BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

8 minutes ago, Biz said:

There’s nothing to suggest that Bauer wouldn’t be another example of a growing yield, especially taking into account our current top CB is probably going towards 10m (my estimate) in value.

There are interviews that also suggest he was never a solution for first choice - and since we also didn’t meet a small fee last summer, isn’t it easy to just think we didn’t really want him that much?

We’ve had so many different managers in that time with different systems, priorities, amounts to spend, philosophies (or lack of!) - I can find little consistency if I’m honest.

As I said, the most obvious reason with the least assumption suggests those players just haven’t materialised - There is also the GK, RB’s, CB’s that have come through the academy - we haven’t had a No9 in all that time come through. If you look at the squad (after AA went back to NUFC) before last summer, and Brereton - many of us would’ve accepted and agreed our weaknesses came primarily on the flank and up top.

If we sign no GK or CB this summer - I’ll be pretty concerned, and I think many would be too - knowing the last 20m had gone into all midfield and attack - but I just don’t think it is going to happen JHR - especially not because of some “venky order”..! 

I'm not suggesting some elaborate conspiracy or grand evil scheme here. It's fairly straight forward and from a purely business/financial point of view it even makes some sense.

The club has its budget. Extra funds for new signings have to be considered and then sanctioned by India. 

It is clear that there is more in the pot for offensive players. The fact we've found millions - much more than others would pay - from somewhere to sign Armstrong, Brereton and Gallagher shows that they are prepared to speculate on those sort of players. If only one of them turns out a success story he will probably cover the cost of all 3.

We need defenders and the manager admitted that back in May. So to spend 5 million on Gallagher and then say it's tough to land our defensive targets doesn't stack up.

• Like 2

Just now, JacknOry said:

Also, back to the keeper. Surely we would have to be waiting on Carson to be replaced at Derby, they have nobody of note behind him.

He wasnt the starter at Derby last year. Lost his place under lampard as he wanted a sweeper keeper style keeper and he didnt think carson could play that role

Just now, JacknOry said:

Also, back to the keeper. Surely we would have to be waiting on Carson to be replaced at Derby, they have nobody of note behind him.

Carson was dislodged at the back end of last season. They have another keeper

Might be in a minority but I don't want Dann back at all.

Anybody think unrealistic big names are being chucked in again now so they can say they tried but couldn't pull them off so we go with what we have ?

• Like 4

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Carson

Dann 

Skrtl

Be happy with those!!

Not Dann and Skrtel. One or the other in my eyes.

You have Mulgrew as your 2nd choice back up. Lenihan partnered by either Dann/Skrtel, with Mulgrew, Magloire, Wharton as back up.

That said I could miss both Dann and Skrtel in truth, but out the two Skrtel is the better player

Just now, tomphil said:

Might be in a minority but I don't want Dann back at all.

Anybody think unrealistic big names are being chucked in again now so they can say they tried but couldn't pull them off so we go with what we have ?

Tbf tomphil it is only a poster on here who has said that, not the club. We don't hear a whiff from the club these days!

• Backroom
Just now, RV Blue said:

Carson is the worst player we have been linked with to replace Raya, not sure why some appear to be happy.

Because it's still an upgrade.

• Like 5

Dann had a bad injury in december 2017 and has not played much since. Hes on his last year on his contract and would be a cheap option if fit. But remember that he in 2013 said when signed for Rovers that Keam was a major factor for him to join. Has done very well at Palace in Premier League until his injury.

When we sold Raya there was a big backlash on here,

Everyone has spent two weeks concentrating on the negatives in his game just to try justify the sale, they believe it themselves now,

Raya is a massive upgrade on Carson and he isn’t getting the credit for his performances on here anymore.

• Like 5

We've got so many bodies in midfield and up front that you would think we're going to have to get some of these young lads a good loan move.

Other than a league cup game or a freak injury crisis, don't see how Butterworth, Buckley, Nuttall and Rankin-Costollo are going to even make the bench.

Raya was dropped at the back end of last season, that's right dropped and although Mowbrays public handling of the situation was very poor the dropping of the player was correct.

Steady performing keepers don't get dropped but granted everything else that's followed seems a bit knee jerk from both sides so whether there was something else at play who knows but fact remains he'd become a poor performer.

• Like 1

Agree with majority of that. Would like to see Martin Olsson back if we can pick him up as hes currently a free agent. Gallagher to come for a tired Graham were we hope he can score 10 to 15 a season. Typo 

Just now, tomphil said:

Raya was dropped at the back end of last season, that's right dropped and although Mowbrays public handling of the situation was very poor the dropping of the player was correct.

Steady performing keepers don't get dropped but granted everything else that's followed seems a bit knee jerk from both sides so whether there was something else at play who knows but fact remains he'd become a poor performer.

Raya wasnt playing up to standard. Would have liked him to stay. 3 million for his age isn't much when you see how much players are going for these days

Just now, Gary C said:

Raya wasnt playing up to standard. Would have liked him to stay. 3 million for his age isn't much when you see how much players are going for these days

Yeah he'd have benefitted from working with a good keeper in his time here but Steele and the other lad were never any better than him.  At this stage having broken into the first team as no 1 he was never going to accept being a no 2 again when there was other interest in him I don't think.

• Like 1