BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Let's not forget we already are down 1 senior center half with Downing out the door. So I think we need 2 CBs and a left back. Bennett has struggled most games at RB.

Nyambe-Lenihan-NewCB-NewLB

If the new players are good enough, that's a realistic way of improving the defence.

If we're going 3 at the back then God help us. Strikes me of just hoping that more defenders on the pitch = better defence.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17777347.rovers-transfer-news-keeper-search-nearing-end/

“The defensive area of the team could do with some competition and some bodies added and we’ll try and do that.”

Bit different to the whole better players are coming in as the current players haven’t been good enough quote a couple of months back.

He has lost all credibility concerning the defence. He can’t even say that the problem was Raya because he has already admitted that Raya wanted out.

Next our defenders will “need some help” then we still won’t do anything.

At this rate, Leutwilerwill have Bell, Lenihan, Mulgrew and Bennett in from on him against Charlton. Smh.

• Like 2

3 at the back with wing backs is difficult to play against IF you can pull it off. You can't just try it willy nilly, you have to fully commit to it to get it right, which we never have. More importantly you have to have good enough quality wing backs to pull it off. 

With the amount of attacking quality we now have it would be a bad idea. We'd be better off defending from the front than playing to our weakness (defence). I'm convinced of we played 6 a the back we'd still concede bucket loads. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gary C said:

We all want Rovers to do well. I'm frustrated by lack of additions but I'll get behind whoever's is on the pitch come August 9th when deadlines gone

Love mowbarys scattergun approach. Doesn't know his arse from his elbow

Just now, roverandout said:

Love mowbarys scattergun approach. Doesn't know his arse from his elbow

Does that apply to all the other first and second division managers still searching for new players? 

• Like 1

Just now, Crimpshrine said:

Still got a feeling it will be a surprise name. Not one mentioned so far.

None of us predicted Johnson - I wouldn’t be surprised if GK is the same.

That said - of all the rumours, @J*B ‘mention of Adrian is the one I want to believe the most! 

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

He has lost all credibility concerning the defence. He can’t even say that the problem was Raya because he has already admitted that Raya wanted out.

Next our defenders will “need some help” then we still won’t do anything.

At this rate, Leutwilerwill have Bell, Lenihan, Mulgrew and Bennett in from on him against Charlton. Smh.

I share your cynicism of TM's comments about the defence. They've shifted around quite a lot over the last 6 or 7 months, and I don't like comments like 'we need competition and some bodies added'. He may mean something else by it, and maybe it's smoke and mirrors to keep the prices from inflating, but it reads like signing squad fillers instead of the first teamers we need.

That said, I'm genuinely confused that you've been able to take his comments (assuming you've read all of them and not just the one you quoted) and concluded that we will line up with that at the back. The actual defenders, maybe, but he has just said he expects a keeper in the next couple of days, and that we're thinking of adding two goalkeepers. There's almost no chance Leutwiler lines up in goal on the opening day.

I agree with a lot of what you say and are concerned about, but lighten up a little Stuart! Don't give fuel to the fire for those who want to brand you a doom and gloomer.

Edited by bluebruce

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

“The defensive area of the team could do with some competition and some bodies added and we’ll try and do that.”

@Paul Mani seems that he still wants more than 1 defender and it isnt an unrealistic demand of people so that they can moan when he fails!

Don’t blow yer load too soon pal. In that passage he also spoke about continuing to strengthen in future windows.

Sounds like two keepers (which makes sense as he wanted one plus Raya when he first spoke about the GK department) and a defender to me. I’m certainly not expecting a CB (or two), a lb and a rb as well as two keepers. Are you expecting five to six more signings? Nah, because that my friend is unrealistic! ?

Looks like Magloire, Buckley, Rankin Costello and Butterworth are all going to be in and around the 1st team. Academy paying off. Apparently they were all excellent in the friendly match. 

I don’t expect much in’s:

Joe Hart GK minimal transfer fee and Adam CM on free.

Taunzabe CH and Chong RW on loan for Man Utd.

Edited by Fraserkirky

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Looks like Magloire, Buckley, Rankin Costello and Butterworth are all going to be in and around the 1st team. Academy paying off. Apparently they were all excellent in the friendly match. 

Tuanzebe? The player Villa are trying to sign and Manchester United just a day ago said has a good chance of being part of their first team plans this season? Nah, we wont be getting him.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Sam Hart wasn't too bad as well. Might get a chance this season.

8 hours ago, briansol said:

Ratings from today's game. All the youngsters did well, Buckley and Butterworth best. 

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-player-ratings-win-16603472

Liked the look of Butterworth. Fisher made some decent saves but looked weak on crosses...I know, I know...Buckley definitely has something about him. Downing late cameo. Look out for signature left to right diagonal balls over the top for Armstrong being a thing this season.

• Like 3