BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

If they’re going down the line of Sheff United then the wingbacks don’t put crosses in because the wide cb’s overlap them. I don’t recall O’Connell and Halford being renowned for crossing. Best to just let the tactical people do the tactics I guess...we signed anyone yet!? 

3 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Who is the main goalkeeper we are after?

The club has done a good job keeping it under wraps.

We have been linked to Carson, Hart and  Fodderingham, can't think of anymore. But none of these are the front runner? I wonder who is

Still convinced it'll be Carson and this Rangers lad. Reckon Rangers GK and Citeh youngster today, then Carson over the weekend. Still very much hoping we bring in a big, experienced nasty bugger the back too.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Still convinced it'll be Carson and this Rangers lad. Reckon Rangers GK and Citeh youngster today, then Carson over the weekend. Still very much hoping we bring in a big, experienced nasty bugger the back too.

I reckon that will be our lot. ((After the big nasty bugger)

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

If they’re going down the line of Sheff United then the wingbacks don’t put crosses in because the wide cb’s overlap them. I don’t recall O’Connell and Halford being renowned for crossing. Best to just let the tactical people do the tactics I guess...we signed anyone yet!? 

So Lenihan’s (with his well known quality distribution) going to be putting crosses on the strikers’ heads now?

Yeah definitely leave it to the tacticians, Paul.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

So Lenihan’s (with his well known quality distribution) going to be putting crosses on the strikers’ heads now?

IF Matthew, IF we are....?

3 hours ago, danger19_80 said:

It's also been said on here that if we bring Foderingham in TM wouldn't be as concerned about bringing in plan A. So Foderingham could potentially be it, which would be disastrous in my view. Not a good enough #1 and nowhere near an upgrade on Raya. Getting a bit concerned now.

The key part is in your first sentence "said on here that if we bring Foderinghan in Mowbray won't be bothered about plan A"

Just now, Mattyblue said:

An old fella near me in the JW used to refer to Dann as ‘Dann-basten’ If he were to return...though one may consider that tongue in cheek?

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Paul Mani said:

An old fella near me in the JW used to refer to Dann as ‘Dann-basten’ If he were to return...though one may consider that tongue in cheek?

Mate, after that goal away at Derby in the Cup, I called him the same. 

Chest, half volley, sithi! Didn't think he had it in him!

38 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It doesn't take a scouting network for that it takes an agent probably working on behalf of the club moving them out.

In fairness I don't think any manager would need an agent or scouting network to tell them that Johnson and Carson are solid championship players 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

34 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Other than being able to run forwards in a straight line quite quickly Bell is crap, terrible defender.  He was a cheap young signing though from lge 1 for lge 1 so it was worth a punt but time to improve although i wouldn't shut the door on him i'd look to loan him back to where he is more suited for a season. He was a Mowbray signing for money though which means he'll be kept involved, probably doesn't moan when he's rotated so that'll be even more attractive to the manager.

What i would do though before i moved him would be sort out a good centre half first and foremost !

Would it not make sense to sort the left back position first? :)

Think this is a bit harsh on bell. Loan him back to league 1,really? Would seem pointless. His crossing could be better and he has his issues defensively, but he is good on the ball and scored a few goals in the second half of the season. Out of all our defenders last season, he definitely wasn't the worst. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

In fairness I don't think any manager would need an agent or scouting network to tell them that Johnson and Carson are solid championship players 

That's hardly the point.

1 hour ago, schoey said:

100% he was brought in with the view to being a wing back. Had it from the Fleetwood chairman himself...(along with us being a bigger club). Wether we end up playing him there is a different story!

He has good close control at speed and can take on defenders so when he first came I thought he would be a good wing-back.

However he hasn't improved and there is rarely an end product. He wouldn't feature in our thinking this season if it were up to me.

• Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Would it not make sense to sort the left back position first? :)

Think this is a bit harsh on bell. Loan him back to league 1,really? Would seem pointless. His crossing could be better and he has his issues defensively, but he is good on the ball and scored a few goals in the second half of the season. Out of all our defenders last season, he definitely wasn't the worst. 

Yes i'd loan him back to league 1 unless you think you can find a taker anywhere else ?

Yes i'd sort centre half first after the keeper obviously as it's where the major weaknesses have been in a weak back line as a whole.

Bell is employed as a defender his job is to defend what you seem to be suggesting is he'd be better on the left wing.

Just now, tomphil said:

Yes i'd loan him back to league 1 unless you think you can find a taker anywhere else ?

Yes i'd sort centre half first after the keeper obviously as it's where the major weaknesses have been in a weak back line as a whole.

Bell is employed as a defender his job is to defend what you seem to be suggesting is he'd be better on the left wing.

But if we sold/loaned Bell, who would you play left back? 

No, I wouldn't play him left wing. We have far, far better options for there. He needs to improve defensively, but he had a season at this level under his belt now and hopefully the entire defensive unit will be better this season.