impressed at Sunderland and hearts last year 

Is this the championship loan defender we were supposedly after? Feels a bit odd in terms of switching our focus? He’s a good player, no doubt but not one I’ve heard.

8 hours ago, Dr X said:
8 hours ago, tomphil said:

5 including Samuel, I think he was assuming there's just 1 berth available with Dack.

Armstrong, Brereton, Graham and Gallagher is overkill for one position. 

It's a good assumption ??

Add in Samuel and Nuttal and its moves to 6-1 ☹️ 

Not saying that this is the case, but our preference to sign strikers /midfielders, when our DF is absolute bobbins, just makes me think it is possible 'others' impact our transfer policy. 

A scouting system does not take this long to reap rewards 

5 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

No matter what your opinion of Gallagher is I think you need to give him some credit for holding out for us when he had other options available. He could have got better wages and stayed nearer Southampton rather than uproot the length of the country. Any player that shows dedication to the club deserves some credit from me. Personally I quite like him, think he will do well for us. 

Loans to pick up from next week. 

Believe gk is closing 

Any ideas on the GK? 

Just now, Dr X said:

It's a good assumption ??

Add in Samuel and Nuttal and its moves to 6-1 ☹️ 

Not saying that this is the case, but our preference to sign strikers /midfielders, when our DF is absolute bobbins, just makes me think it is possible 'others' impact our transfer policy. 

A scouting system does not take this long to reap rewards 

Forget Samuel and Nuttall who weren’t good enough to break through last season or the season before. They will be moved on ASAP.

It genuinely depends on what formation we play. If it’s one up top then it’s basically Graham vs Gallagher with Brereton, Dack, Rothwell, Armstrong, Chapman and Butterworth vying for the three spots in behind.

If we play 4312 or 3412 then you have Dack, Rothwell and Butterworth fighting for the spot in behind and two of Gally, Graham, Brereton and Armstrong up top. Rothwell could even play from deeper in a midfield three with Johnson and Travis next to him. I like that three tbh.

Speaking of Burnley defenders, what the hell have they done to Ben Gibson, or was he injured a lot last season? I remember him playing in their famous European tour and getting sent off but apart from that not much else. He looked the real deal at Boro. No I don't think we'll sign him, just curious.

7 hours ago, Madon said:

Lewis Holtby has been at Brockhall for the past 3 days (yes, another midfielder) 

Fear not, he has now gone to Turkey to sign for Galatasaray by the sounds of it. 

In regards to transfers,  supposedly we want to pay fees over 4 years rather than all up front so we are being told where to go by alot of clubs. 

So we actually have targets from Europe and he has been here for 3 days without no one picking it up until now. I guess that is a positive thing.. Holtby is a freebie, can't say that I remember when he played for Spurs and Fulham.

7 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Would the Burnley one be Gibson? Or is it some kid we have never heard of?

As for the bit in bold, of course it does ??

God forbid we actually go and get someone who has a natural position and play them there.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Would the Burnley one be Gibson? Or is it some kid we have never heard of?

As for the bit in bold, of course it does ??

God forbid we actually go and get someone who has a natural position and play them there.

The Burnley one is Jimmy Dunne. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, roverandout said:

Mowbary has no idea how to spend money wisely. No contacts. Just goes for the safe option. Pathetic. Rovers desperately need a manager that can indicate in transfer dealings and tactics

We get it, you're Mr Angry. Sometimes I wonder if you and Mercer are brothers from another mother'...

• Like 2