BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Adrian for me .

For those with the theory that playing in the Championship would be ideal for joe Hart to get his confidence back ..I think the complete opposite! He ll have twice as much to do in the Championship than he would in the PL and the more he ll have to do the more simple errors which he's prone too will happen more and more often. imagine Hart picking the ball out of the net 60 odd times like last season ..he d feel his career would be over !

Massive fall from grace. Representing Man City, then playing for Torino. Falling further down the pecking order in the PL at West Ham and then signing for an annual relegation favourite in Burnley. Next drop would then be us in the Championship and technically, we're a bottom half Championship club as things stand. I am not sure his ego for one would be able to take that. 

Why risk paying big wages when he is likely to turn out to be crap. 

• Like 3

Adrian would be a brilliant signing. I remember him having a few moments of madness for West Ham but we ain't gonna sign the perfect keeper are we on our budget.

FoRster was in my eyes Englands #1 at his peak. Bad injuries and some dodgy decisions have sent him downhill a bit in more recent times but sure theres still a quality keeper in there if he gets his confidence up.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Massive fall from grace. Representing Man City, then playing for Torino. Falling further down the pecking order in the PL at West Ham and then signing for an annual relegation favourite in Burnley. Next drop would then be us in the Championship and technically, we're a bottom half Championship club as things stand. I am not sure his ego for one would be able to take that. 

Why risk paying big wages when he is likely to turn out to be crap. 

Completely agree ..

"Burnley’s performances suddenly turned around when they removed Hart from goal and replaced him with Heaton. Their defence suddenly stopped conceding as many chances close to their keeper. Their keepers have dramatically different records both when it comes to stopping shots and when it comes to claiming balls in their area. Put it all together and it makes a powerful case that the reason Burnley’s season has turned around is that Joe Hart is bad and Tom Heaton is good. Keepers, it turns out, might just be important."

https://statsbomb.com/2019/02/the-great-burnley-keeper-switch/

• Like 2

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Completely agree ..

"Burnley’s performances suddenly turned around when they removed Hart from goal and replaced him with Heaton. Their defence suddenly stopped conceding as many chances close to their keeper. Their keepers have dramatically different records both when it comes to stopping shots and when it comes to claiming balls in their area. Put it all together and it makes a powerful case that the reason Burnley’s season has turned around is that Joe Hart is bad and Tom Heaton is good. Keepers, it turns out, might just be important."

https://statsbomb.com/2019/02/the-great-burnley-keeper-switch/

And it seems it was a similar story at West Ham, started first choice, finished second choice behind Adrian.

All 3 mentioned above in Hart, Carson and Adrian are all better than Raya.

End of discussion. Will of course all need some new defenders to protect them but like I said above all 3 are better all round goalkeepers than Raya. 

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

All 3 mentioned above in Hart, Carson and Adrian are all better than Raya.

End of discussion. Will of course all need some new defenders to protect them but like I said above all 3 are better all round goalkeepers than Raya. 

Don't want Hart. Over rated and prone to bad errors. Other two ok

• Like 5

Football is a funny game. If pep doesnt come to city then Hart would probably still be city and england #1

He'd also be well on pace to be englands most capped player as many thought he would be whilst firmly #1

And now here we are with some fans not happy we may or may not sign him.

Pep's desire for a different type of keeper really knocked his ego and confidence and he has lost his way.

The reward if you can rebuild that confidence is really high. We could have a really world class keeper on our hands

• Like 6

Sorry I don't follow City's doings too closely - why is Pep responsible for Hart's collapse? Seems more likely the player just lost it. Even if it started after he got benched for a new goalie or something, his fall has been too dramatic to not be down to mental shortcomings.

Pep didnt want hart. He wanted to play out from the back more and wnated a keeper better with his feet and he ousted hart.

Clearly for a youngman that had been trending upwards his whole life, he didnt respond well to the suprise knocking and he has lost something

But even at 90-95% of his former self he would be the best keeper in this league

Edited by FGS5635
  • Like 1

Just now, FGS5635 said:

Pep didnt want hart. He wanted to play out from the back more and wnated a keeper better with his feet and he ousted hart.

Clearly for a youngman that had been trending upwards his whole life, he didnt respond well to the suprise knocking and he has lost something

But even at 90-95% of his former self he would be the best keeper in this league

I thought we were evolving into a passing style which presumably involves the keeper. Has Hart learnt that art at Burnley I wonder?

There isnt much wrong with harts passing or kicking, it just wasnt the level pep wanted for the tactics he wanted.

Lets be honest citys keeper is better than most midfeild players with the ball at his feet

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

Joe Hart can't save shots to his left which is a bit of a weakness. Fraser Forster is expensive and poor. Never rated Carson. So by process of elimination it's gotta be Adrian for me. 

That or I just hate English keepers as I think Pickford has tiny arms. 

Just now, FGS5635 said:

75 eng caps, over 100 premier league clean sheets, 4golden glove awards, premier league winner...............but yeah he cant save anything to his left

Hart, Adrian, Ruddy, Forster and Carson are ALL better than Raya right now. 

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 3